X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    We all know about hindsight and I was critical at times towards Jurusick, but I wonder if Hayton (at this point) is any better than what Matt might have been this year? Always fun to speculate.
    Sort of ironic that Matt had an .892 SV% on the season last year, identical to Kyle's at the moment...

Kyle's B1G numbers are ugly. 3-3-1 3.33GA and .870SV%. Overall 7-6-2 2.88GA .892SV%.

Courtesy of the weekend Jack is now 3-1 1.95 GA .919 SV%. In the B1G he's 1-0 1.46GA .961SV%

Jack was the perfect remedy on Saturday, so calm it's hard to believe. When he stoned Ramsey on that Penalty shot I think it really gave the boys confidence that they could get the job done.

Tishke was amazing at the end and received lots of praise and all the D were much better, but Kalynuk and Linhart were outstanding throughout the game vs. the top goofs. They were physically over matched against some of those big boys, but they wasted no time in winning pucks back and getting them out. And Jake's patience to get that puck through for the GWG was a thing of beauty.

Nobody in their right mind should give the Badgers a chance against the Golden Juggernaut this weekend.

Good.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton;6565772[B
      ]Sort of ironic that Matt had an .892 SV% on the season last year, identical to Kyle's at the moment...[/B]

Kyle's B1G numbers are ugly. 3-3-1 3.33GA and .870SV%. Overall 7-6-2 2.88GA .892SV%.

Courtesy of the weekend Jack is now 3-1 1.95 GA .919 SV%. In the B1G he's 1-0 1.46GA .961SV%
      I had a hunch, but was too lazy to look it up. Thanks for posting.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Article on goalies by Todd M. https://t.co/tdNZhwD5wI
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

As expected, Trent Frederic was named to WJ preliminary roster.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            As expected, Trent Frederic was named to WJ preliminary roster.
            Article on the juniors and Trent. Plus Todd Milewski is tweeting about pulling Olympians from the WJ team...

https://t.co/Iiat4akAaS
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Predictions for this weekend?

I am hopeful we can win at least one game. I think we can play with any team if the defense cuts down on the turnovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

I am hopeful we can win at least one game. I think we can play with any team if the defense cuts down on the turnovers.
                Split. I think Berry can offset defensive lapses one night and Frederic is beginning to light it up now as well
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Split. I think Berry can offset defensive lapses one night and Frederic is beginning to light it up now as well
                  I also think a split. On a selfish note, I hope the "W" side of the split is Saturday, but I might go Friday as well. Hopefully, this weekend with the Irish (you hate 'em or love 'em) will bring bigger crowds. This team deserves bigger, rowdier (?) crowds than there has been. I'll try to do my part.

EDIT: I went on the UW site and Saturday night looks really good.
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-06-2017, 03:57 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

This team is so skitzo. They could get swept, they could sweep, they could split. It all hinges on D zone play.

I kinda got sucked into going to the Buck's game Friday by my eldest son, I'd rather not go, but I'll do the good Dad thing go. I do not own anything Milwaukee Bucks orientated, is it in bad taste to wear something hockey orientated or do I just wear a green shirt and hope to blend in? I'll have to watch the Friday game on DVR Saturday AM and try to avoid noting the results. Also note the women's game is on FSN Friday afternoon, fire up those DVRs record that too for some quality hockey to watch.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      This team is so skitzo. They could get swept, they could sweep, they could split. It all hinges on D zone play.

I kinda got sucked into going to the Buck's game Friday by my eldest son, I'd rather not go, but I'll do the good Dad thing go. I do not own anything Milwaukee Bucks orientated, is it in bad taste to wear something hockey orientated or do I just wear a green shirt and hope to blend in?
                      Sioux jerseys/shirts are well received in any arena. And you will feel . . . elevated.

Comment

Watched most of the replay of the goofs and ND this week as I hadn't really seen the micks play lately. Notre Dame plays a little different system but they remind me a lot of some of Eaves' veteran teams in that they are very disciplined in what they do, they do it correctly just about every time, and are just generally very hard to play against. (to me, one of the best qualities you can have.) Mostly all upperclassmen in the lineup, no real blazers, but plenty of guys with skill to hurt you given the chance. Tony talks a lot about playing as a group of 5- that's what they do. Not a big pressure forecheck, but always five guys sprinting back and in position. So that means chipping it in deep, going and getting it, sucking the forwards down, working it high and getting to the net. Rinse, repeat. Will take a lot of mental toughness to stick with it as they frustrate you consistently and have been very successful at controlling the pace of play. ND dictated pace at the gophers making them look slow, and they certainly aren't.

On the other hand, the Irish are doing it a little with smoke and mirrors, statistically. They have a very high PDO of 105.37, a Corsi for of 47.8 and a Fenwick of 46.7. Corsi and Fenwick much below 50 is pretty unusual for a team with even just a winning record. ND has played 6 road games @Rennselaer, @OSU, and @ MiSt winning them all. However they have yet to play a single game on a big sheet which is a bit of a different game. The Badgers have a lot of team speed, and it's possible that they can use the extra space to advantage to go around, or spread and penetrate the the Irish D. Helpful that the Badgers just played well on a big surface @MN last week.

Badgers haven't been swept all year, so I feel like the good Badgers will show up one night for sure. But can we see them both nights? This is really a playoff type series for Bucky. Win two and they will probably be solidly in the National picture. Split and they'll hang around the perimeter. Get swept and they'll be in rough shape for the second half. If the boys are ever going to make a statement, now would be the time.

Edit: For comparison, Badgers PDO is 100.24; Corsi-54.0; Fenwick-55.2.
                        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 12-07-2017, 10:00 AM.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Sioux jerseys/shirts are well received in any arena. And you will feel . . . elevated.
                          As my adopted second team (as in, if WE don't make it I'm OK with you), that brought laughter burd....well done!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            As my adopted second team (as in, if WE don't make it I'm OK with you), that brought laughter burd....well done!
                            This is just wrong on so many levels.

Wondering if Linus will be back in the lineup? Need him but don't want him if he's not 100% ready to go. He will be a big piece in the second half.

I thought Zimmer had a pretty good game. It's the first time in a while that he was able to effectively use his high-gear speed to make some plays, drawing a couple penalties on the goofs. If he can do more of that AND play better without the puck, he can really be an asset in the lineup.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

OK Wisko, I know you stated this somewhere before, but what is PDO, Corsi, and Fenwick and what do they indicate?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                OK Wisko, I know you stated this somewhere before, but what is PDO, Corsi, and Fenwick and what do they indicate?
                                Seconded. All these acronyms are just nuts to figure out.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X