This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

She had the better of play but we're winning. I'll take it but we'll need to be better.

Couple times we passed up shots for A pass into traffic.

At period break as players were leaving ice, Baker chopped a Sue player's stick out of his hands. He got a scolding from ref but luckily no penalty.

Comment

Pretty good start. UW needs more shots. Thought Hayton could have saved the UND goal but certainly not his fault. He’s been great otherwise.

Freytag is one away from a natural hatty. Hope he gets it.

ps - not a new member but my IndianaBadger account is having issues ever since I had 5 failed logins (won’t let me post now).

Comment

Whatever noob.

Comment

Not a great period for the boys, in the sense that we seem a little tight. Nice stick by Wags to break up a 2-1 in the first 20 seconds. That might have put Freddy's line back on their heels a little.

But we're ahead. I've always said that Freytag could score some goals if given the chance. Dhooghe's made an impact. Hayton's been great. Let's settle in and get going Red!
          Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-03-2017, 08:06 PM.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Played better the last ten minutes and seemed to settle in to the pace. Badger depth is showing a bit, can't believe Dhooghe missed that wide open net!
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Whatever noob.
              Ha!

Really wish Dhooghe would have buried that wide open shot.

Something I’ve notice is UND is consistently winning their draws clean. Frederic seems to be the only badger who can consistently win a draw. Maybe stats don’t back that up since the faceoff totals seem closer than I expected (23 UND, 18 UW).

Comment

Second period Bucky looked better in the second but they are making a good deal of bad, no-look, passes. If they clean it up they can get some quality chances.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Just get Freddy the puck one time in the high slot!

Badgers want some respect, have 20 minutes to go get some. Should be an exciting finish. Let's go Red!
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Dammit. A freshman goalie who has never played a complete college game; He really settled in after a shaky start.

It was a fun game to be at and attendance was better. Nothing really to ***** about except not winning. Better outcome tomorrow.

Dammit.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      Dammit. A freshman goalie who has never played a complete college game; He really settled in after a shaky start.

It was a fun game to be at and attendance was better. Nothing really to ***** about except not winning. Better outcome tomorrow.

Dammit.
                      Sounded like the Badgers put a lot of rubber on net in the third.

Comment

Are Davison and Linhart gone yet? I don’t understand how three freshmen look better than them. Davison constantly rims it around the boards right back to the other team cause he’s too slow to make the smart pass. Linhart, oh boy. Where to begin with that soft excuse of a hockey player. I guess the beat goes on with my opinion of him.

Kaly is giving Tischke a run for his money as our best dman. Thought he was our best dman tonight for sure.

Weissbach still looks injured.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Sounded like the Badgers put a lot of rubber on net in the third.
                          Yes...it was exciting for sure! We didn't dominate but I think we had the better play. IDK if NoDak was getting tired or sitting back. It's great having the "Sioux" back in Madison. Without a doubt, more electricity in the air than MI State, MI, OSU, and Ped State.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Yes...it was exciting for sure! We didn't dominate but I think we had the better play. IDK if NoDak was getting tired or sitting back. It's great having the "Sioux" back in Madison. Without a doubt, more electricity in the air than MI State, MI, OSU, and Ped State.
                            Yeah. Badgers were better in the 2nd and 3rd but there is still a lot of sloppy defensive play. Way too many times where players were trying to make blind passes without thinking of who they were sending it to. In time, they can be a very solid squad, but you have to give it up to Thome. He played well after a rough start to the game.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              Yeah. Badgers were better in the 2nd and 3rd but there is still a lot of sloppy defensive play. Way too many times where players were trying to make blind passes without thinking of who they were sending it to. In time, they can be a very solid squad, but you have to give it up to Thome. He played well after a rough start to the game.
                              +1

Comment

Dammit.
                                He looked a little uneasy all night.

Comment

Working...
                                X