Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D3 Polls - 2017-18

Black Bear since D-2

Re: D3 Polls - 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
    The KRACH doesnt mean anything either.
    Certainly more than the polls...

Kindly direct me to a better objective metric, and I'll be all-in on that.

We're dealing with enough smoke and mirrors in Washington, rigged systems, bald-faced lies, and just simple BS; let's make D-3 hockey a bastion of factual information, FCS, and lead our nation ahead towards the millennium!

Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-06-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Thumbs up on that

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    OK, and to your putative point, what's the reason to publish these polls in any case..? There's no "there" there.

A half-way decent statistical analysis -even the RPI- carries far more logical credence than a throw-away beauty contest, don't ya think?

But, if they "fixed " it, I'd honestly like to hear your take on that. There always seems to be a man be hind the curtain to ignore in D-3. If they agreed on any sort of objective measure, there goes the controversy.
    I only like the polls when Utica isnt involved.

OK, and to your putative point, what's the reason to publish these polls in any case..? There's no "there" there.
    Entertainment. Simple as that.

And it also gets these organizations which run the polls free advertising, as they are mentioned numerous times by other outlets.

But, if they "fixed " it, I'd honestly like to hear your take on that. There always seems to be a man be hind the curtain to ignore in D-3. If they agreed on any sort of objective measure, there goes the controversy.
    Seriously? Are you that dense? Someone realized that 13 votes for Trine were really meant for Trinity (and they may have asked the voter to verify that). So, the 13 votes were switched to Trinity. That's all. Sheesh...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Entertainment. Simple as that.

And it also gets these organizations which run the polls free advertising, as they are mentioned numerous times by other outlets.

Seriously? Are you that dense? Someone realized that 13 votes for Trine were really meant for Trinity (and they may have asked the voter to verify that). So, the 13 votes were switched to Trinity. That's all. Sheesh...
    Now why in the world do you think that your reference was obvious? I never mentioned any such thing.

Talk about "dense".

Now why in the world do you think that your reference was obvious? I never mentioned any such thing.

Talk about "dense".
    I have a head cold right now. So, I definitely feel dense...

You were implying some man behind the curtain when it was a simple logical look at what happened to the voting between Trine and Trinity.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Thread Information