• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
    The KRACH doesnt mean anything either.
    It's pronounced "Crack"
    https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ronounce-krach
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: D3 Polls - 2017-18

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I've had the opportunity to ask a few college coaches about the polls, and every one of them told me that they left "their" votes to be cast by an assistant of some sort. (Once, an equipment guy was cited in this regard, no bull.) The coaches knew there was no reason to waste even 10 minutes on it.

These days the polls mean absolutely nothing, yet I do agree that they provide some entertainment... That said, I can't wait for the D-3 KRACH to come out.
      Polls (outside of college football) have never meant anything, so what's your point?

BTW, I see they fixed the "situation."
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Indeed. Trinity's total went up 13 points.

Comment

Do you have to get him going already in December... (tic)
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Polls (outside of college football) have never meant anything, so what's your point?

OK, and to your putative point, what's the reason to publish these polls in any case..? There's no "there" there.

A half-way decent statistical analysis -even the RPI- carries far more logical credence than a throw-away beauty contest, don't ya think?

But, if they "fixed " it, I'd honestly like to hear your take on that. There always seems to be a man be hind the curtain to ignore in D-3. If they agreed on any sort of objective measure, there goes the controversy.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-06-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Certainly more than the polls...

Kindly direct me to a better objective metric, and I'll be all-in on that.

We're dealing with enough smoke and mirrors in Washington, rigged systems, bald-faced lies, and just simple BS; let's make D-3 hockey a bastion of factual information, FCS, and lead our nation ahead towards the millennium!

Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-06-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

We're dealing with enough smoke and mirrors in Washington, rigged systems, bald-faced lies, and just simple BS; let's make D-3 hockey a bastion of factual information, FCS, and lead our nation ahead towards the millennium!

This site is popular in youth hockey. USA hockey uses it to seed Youth Nationals and many tournaments use it for seeding and placement to get even matchups. They explain the methodology in the FAQs. Simple math. No bias, no opinions.
                http://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?y=2017&a=6&v=902
                Basically uses strength of schedule and goal differential.
                The rating number is used to predict expected goal differential. A 96 rating should beat a 95 rating by one goal on average. Anything can happen in one game but if a large number of games were played on average that is the expected mathmatical result. As more cross over games (out of conference) are played the rankings become more accurate.

Comment

Thumbs up on that

Comment

OK, and to your putative point, what's the reason to publish these polls in any case..? There's no "there" there.

A half-way decent statistical analysis -even the RPI- carries far more logical credence than a throw-away beauty contest, don't ya think?

But, if they "fixed " it, I'd honestly like to hear your take on that. There always seems to be a man be hind the curtain to ignore in D-3. If they agreed on any sort of objective measure, there goes the controversy.
                    I only like the polls when Utica isnt involved.

Comment

Entertainment. Simple as that.

And it also gets these organizations which run the polls free advertising, as they are mentioned numerous times by other outlets.

Seriously? Are you that dense? Someone realized that 13 votes for Trine were really meant for Trinity (and they may have asked the voter to verify that). So, the 13 votes were switched to Trinity. That's all. Sheesh...
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Entertainment. Simple as that.

And it also gets these organizations which run the polls free advertising, as they are mentioned numerous times by other outlets.

Seriously? Are you that dense? Someone realized that 13 votes for Trine were really meant for Trinity (and they may have asked the voter to verify that). So, the 13 votes were switched to Trinity. That's all. Sheesh...
                        Now why in the world do you think that your reference was obvious? I never mentioned any such thing.

Talk about "dense".

Comment

Now why in the world do you think that your reference was obvious? I never mentioned any such thing.

Talk about "dense".
                          I have a head cold right now. So, I definitely feel dense...

You were implying some man behind the curtain when it was a simple logical look at what happened to the voting between Trine and Trinity.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

This site is strictly math based. Very popular in youth hockey. USA Hockey and most other organizations use it to seed their tournaments. Basically strength of schedule and goal differential determine the rankings.
                            1 ranking point difference equals one goal difference in a head to head matchup. Obviously anything can happen in a single game but this provides an expected average outcome in a series of games.
                            http://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?y=2017&a=6&v=902

Comment

New #1 in the USCHO poll. Interesting how they have a worse record than the #2 team, and are also 0-1 head to head against #2 (and 0-2 head to head against #3 for that matter).

But Adam Krug is #1 so it all makes sense.
                              5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                              2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                                New #1 in the USCHO poll. Interesting how they have a worse record than the #2 team, and are also 0-1 head to head against #2 (and 0-2 head to head against #3 for that matter).

But Adam Krug is #1 so it all makes sense.
                                Herb Brooks said it best.
                                Im sick and tired of hearing about how good St. Norbert is. Their time is done.

The USCHO doesnt know their head from their *** though when it comes to d3, so don't put too much stock into their poll.
                                Last edited by Adam_Krug#1; 01-22-2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X