X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Point is at least a decent sized small city.
    Plus SPASH used to be the largest high school in the state by enrollment. Not sure it still is, but it's still very large by Wisconsin high school standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      It might be a factor of needing a new voice.

Q's message might just be tuned out by now.

I'm good either way. The Hawks are at a crossroads.

And yeah... they keep bringing in the retreads (Sharpe, Campbell, Oduya, Ladd...) and they haven't worked out.

I sure as hell wouldn't have let Panarin go either. You don't move scoring talent like that for an overpriced "power" forward.
      I think the issue with Panarin was him potentially getting a big pay day with his next contract and the blackhawks having no cap space to work with. So they traded for a guy whose contract was set for a few years and had familiarity with the team.

The cap situation obviously was fine while they were winning but between the Seabrook contract and Toews new one there’s no immediate fix with that roster and only so much Q can do imo. Anyhow this is the badger thread not NHL so I’ll stop

Comment

It's going to suck to avoid all internet things so I don't get the USA score so I can watch on the DVR tonight. I really don't think USA is going to do much of anything in this tourney with the roster they have. If TG gets them to the semi's he's a genius and JJ was a double genius.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
          So it turns out the guy on the Jumbotron with the really long hair is actually someone I went to high school with and played hockey with! Dude looks way different now with the long hair and the beard I almost didn't recognize him.
          \m/

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            \m/
            He was on both Friday and Saturday. Friday he was the rocker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

It's hard to believe this will be the 4th consecutive year without an NCAA appearance.

I know the Calvary is coming in the next two years but having hockey end with the b10 playoff sucks.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                It's hard to believe this will be the 4th consecutive year without an NCAA appearance.

I know the Calvary is coming in the next two years but having hockey end with the b10 playoff sucks.
                I know! I haven't lost my enjoyment of college hockey, but bowing out so early recently has ended the season for me at that time. I know Denver and NoDak won the last 2, but I don't remember watching the games because I don't give a ****!
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                  So it turns out the guy on the Jumbotron with the really long hair is actually someone I went to high school with and played hockey with! Dude looks way different now with the long hair and the beard I almost didn't recognize him.
                  He brought a smile to face even at a ****ty game. I cracked up when he shook his head to throw his hair back then ran his fingers thru' his hair. He was David Lee Roth-ish with a beard.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    I know! I haven't lost my enjoyment of college hockey, but bowing out so early recently has ended the season for me at that time. I know Denver and NoDak won the last 2, but I don't remember watching the games because I don't give a ****!
                    Friday nights game was plenty entertaining. A group of us were sitting in a bar in Three Lakes watching it and enjoying the hockey. Saturday night... we gave up after the first period and decided to watch the Olympics.

This team will probably tease us with another Big Ten tourney run, just when we give up hope, don't you think?
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      Friday nights game was plenty entertaining. A group of us were sitting in a bar in Three Lakes watching it and enjoying the hockey. Saturday night... we gave up after the first period and decided to watch the Olympics.

This team will probably tease us with another Big Ten tourney run, just when we give up hope, don't you think?
                      I can see them winning 2 of 3 in the first series, they have 1 game to puke up on, once they hit the finals, I can't see them winning 2 games in a row, though ND is mortal now. The D is just too sucky to string a bunch of wins together.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        I don't remember watching those games either...****

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

I don't remember watching those games either...****
                          I watch a little of the ncaa games in the backround, but I don't intently sit and watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I watch a little of the ncaa games in the backround, but I don't intently sit and watch.
                            Same here. They're on as background noise mostly. It will be nice to have a reason to be glued to the ncaa's again hopefully next year.

Comment

What a terrible idea it was to not use NCAA players on the Olympic team. Jesus....Granato and Chelios had literally nothing to work with.

Comment

What a terrible idea it was to not use NCAA players on the Olympic team. Jesus....Granato and Chelios had literally nothing to work with.
                                You mean more NCAA players, right? I haven't looked at the roster or watched any games but I know that Wild prospect Jordan Greenway (BU) is on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X