X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Goal 1 tip, what can he do there
    Goal 2 tip from the wing to center in tight, probably wants that one back, but awful D coverage
    Goal 3 No chance, awful D coverage
    Goal 4 a blast, stoppable? was he screened?
    Goal 5 No chance, awful D coverage
    Goal 1 he was off his angle. Goal 4 he wasn't screened. Even if you assume he has literally a 0% chance on goals 2,3, and 5 that was a really poor outing and not NHL caliber play.

The other thing I'll say is that even on passes across the royal road which is what happened on the 3 difficult to stop goals, those don't go in 100% of the time in the NHL, goalies can and do make big saves on them.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      I don't think this team looks like a an Eaves team at all.
      I was thinking from a defensive standpoint, I should have made that clear. I'd gladly give up some of the shots on goal for clean defensive play in the D zone.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        So far, he's just another guy standing between the pipes.
        I agree with that. I wonder if all the early season hoopla about him coming here has him out of sorts a bit and perhaps he's try too hard. Anytime you try and do too much you end up not doing much right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I agree with that. I wonder if all the early season hoopla about him coming here has him out of sorts a bit and perhaps he's try too hard. Anytime you try and do too much you end up not doing much right.
          We all know about hindsight and I was critical at times towards Jurusick, but I wonder if Hayton (at this point) is any better than what Matt might have been this year? Always fun to speculate.

Whoever it is, defense must be much better. We need some momentum heading for the sweep of Notre Dame.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Someone needs to tell this moron announcer it's Peter Tischke, not Tyler Tischke.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
              Someone needs to tell this moron announcer it's Peter Tischke, not Tyler Tischke.
              He can't even get our own player's names right, so good luck with that.

He called Mittelstadt "Casey Middelsdorf" earlier this season.

Doug called Gopher games and North Stars games between the late 70's thru the 1990's. I have fond memories of his calls then. He is clearly near the end of his career now.
              Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 12-02-2017, 08:10 PM.
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Solid win.

Comment

There's a goaltender that stole a game for us. What a great performance by Jack Berry.

Gophers had the best of play but that was a really good road win. What a great game!
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    There's a goaltender that stole a game for us. What a great performance by Jack Berry.

Gophers had the best of play but that was a really good road win. What a great game!
                    Berry was amazing. Absolutely deserves the next start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

Absolutely. I think Berry is the better goaltender...It will be very interesting to see how the staff handles this going forward.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Berry has earned the net moving forward.

Should be his to lose at this point.

Funny, but the deserving team lost both nights.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                          Berry was amazing. Absolutely deserves the next start.
                          We've been waiting for Hayton to bail us out and steal a game or 2; it hasn't happened. Berry stole one last night and really does deserve to be #1. He's not a rental, either!

Re: Doug the pbp guy, speaking with some of their fans, he was good back in the day (ala Paul Braun).I have no problem with Clymer. Obviously even on Fox WI, we get the Fox North broadcast, but IMO when your broadcast includes other markets, you've got to back off a bit. I'll compare this to the times when Posick does BTN, etc., he tends to hesitate waving the Badger flag and that's fine.

I'll take a split anytime at the Mooch.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I feel bad for Hayton. He unbelievably busted his academic balls to get here and do something special and now it hasn't come together for him as we have all hoped. Berry had a great game, but can he keep it up? He had highs and lows last year and if they believed in him they would not have got Hayton. I still believe Hayton is the guy, but the D coverage needs to be better or it won't matter whose in goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I feel bad for Hayton. He unbelievably busted his academic balls to get here and do something special and now it hasn't come together for him as we have all hoped. Berry had a great game, but can he keep it up? He had highs and lows last year and if they believed in him they would not have got Hayton. I still believe Hayton is the guy, but the D coverage needs to be better or it won't matter whose in goal.
                              Before you get to feeling too bad for him, consider he could be playing for St. Lawrence this season.

Maybe the grind is just getting to him as it's been a long hard push with no break in the last year. I'd like to see Jack get the nod Friday, and if all goes well, Saturday. Maybe shut Kyle down and let him rest mentally, get refreshed, and come back after the break ready to go. There's no doubt we're going to need him if we're going to get on a run to make the tournament. There are no easy B1G games and it's going to be a dogfight every week to the end.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I watched Friday's game close, but didn't on Saturday with football (football on TV and hockey on the tablet) I was less involved. But the obvious thing was Berry played great especially the last minute of the game.

I hope they can use the win to propel them to better play this weekend versus the golden domers.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X