This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

4-8-2 in 2018 with four consecutive losses. So have gotten worse as the season progressed. Just all out ugly season. Next year won't be much better, the way I see it now. Defense and goalie still struggling mightily at the end of year 2 for the new coaches.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Back to hockey. Hard to believe we've resorted to bouncy ball talk.

...Think assistants don't matter? Strobel in charge of the power play.... Article by Todd M:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...22c54c18e.html

Some look at stats last two years. Hard to believe this team would be worse in every major category but here we are:

PP
      2017-18 31st at 18.12%
      2016-17 8th at 21.47%

Offense
      2017-18 22nd at 3.03 GPG
      2016-17 9th 3.39 GPG

Defense
      2017-18 46th at 3.17 GAPG
      2016-17 46th at 3.38 GAPG

Penalty Kill
      2017-18 29th at 81.51%
      2016-17 14th at 84.46%
      we have also taken 26 more penalties than last year
      Defense Goals against is statistically better and while the other numbers are down I think that's more due to the absence of Kunin and Besse than losing Donny G.

Now if they don't improve dramatically in ALL areas next year there will be a lot of second guessing of the staff and rightly so imo.
      Last edited by solovsfett; 02-27-2018, 11:48 AM.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        4-8-2 in 2018 with four consecutive losses. So have gotten worse as the season progressed. Just all out ugly season. Next year won't be much better, the way I see it now. Defense and goalie still struggling mightily at the end of year 2 for the new coaches.
        Agree but the goalies and defense save for Ess and Kalynuk are all terrible or have played nowhere near Elite levels.

The frosh D next year will push these guys right out, that's how much skill they possess.

Goalie will still be unknown unfortunately.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Back to hockey. Hard to believe we've resorted to bouncy ball talk.

...Think assistants don't matter? Strobel in charge of the power play.... Article by Todd M:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...22c54c18e.html

Some look at stats last two years. Hard to believe this team would be worse in every major category but here we are:

PP
          2017-18 31st at 18.12%
          2016-17 8th at 21.47%

Offense
          2017-18 22nd at 3.03 GPG
          2016-17 9th 3.39 GPG

Defense
          2017-18 46th at 3.17 GAPG
          2016-17 46th at 3.38 GAPG

Penalty Kill
          2017-18 29th at 81.51%
          2016-17 14th at 84.46%
          we have also taken 26 more penalties than last year
          I think MS did a heck of a sales job during the interview, but I'm not sure who else applied either. (OSU is a machine with Miller on the staff.) This may be TG's first big mistake. Can Sampo Ranta save the team? By the looks of it maybe they should have somehow kept Cruikshank (sp) in the fold too.

Johnson and Hughes never got on track. Zimmer probably should have done a year or 2 in the USHL. Ustaski finished strong last year but also never got going.

I think in the end the D/G play let the team down more than anything. There is hope on that front.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I think MS did a heck of a sales job during the interview, but I'm not sure who else applied either. (OSU is a machine with Miller on the staff.) This may be TG's first big mistake. Can Sampo Ranta save the team? By the looks of it maybe they should have somehow kept Cruikshank (sp) in the fold too.

Johnson and Hughes never got on track. Zimmer probably should have done a year or 2 in the USHL. Ustaski finished strong last year but also never got going.

I think in the end the D/G play let the team down more than anything. There is hope on that front.
            I think the D-turnover will help a ton for next year and a big reason why I think they will make the NCAA tournament. Defensemen who can make a quick decision and move the puck out of the zone quickly. Linhart and Davison were not good at that. Tischke, for how good he is defensively, wasn't that good at it either. Greenway wasn't either.

Speaking of goalies, does anyone know if Lebedeff will push Berry for the starting role next year? Would be nice to have a ultra consistent goalie for the first time since Rumpel.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
              I think the D-turnover will help a ton for next year and a big reason why I think they will make the NCAA tournament. Defensemen who can make a quick decision and move the puck out of the zone quickly. Linhart and Davison were not good at that. Tischke, for how good he is defensively, wasn't that good at it either. Greenway wasn't either.

Speaking of goalies, does anyone know if Lebedeff will push Berry for the starting role next year? Would be nice to have a ultra consistent goalie for the first time since Rumpel.
              Lebedeff better push Berry, and Zhukov better come too.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                Speaking of goalies, does anyone know if Lebedeff will push Berry for the starting role next year?
                Who doesn't like a Finnish `tendie? But..........
                Most of you know my stance, but I'll mention what I posted in the past.

Unfortunately, he's in the NAHL with ho-hum numbers. The NAHL is not the USHL, players are there for a reason. He had a stint with the USHL Capitols a couple years ago but his numbers weren't great. There's always a chance he's a diamond in the rough (like the football team gets). If Zhukov turns up on the team as well, there certainly is nothing wrong with competition!

Please, Im not knocking the NAHL...it keeps hope alive for many.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Last 8 starts Lebedeff is 6-1-1 with 2 shutouts, giving up 1 or less in 7 of 8, 3 in the other for 1GA/gm and a .951 SV%. That's some pretty fancy numbers.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I'm all for competition at every position next year. Guys pushing each other for playing time raises the level of play for everyone.

This season has just been so... meh... I'd love to have the enthusiasm back that I had at the beginning of the year.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

It is absolutely ridiculous that BTN isn't broadcasting any of this weekend's first round Big Ten Tournament games... Talk about a "great" way to continue to build interest in a sport and convince recruits that your conference is world class. (Sarcasm)

Comment

Agree!

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                          It is absolutely ridiculous that BTN isn't broadcasting any of this weekend's first round Big Ten Tournament games... Talk about a "great" way to continue to build interest in a sport and convince recruits that your conference is world class. (Sarcasm)
                          Of course BB had to fuuuck it all up. I'm so sick of hockey being the ugly stepchild of the B16 family. I may have to look into the BTN 2 go thing. I have had no luck in getting that to work in the past.

Comment

btn 2 go works, but you have to pay the $10/month for BTN plus which I have been doing for the hockey season. $60 or $70 for the extra games is worth it, plus with Roku they can go up on the ole 50 incher.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              btn 2 go works, but you have to pay the $10/month for BTN plus which I have been doing for the hockey season. $60 or $70 for the extra games is worth it, plus with Roku they can go up on the ole 50 incher.
                              That's all fine and good (nevermind that we are already all technically paying extra for BTN) - but the promise of BTN was to offer coverage of Big 10 sports, and when the Big 10 demanded the creation of the Big "10" Hockey Conference, BTN promised to cover it. And here we are with first round series that BTN claimed broadcast rights to, and none of the games are being broadcast. It's made even more frustrating that BTN has so many alternate channels that they deploy for Football coverage, but refuse to use for situations like postseason play which would help build the fanbase - or at least help keep those of us who haven't abandoned college hockey after the Badgers left the WCHA engaged with the support. There is no excuse for the conference's own network to not be covering the post season tournament.

Comment

I suppose BTN may argue that the viewership doesn't justify the cost. Can't build an audience without first putting on a show though, so I do agree with sunprairie's sentiments in general and especially in regards to post season games.

I do have to say though that even though I'm 1600 miles from Madison I'm with TJK on the btn2go. I believe I have still watched every single game this year, which has been a pretty great deal for me. Plus if I wanted to, I could watch most any of them all over again right now. We've come a long way from adding tinfoil to the rabbit ears to pull in a snowy signal.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X