X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    May I join you guys for a couple thinners and remembering the old classics?😀
    Sure. Why not? Just don't bring that Brandy Old Fashioned crap over here.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      https://youtu.be/CtGxusvUT3k

By the way, if you haven't seen Animal House (c'mon digital, really?), Slapshot, Caddy Shack, Blazing Saddles, or The Blues Brothers, you're a loser. ��

Now, if you guys ever want to wine and dine me, you know what kind of movie to take me to.

The season must be over.
      I'm just like my hockey team: a loser.

Soon I will be: a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
        I'm just like my hockey team: a loser.

Soon I will be: a winner.
        You're turning into a MN fan?

(had to say it)
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          You're turning into a MN fan?

(had to say it)
          Sorta correct. I'm a wild fan. Screw the gophers!

Comment

What an utterly deflating finish to the season. I'm not ready to jump ship yet, but it's hard to be optimistic when they keep making the same mistakes all year. Pass the brandy.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Yes.
              Next year make the ncaa's and win a game, that should be the goal. Anything less and I think there should be big time questions as to what this staff is doing and if they're right.
              I can’t imagine that next seasons team can be as emotionally fragile as this season. Just changing up the mix of players will have to help that situation.

If things are not significantly better next season, I think that a change will have to be considered by the powers that be.

Comment

Rob Andringa did the color commentary on the WIAA girl's game, watching on DVR, that is a great sign for him! God Bless Rob, his family and medical team.
                Last edited by Timothy A; 03-05-2018, 12:29 PM.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

8-17-4 to end season after starting 6-2.

Wow just wow. Hard to believe they could be this bad.

Lost 7 of last 8 games, losing by a combined score of 21 to 41. Allowing 5.125 goals per game over that stretch while scoring just 2.625 is just plain terrible.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

The coaching staff has a lot of soul searching to do in the coming months, they have the first line of responsibility for how the season played out. It's really shocking that 2 coaches like TG and MO with all that experience had the team just tank like that. They must have pressed every wrong button they could have on the control board, whereas last year they did just about everything right.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      8-17-4 to end season after starting 6-2.

Wow just wow. Hard to believe they could be this bad.

Lost 7 of last 8 games, losing by a combined score of 21 to 41. Allowing 5.125 goals per game over that stretch while scoring just 2.625 is just plain terrible.
                      Yes, utterly depressing.

The worst part for me in goal there was 0 improvement all season. Goaltending coach should go imo.

And on D, 6, 10 and 26 may as well have had no coaching for the lack of improvement over the season.

I would have never expected that from coach Osiecki's players.

But here we are.

TimothyA is right, this coaching staff has some soul searching to do.

It's not their fault entirely but a fifth consecutive year out of the playoffs and I'll be in a mood to dump season tickets.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Jeff Sanger is goalie coach. Yeah, there has to be changes, IMO.

I just can't get past Mark Strobel being a great badger, but he was not a good hire by HC Granato. They needed an offensive mind and not another defenseman.

But in the end, turnovers, defensive breakdowns and lack of scoring all were a problem.
                        Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-05-2018, 07:35 AM.
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

My wife and I were talking in the car on Saturday night and were wondering what the issues might have been throughout the year. We came up with adding Hayton to the squad as late as the did as well as the distractions of Tony being involved with the Olympic team.

Nothing seemed to ever gel with the team throughout the entire season.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            Jeff Sanger is goalie coach. Yeah, there has to be changes, IMO.
                            This is legit. UW has never had such a goaltending trainwreck since I have been following since the late 80's. It used to be Goalie U. I'm sure Jeff's a great guy, and he has been there 9 years, but one could argue Berry digressed and they never could help Hayton get on track and the post Rumpel era has been bad in general. I don't think it's an over-reaction to take a serious look at that spot on the staff when looking at the last 3 years.

I am not convinced on MS's effectiveness, but I can't see letting him go after just 1 year. I'm more disappointed in TG and Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              My wife and I were talking in the car on Saturday night and were wondering what the issues might have been throughout the year. We came up with adding Hayton to the squad as late as the did as well as the distractions of Tony being involved with the Olympic team.

Nothing seemed to ever gel with the team throughout the entire season.
                              I agree. And they kept on making the same mistakes over and over all year. Did they not teach these players anything or did they just not listen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Ron Andringa did the color commentary on the WIAA girl's game, watching on DVR, that is a great sign for him! God Bless Rob, his family and medical team.
                                "Like" button.

On an unrelated subject, I'm suddenly having issues with USCHO on my computer ONLY. No problems on my phone or tablet. On my PC, the site wants to stay on MOBILE. When I click on "Default style", the site goes to the Fan Forum Home page in the default mode, but then I click on Men's D-1 and it reverts to Mobile. I've logged off and logged back in thinking it might reset, but it won't. I can usually figure these things out, but not this time! Any ideas?
                                Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-05-2018, 10:11 AM.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X