Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1001

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

  1. #861
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    165
    USA wins it in shootout! Lamoureux just an absolutely FILTHY shootout goal.

  2. #862
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,118

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalbooya View Post
    USA wins it in shootout! Lamoureux just an absolutely FILTHY shootout goal.
    it was filthy no doubt. USA goalie was outstanding the whole game.

  3. #863
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,877

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalbooya View Post
    USA wins it in shootout! Lamoureux just an absolutely FILTHY shootout goal.
    I sure wish Knight had stuck the dagger into them instead of Lami.

    Sucks ARD and Rigsby ended up as 3rd stringers.

    It's embarrassing to compare the women's shootout attempts to the men's from the knight before. I think every US women's effort was better than any men's effort.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  4. #864
    Gurtholfin
    Guest

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I sure wish Knight had stuck the dagger into them instead of Lami.

    Sucks ARD and Rigsby ended up as 3rd stringers.

    .



    Unfortunate that you feel that way.

    That was Team USA out there.

  5. #865
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    3,677

    That was Team USA out there.
    Yes! Phenomenal effort especially considering the pressure that was on them. One game - if they donít win they have to wait another four years.

  6. #866
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,877

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurtholfin View Post


    Unfortunate that you feel that way.

    That was Team USA out there.
    I know, my USA feelings have become clouded by my allegiance to WI. I'm just as shocked as you are, but it is the way I feel.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  7. #867
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    They kept commenting about Spooner playing for Ohio State which I wasn't keen on as she's not there representing Ohio State, she's playing for a bitter rival now. Canada plays dirty and that's how they always gain an edge, by bad calls & non calls.

  8. #868
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    So, any thoughts on tonight's game here in Columbus?

  9. #869
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,118

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    So, any thoughts on tonight's game here in Columbus?
    sweep by ohio state.

  10. #870
    Gurtholfin
    Guest

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I know, my USA feelings have become clouded by my allegiance to WI. I'm just as shocked as you are, but it is the way I feel.
    IIRC, Phillip was on the WJC team during his one season with our good friends to the west. I rooted for him to do well.

    And that was probably the peak era of my Badger homerism and Gopher hate and I believe that he may be my most all-time hated rodent.


    As for the other day, Knight had a goal and contributed in other areas.

    Decker had a great two way game.

    Badgers contributed a-plenty.


    I was more than thrilled to see Amanda get her shootout goal and having the Lami sisters both score key goals was awesome.

    Part of me is excited to see people that I watched play in person do well on such a big stage, but even that doesn't really matter as long as Team USA does well.


    I'd have been happy had Knight scored, but I'd have been just as happy if Phillipa had jumped out there after gender reassignment surgery and potted the winner over Canada...














    ^ Not my work. Taken from hfboards.

  11. #871
    Gurtholfin
    Guest

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    And don't even tell me you're rooting for the Canadian men coz... Rene.

  12. #872
    Gurtholfin
    Guest

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Oh yeah and the men play this weekend?

    Meh.

  13. #873
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Ohio State women's associate head coach Peter Elander is one of our Team USA coaches and was locally interviewed today. He said the one ref in the gold medal game was a former player of his and I'm dying to ask him what she said about the non-call when our girl was bulldozed over in front of Canada's net when we should have had a 5 minute PP.

  14. #874
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,808

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    I''m a bit depressed re: hockey.

    I have 0 interest in the badgers men's season at this point and am looking forward to next year and the year after.

  15. #875
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    77 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    IIRC, Phillip was on the WJC team during his one season with our good friends to the west. I rooted for him to do well.

    And that was probably the peak era of my Badger homerism and Gopher hate and I believe that he may be my most all-time hated rodent.


    As for the other day, Knight had a goal and contributed in other areas.

    Decker had a great two way game.

    Badgers contributed a-plenty.


    I was more than thrilled to see Amanda get her shootout goal and having the Lami sisters both score key goals was awesome.

    Part of me is excited to see people that I watched play in person do well on such a big stage, but even that doesn't really matter as long as Team USA does well.


    I'd have been happy had Knight scored, but I'd have been just as happy if Phillipa had jumped out there after gender reassignment surgery and potted the winner over Canada...














    ^ Not my work. Taken from hfboards.
    O....M....G. Are you ****ing kidding me? That is wrong on so many levels.

    But I can't stop laughing! That is one excellent Photoshop job......or IS it ?
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-23-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    The Rock -- Kessel 2020.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi
    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  16. #876
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    77 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    I''m a bit depressed re: hockey.

    I have 0 interest in the badgers men's season at this point and am looking forward to next year and the year after.
    I'm not feeling it either. That Minnesota debacle did it for me. I ALWAYS set the DVR for road games if I'm not able to watch, but I haven't even thought about it the past 2 weeks. If I'm around, I'll watch.

    I hope the freshmen and sophomores feel like they're fighting for positions for next year and finish strong. Junior-wise, meh, I think the only ones that may have an impact are Malone & Tischke. Any thoughts on this?
    The Rock -- Kessel 2020.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi
    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  17. #877
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    3,688

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I'm not feeling it either. That Minnesota debacle did it for me. I ALWAYS set the DVR for road games if I'm not able to watch, but I haven't even thought about it the past 2 weeks. If I'm around, I'll watch.

    I hope the freshmen and sophomores feel like they're fighting for positions for next year and finish strong. Junior-wise, meh, I think the only ones that may have an impact are Malone & Tischke. Any thoughts on this?
    My feeling is that Tischke is #1 on the early departure list. IMO Frederic should stay simply because he isn't going to play in the NHL next year, but pretty likely he'll be gone, too. Malone, Johnson, Freytag (and probably even Zirbel) will have to step up and play big roles next year if we're going to have success. A handful of 18 year old draft picks aren't enough to get to the FF if those guys don't make big contributions.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  18. #878
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    3,688

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Your Starting Line up for the last regular season series:

    Hughes Frederic Wagner

    Zimmer Malone Weissbach

    Freytag Baker Johnson

    Ford Ustaski S. Dhooghe

    Tiscke Kalynuk

    Linhart Davison

    Inamoto Greenway


    Hayton


    First time since early in the season that Johnson - Malone aren't together. Johnson has been moved up to the left side on the 1st PP to get his right handed shot in play. Kinda surprised it's game 34 before he got a go there.

    Be a good time to get some hot goal tending going. Also I think we play much better on small ice as our D are on less of an island. So I much prefer going to Michigan over the goofs in the first round next week. Need the points to make that happen. Let's go Red!
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  19. #879
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    3,688

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

    Also, I'd make Malone the Captain next year regardless of who comes back. He's been hurt all year and has shown enormous heart just staying in the lineup, not to mention the big plays he's made in close games. My kind of kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  20. #880
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I'm not feeling it either. That Minnesota debacle did it for me. I ALWAYS set the DVR for road games if I'm not able to watch, but I haven't even thought about it the past 2 weeks. If I'm around, I'll watch.

    I hope the freshmen and sophomores feel like they're fighting for positions for next year and finish strong. Junior-wise, meh, I think the only ones that may have an impact are Malone & Tischke. Any thoughts on this?
    Same here, the Minnesota meltdown killed it for me.

    Funny you should ask about tischke, Malone and next year's seniors...I was just 👀 me at the recruiting spreadsheet...imo, we could see 3 Sophs and 3 frosh starting on D each night and bye bye #6 and bunz etc all.

    On O I keep hoping for Malone and Johnson to take bigger steps than we've seen.

    At this point maybe they've plateaued???

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •