X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    The boys were inconsistent again playing one good period. Frustrating can't put two games together in a weekend.

Pathetic in shoot out. 4-4-1 at home. That is not going to get it done if you want to compete for big ten. Only "sweep" was bc / Merrimack.
    Just bizarre to see how poorly they perform on Saturday nights. Something has to change there.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Despite last night's score, Michigan looked like the better team this weekend.

We were running around in our own zone for large stretches of both games and their puck possession seemed stronger overall.

It's a long season... hopefully we improve as time goes by.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Despite last night's score, Michigan looked like the better team this weekend.

We were running around in our own zone for large stretches of both games and their puck possession seemed stronger overall.

It's a long season... hopefully we improve as time goes by.
        Michigan has some really good players for sure and I agree with you generally. Hope? I don't know, as we are almost half way thru the season and still seeing the same issues over and over.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Michigan has some really good players for sure and I agree with you generally. Hope? I don't know, as we are almost half way thru the season and still seeing the same issues over and over.

No doubt.

Just trying to be optimistic.

Comment

Hayton...

Not really sold yet.

He's good and that save in OT was stellar.

Rebound control is not a strength as pucks often end up in dangerous areas.

In addition, the book is out on him. Shoot high.

He's down in the butterfly early an awful lot and he's also down when he shouldn't be.

He's a good goalie, but not elite from what I've seen so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Hayton...

Not really sold yet.

He's good and that save in OT was stellar.

Rebound control is not a strength as pucks often end up in dangerous areas.

In addition, the book is out on him. Shoot high.

He's down in the butterfly early an awful lot and he's also down when he shouldn't be.

He's a good goalie, but not elite from what I've seen so far.
              Spot on. I listened to both games and have listened to another 5-6...so far, Hayton is overrated and UW is 1-2 years away from doing real damage from what I can tell.

What I like about Michigan's team is they let play racehorse hockey like UW did in the 80's and early 90's.

That puts tremendous pressure on the D no matter who you have back there.

The best defense is a fast, aggressive, attacking offense.
              Last edited by solovsfett; 11-18-2017, 11:15 PM.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Stats were corrected for last night on face offs. 44% and doogie corrected.
                Link

Go over to "individual" and take a look. I don't see any changes. Nonetheless, 44% is still bad. Upper teams will be at 50% or higher on most nights.

They have Saturday's box score with the badgers at 41% (31/76). Frederic has consistently been the only one who can win faceoffs. Sounds like part of the issue this weekend was we were caught chasing the puck. Faceoffs are a catalyst to having or not having the puck. On Saturday according to uwbadgers.com:

Hughes 5-17
                Baker 1-11

Yikes.
                Last edited by digitalbooya; 11-19-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  Just bizarre to see how poorly they perform on Saturday nights. Something has to change there.
                  Friday: 4-3-0
                  Saturday: 3-2-2
                  Sunday: 1-0-0

I wouldn't say bad performances in the two Saturday losses. They out-shot State 38-17 and had over 50% wins in the faceoff dot. Against St. Lawrence was much of the same with shots being 37-13 and faceoffs over 50%. Can't win when your goalies combine to save 7 out of 12 shots minus the empty netter.

Ties against UND and Michigan in close comepetitive games are okay.

I think the puck movement and defensive play will improve next year with the swap of Linhart/Davison -> Miller/Emberson. Hell, it might even improve when JD Greenway finally gets to play a game.

Comment

It was great to see the Captain bury that extra attacker goal to get it to OT last night. Comebacks haven't been the boy's forte' at all and hopefully it will pay some dividends in belief down the road.

On Hayton I agree that he's a good goalie, but we haven't seen him put the boys on his back and carry them yet, which is something elite guys do occasionally. On the other hand, he hasn't lost a game for us either. He's been good but not great.

I thought the physical Weasel F's really ate up our D down low and this was a game where perhaps having JD in the lineup might have been a difference maker. We lost a lot of pucks behind the net and JD doesn't lose a lot of puck battles back there. Also matching up Malone's line with the top Weasels in the 1st was clearly a bad idea.

Quinton Hughes is a really, really good player. I kept thinking: Somebody just blast that kid off the puck! -- But the reality is that he's so fast, smooth, and slippery that I just don't think guys really can. He'd just side step and go by 'em to the net. If Hughes continues to drive play like that, Michigan is underrated.

In the last five games Frederic (1g, 2a), Malone(0g,2a) and Johnson(1g,0a) have combined for 2 goals, 4 assists. That's a combined 0.4 pts/gm from guys that are playing a ton of offensive minutes. For perspective, that's just a tick over Cavalinni production rate last year. Great to get from Aidan, but these guys should all be 30+ point players. That has to change and I think it will, because I don't think them being that down is sustainable. Frederic has only 5 SOG in those five. Those guys producing and hopefully seeing JD in the lineup is reason to think this team will get better yet.

I'm trying to think of the last "no look" goal Like Weisbach's I saw scored and am having difficulty. Luck, feel... I don't know but it was pretty cool.

I usually think of FO% as a indicator of a given team's urgency and determination to get the puck. I don't know here though -- there's some of that, but they are also just losing a lot of FO's clean. I don't know why.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Frederic kept getting kicked by the linesman.
                      I'd actually be interested in this stat. This wasn't just Friday night. It seems like Frederic has been kicked out of faceoffs on a consistent - and more than noticeable basis - all season long. I don't understand what is going on, but he has been visibly frustrated by it for weeks. I've watched him seek clarification from the linesmen in numerous games, and he still keeps getting booted all the time.

Comment

The Black Friday deal sucks on tickets this year. All they did was ditch the fees, which yes I have *****ed about in the past. The question is do I drop 96 bucks to sit where I want to or 60 bucks with the 4 pack and get nose bleeds with free food. I will probably do a double dose hockey day on the 13th. Such tough decisions. Some pretty goo deals @ uwshop.com. I think I can have Mrs. Timothy A/children spring me a few Christmas gifts off that site, including the away women's jersey, which I have desired for quite some time. Bucky's Lockroom also has good deals as well.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Game day! Smash the rodents and the lakers please.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                            Game day! Smash the rodents and the lakers please.
                            Nothing better than fried rodents. I prefer smoked Lakers. Let's go RED!
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• This team is such a disappointment.

Comment

Up north and couldn't get cell coverage to listen to the game. But losing to these lower level teams will cost NCAA bid this year.....
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X