X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Haha, awesome! There was a team there about 5 years ago that had the Slow Moving Vehicle emblem embroidered on their sweaters.
    It's a really great event. Any person who plays hockey should get a team up there sometime, if they can. The registration usually is filled within minutes, so it's pretty hectic each year when our team registers. I'm just lucky I'm with a group of guys that let me fly up from Georgia and keep playing with them.

Let me know when you go up again and we can try to meet up to say 'hey.'
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

By the way, how good is the Posick-Brophy TV duo? With respect to Adam Burish when he's with Posick on TV, Brophy is special. He's been connected to local sports, especially hockey for over 30 years (is my guess)!
      While I thought Brophy was "okay", he made some comments that sounded like he was grasping for something - anything to say. And at least a couple of times, he repeated the same statement just made by Posick. It was like he wasn't even listening to what Brian said. I prefer Burish as a color man. Adam carries a lot of authority as a former Badger captain and national champion, and he is comfortable with the role and performs it well. YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
        While I thought Brophy was "okay", he made some comments that sounded like he was grasping for something - anything to say. And at least a couple of times, he repeated the same statement just made by Posick. It was like he wasn't even listening to what Brian said. I prefer Burish as a color man. Adam carries a lot of authority as a former Badger captain and national champion, and he is comfortable with the role and performs it well. YMMV
        I agree. I like Burish better. Brian is great, so having a color guy that is constantly talking takes away from him.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          I agree. I like Burish better. Brian is great, so having a color guy that is constantly talking takes away from him.
          I want a color guy who shows/tells me X's and O's, that's the point of the job. Honestly, all Burish talks about is playing hard, playing with heart. I love the guy and what he did for UW, but he isn't in the same league as Ian Perrin and Bill Howard who are the UW gold standard for good commentary.

Think of "Ride of the Valkyries" when you read -------> Kill the rodents, kill the rodents, kill the rodents, kill the rodents!
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I want a color guy who shows/tells me X's and O's, that's the point of the job. Honestly, all Burish talks about is playing hard, playing with heart. I love the guy and what he did for UW, but he isn't in the same league as Ian Perrin and Bill Howard who are the UW gold standard for good commentary.

Think of "Ride of the Valkyries" when you read -------> Kill the rodents, kill the rodents, kill the rodents, kill the rodents!
            Well I agree with most of this. Ian and Bill Howard were fantastic. I take Robby and Burish next, and Brophy third. I thought Burish had some good X's and O's stuff, but I will have to listen closer next time.

Won't be this weekend as I am going to both games.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
              I felt like Brophy came across as "that uncle".

You know, that uncle, from family gatherings who talks a lot without really saying anything. He tends to recycle things that others have said, but with a slightly different wording to make it sound original. And he is always really excitable.

Oh, and I nailed the trivia question from Saturday's (I think it was Saturday).
              For those of you that didn't catch the game; which high school has provided the most players to the combined rosters of UW and UM this past weekend?
              Here's a hint, it will probably be the same school when looking at the rosters for UW and UM this coming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                Well I agree with most of this. Ian and Bill Howard were fantastic. I take Robby and Burish next, and Brophy third. I thought Burish had some good X's and O's stuff, but I will have to listen closer next time.

Won't be this weekend as I am going to both games.
                Brophy was a color guy way back in the day for 1070 with Jack Swanson doing the play by play when 2 Madison radio stations had competing broadcasts, so Brophy is a color guy by trade, but he's been away for too long of time and kinda has lost his touch, though I enjoyed the nostalgia of hearing his voice. I was a 1310 guy, loved Paul Braun and Bill Howard, but sometimes 1070 came in better, so I had to listen to them.

Ringo was above average on the color. His reaction to the game winner against Cornell is priceless. Get better Rob!

Comment

KaMiGo, when it was mentioned it might be a trick question, I did some thinking; I had heard this question somewhere before. I didn't know the name of the school, but I knew the situation.

Regarding Brophy, I agree with everything posted. As one of the "Back in the Day" gang, I was just pointing out it was special to hear him again. I don't think anybody under 40-45 would understand! My listening on the radio days are similar to Tim's. There were quite a few in & out before Braun settled in. I even remember Bob Miller!

That said, Guck the Fophers.
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-05-2018, 03:49 PM.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

KaMiGo, when it was mentioned it might be a trick question, I did some thinking; I had heard this question somewhere before. I didn't know the name of the school, but I knew the situation.
                    I didn't know the exact name either, but as soon as they asked the question I looked over at my wife and said "Whatever school all of the kids at the USNTDP are registered to!"
                    And sure enough, the answer given was Pioneer High School in Ann Arbor.

That answer will be changing soon with the relocation of the program to Plymouth, MI.

Comment

Let's go RED! Gophers SUCK.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        I didn't know the exact name either, but as soon as they asked the question I looked over at my wife and said "Whatever school all of the kids at the USNTDP are registered to!"
                        And sure enough, the answer given was Pioneer High School in Ann Arbor.

That answer will be changing soon with the relocation of the program to Plymouth, MI.
                        Is that how it works in the USHL too. Do they kids that are high school age attach to a high school in their USHL town?

Comment

I just heard that Lucia can only dress 12 goofers for the games. The rest of the team will have to try and dress themselves.
                          Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-06-2018, 08:35 PM.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Minnesota’s power play is brutal. Their colors are ugly too.

Comment

I just heard that Lucia can only dress 12 goofers for the games. The rest of the team will have to try and dress themselves.
                              Now THAT is a quality post.

Comment

Looking ahead to the next couple of weekends, the boys have put themselves into an incredible spot...win and you're in.

Right now they are sitting at 18 in the PWR. Accounting for at least 2 teams getting in that are outside of the top 16, you want to be at 14 or higher to make it with an at-large bid.

Looking at some forecasting (from our friends at College Hockey Ranked) the Badgers have a chance to finish as high as 7 in the PWR if they win out.

The possibilities shake out as:
                                Win 4 - Probably #8 - #10, possibly #7 - #13
                                Win 3 - Probably #11 - #12, possibly #8 - #16
                                Win 2 - Probably #14 - #16, possibly #10 - #21
                                Win 1 or Win 0 and you probably need to win 4 games over 3 weekends to get the B1G auto-bid.

Comment

Working...
                                X