• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    Shootouts are stupid.
    Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Would have been nice if anyone could lift their backhand.

4 on 3 on the OT and no one shoots the puck. At some point on the of the 4 on the ice has to think, "screw this play, we need to make something happen" and then make it happen.

The shooters did not use their best asset, speed, in the shootout. They gave the sieve all the time in the world to react. Turn the dude into a pretzel and shoot.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

4 on 3 on the OT and no one shoots the puck. At some point on the of the 4 on the ice has to think, "screw this play, we need to make something happen" and then make it happen.

The shooters did not use their best asset, speed, in the shootout. They gave the sieve all the time in the world to react. Turn the dude into a pretzel and shoot.
      It looked like a college hockey shoot out which isn't good....
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• As Czar of Olympic Hockey, I immediately implement a WORLD WIDE law that ALL Olympic hockey teams are 25 and under no matter where they play. NHL, KHL, NCAA, CHL, USHL, SHL, SM-liiga, where ever. I don't give a **** how young they are.

They are able to temporarily leave their teams with NO repercussions from ANY organization.

"So let it be written, so let it be done."
        Rabbi Rich
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-21-2018, 10:00 PM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          As Czar of Olympic Hockey, I immediately implement a WORLD WIDE law that ALL Olympic hockey teams are 25 and under no matter where they play. NHL, KHL, NCAA, CHL, USHL, SHL, SM-liiga, where ever. I don't give a **** how young they are.

They are able to temporarily leave their teams with NO repercussions from ANY organization.

"So let it be written, so let it be done."
          Rabbi Rich
          https://media.giphy.com/media/gOkawaguYNiSI/giphy.gif
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• I’m pretty cheesed that Decker gets nailed right in head and it’s not a 5 minute major, nor a dang penalty in general. Incompetence from the refs.

M. Lamoreux ties it!

Comment

• USA wins it in shootout! Lamoureux just an absolutely FILTHY shootout goal.

Comment

USA wins it in shootout! Lamoureux just an absolutely FILTHY shootout goal.
                it was filthy no doubt. USA goalie was outstanding the whole game.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

USA wins it in shootout! Lamoureux just an absolutely FILTHY shootout goal.
                  I sure wish Knight had stuck the dagger into them instead of Lami.

Sucks ARD and Rigsby ended up as 3rd stringers.

It's embarrassing to compare the women's shootout attempts to the men's from the knight before. I think every US women's effort was better than any men's effort.

Comment

I sure wish Knight had stuck the dagger into them instead of Lami.

Sucks ARD and Rigsby ended up as 3rd stringers.

Unfortunate that you feel that way.

That was Team USA out there.

Comment

• That was Team USA out there.
                      Yes! Phenomenal effort especially considering the pressure that was on them. One game - if they don’t win they have to wait another four years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Unfortunate that you feel that way.

That was Team USA out there.
                        I know, my USA feelings have become clouded by my allegiance to WI. I'm just as shocked as you are, but it is the way I feel.

Comment

They kept commenting about Spooner playing for Ohio State which I wasn't keen on as she's not there representing Ohio State, she's playing for a bitter rival now. Canada plays dirty and that's how they always gain an edge, by bad calls & non calls.

Comment

So, any thoughts on tonight's game here in Columbus?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              So, any thoughts on tonight's game here in Columbus?
                              sweep by ohio state.

Comment

I know, my USA feelings have become clouded by my allegiance to WI. I'm just as shocked as you are, but it is the way I feel.
                                IIRC, Phillip was on the WJC team during his one season with our good friends to the west. I rooted for him to do well.

And that was probably the peak era of my Badger homerism and Gopher hate and I believe that he may be my most all-time hated rodent.

As for the other day, Knight had a goal and contributed in other areas.

Decker had a great two way game.

Badgers contributed a-plenty.

I was more than thrilled to see Amanda get her shootout goal and having the Lami sisters both score key goals was awesome.

Part of me is excited to see people that I watched play in person do well on such a big stage, but even that doesn't really matter as long as Team USA does well.

I'd have been happy had Knight scored, but I'd have been just as happy if Phillipa had jumped out there after gender reassignment surgery and potted the winner over Canada...

^ Not my work. Taken from hfboards.

Comment

Working...
                                X