Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: UML Recruiting, Building for 2018 and on

Re: UML Recruiting, Building for 2018 and on

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    I agree very confusing.
    Heisenberg's site also shows him coming this fall. I'd assume Cleary is probably leaving since I don't see us with four netminders, which would leave Hernberg as a senior and Wall as a junior.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Heisenberg's site also shows him coming this fall. I'd assume Cleary is probably leaving since I don't see us with four netminders, which would leave Hernberg as a senior and Wall as a junior.

It seems odd that Green would want to come in a get little or no playing time behind Hernberg and Wall next season. Interesting.
    Last edited by boblav1; 03-07-2018 at 04:07 PM.

I'm assuming this should be the last 2018/2019 roster look. This looks like a huge roster, which again to me means that some of the veterans won't be returning.

The '19/20 roster includes the assumptions made in the Sun article stating Kerner/Sterrett are 2020. I'm going to go all the way to through the 2020 class on this page just because I try and keep a look out two years ahead. For the 2020/2021 roster, the only recruit that I'm not including in my list is Meehan since he's supposed to coming in '21.

18/19 roster

Defense (11):
    Senior: Avni Berisha, Niklas Folin
    Juniors: Mattias Goransson
    Sophomore: Anthony Baxter, Croix Evingson, Jonathan Waring
    Freshmen: Chase Blackmun, Cale List, Jonathan McDonald, Dominic Procopio, Nolan Sawchuk

Forwards (18):
    Senior: Keith Burchett*, Ryan Dmowski, Nick Master, Conner Wilson
    Juniors: Kenny Hausinger, Ryan Lohin, Nick Marin, Colin O'Neil, James Winkler
    Sophomore: Charlie Levesque, Cole Paskus, Chris Schutz*, Connor Sodergren
    Freshmen: Lucas Condotta, Michael Dill, Samuel Knoblauch, Austin O’Rourke, Reid Stefanson

Goalies (4):
    Seniors: Sean Cleary, Chris Hernberg
    Junior: Tyler Wall
    Sophomore:
    Freshmen: Eric Green

* == Redshirt

This leaves us at 33 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2018/2019 being:
    Seniors: 8
    Juniors: 7
    Sophomores: 7
    Freshmen: 11

19/20 roster

Defense (12):
    Senior: Mattias Goransson
    Juniors: Anthony Baxter, Croix Evingson, Jonathan Waring
    Sophomore: Chase Blackmun, Cale List, Jonathan McDonald, Dominic Procopio, Nolan Sawchuk
    Freshmen: Seth Barton, Jordan Schulting, Trevor Zins

Forwards (16):
    Senior: Kenny Hausinger, Ryan Lohin, Nick Marin, Colin O'Neil, James Winkler
    Juniors: Charlie Levesque, Cole Paskus, Chris Schutz*, Connor Sodergren
    Sophomore: Lucas Condotta, Michael Dill, Samuel Knoblauch, Austin O’Rourke, Reid Stefanson
    Freshmen: Matthew Brown, Brian Chambers

Goalies (2):
    Seniors: Tyler Wall
    Junior:
    Sophomore: Eric Green
    Freshmen:

* == Redshirt

This leaves us at 30 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2019/2020 being:
    Seniors: 7
    Juniors: 7
    Sophomores: 11
    Freshmen: 5

20/21 roster

Defense (11):
    Senior: Anthony Baxter, Croix Evingson, Jonathan Waring
    Juniors: Chase Blackmun, Cale List, Jonathan McDonald, Dominic Procopio, Nolan Sawchuk
    Sophomore: Seth Barton, Jordan Schulting, Trevor Zins
    Freshmen:

Forwards (13):
    Senior: Charlie Levesque, Cole Paskus, Chris Schutz*, Connor Sodergren
    Juniors: Lucas Condotta, Michael Dill, Samuel Knoblauch, Austin O’Rourke, Reid Stefanson
    Sophomore: Matthew Brown, Brian Chambers
    Freshmen: Clark Kerner, Jackson Sterrett

Goalies (2):
    Seniors:
    Junior: Eric Green
    Sophomore:
    Freshmen: Aidan Harper

* == Redshirt

This leaves us at 26 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2020/2021 being:
    Seniors: 7
    Juniors: 11
    Sophomores: 5
    Freshmen: 3
    Last edited by UMLFan; 03-07-2018 at 10:13 PM.
    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

@_Neutral_Zone
    4⭐️ prospect is a composed, athletic & technically sound G who sees through traffic, controls rebounds and moves well. The 65 goalie earned @NZPrepHockey GOTY honors after posting .941 SV% w/ NMH. Our No. NE Prep goalie.
    Monty

Great job on the roster breakdown Monty!

One correction, Dominic Procopio is a defenseman which will make 11 for next season. Something has to give.

Great job on the roster breakdown Monty!

One correction, Dominic Procopio is a defenseman which will make 11 for next season. Something has to give.
    Thanks for catching that. I've amended it. Which actually puts us at 12 defensemen for '19 which is even more crazy.
    Monty

Thanks for catching that. I've amended it. Which actually puts us at 12 defensemen for '19 which is even more crazy.
    Tells me our defense is weak

@_Neutral_Zone
    4⭐️ prospect is a composed, athletic & technically sound G who sees through traffic, controls rebounds and moves well. The 65 goalie earned @NZPrepHockey GOTY honors after posting .941 SV% w/ NMH. Our No. NE Prep goalie.
    A stud let's hope

Might the signing of Eric Green, if correct that he will be on theUML roster next season, signify that Tyler Wall may be taking the last two years of his eligibility elsewhere? We have seen that before with Jeff Smith two seasons ago. And since Wall never regained the staring mantle from Hernberg he may be looking for alternative situations to burnish his standing as a drafted goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefof78 View Post
    Might the signing of Eric Green, if correct that he will be on theUML roster next season, signify that Tyler Wall may be taking the last two years of his eligibility elsewhere? We have seen that before with Jeff Smith two seasons ago. And since Wall never regained the staring mantle from Hernberg he may be looking for alternative situations to burnish his standing as a drafted goalie.
    I was thinking the same thing. Wall is still junior eligible and could play in the USHL or a Junior A league next season while fulfilling his red shirt transfer season.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Wall is still junior eligible and could play in the USHL or a Junior A league next season while fulfilling his red shirt transfer season.
    I sincerely hope not. He can get his game back together.

BTW, he has to be enrolled in his sit out year, IIRC unless the 4-2-4 rule is still in place in which case he has to graduate community college

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Right, just come back next season and win the job back.

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post

BTW, he has to be enrolled in his sit out year, IIRC unless the 4-2-4 rule is still in place in which case he has to graduate community college
    I'm not sure what the rule is, but Jeff Smith played a season with his former junior team in 15-16 after leaving Lowell, and then played in games at SCSU in 16-17. I think many other players have done something similar.

Updated stats as of 3/12/18.
    Code:

Year   Name               Pos. Team (League)                 Gm-  G-  A-  P       Gm-  G-  A-  P  (Playoffs)
    2018 - Michael Dill        F   Weeks (MarJHL)                48- 24- 38- 62        -   -   -   -  Season over
    2018 - Reid Stefanson      F   Sioux Falls (USHL)            44- 12- 22- 34    
    2018 - Lucas Condotta      F   Markham (OJHL)                54- 35- 47- 82        6-  0-  3-  3  Season over  
    2018 - Samuel Knoblauch    F   Carleton Place (CCHL)         62- 31- 56- 87
    2018 - Austin O'Rourke     F   Amarillo (NAHL)               49- 15- 14- 29 
    2018 - Cale List           D   Brooks (AJHL)                 50-  7- 26- 33        3-  2-  2-  4
    2018 - Nolan Sawchuk       D   Minot (NAHL)                  51-  1- 27- 28
    2018 - Dominick Procopio   D   Shreveport (NAHL)             47-  5- 31- 36
    2018 - Chase Blackmun      D   Cedar Rapids (USHL)           43-  4- 13- 17
    2018 - Jonathan McDonald   D   Fargo (USHL)                  37-  1-  4-  5
    2018 - Eric Green          G   NMH (Prep)                    34-  1.92  .943       -   -   -   -  Season over

2019 - Brian Chambers      F   Northeast (NAHL)              38-  4- 12- 16
    2019 - Matt Brown          F   Odessa (NAHL)                 38- 11- 20- 31
    2019 - Jordan Schulting    D   Coquitlam (BCHL)              47-  7- 17- 24        4-  0-  0-  0  Season over 
    2019 - Trevor Zins         D   Trail (BCHL)                  41-  3-  7- 10        1-  0-  1-  1  
    2019 - Seth Barton         D   Trail (BCHL)                  49-  6- 27- 33        4-  0-  5-  5    

2020 - Jackson Sterrett    F   Skipjacks U18                 11-  9-  7- 16        -   -   -   -  Season over
    2020 - Clark Kerner        F   Skipjacks U18                  8-  2-  5-  7        -   -   -   -  Season over
    2020 - Aidan Harper        G   Skipjacks U16                 23-  2.05  .915       -   -   -   -  Season over

2021 - Ben Meehan          D   Dexter Academy                27-  0-  9-  9        -   -   -   -  Season over
    Lucas Condotta's season is over as Markham was eliminated from the OJHL playoffs.
    Michael Dill's season is over as Weeks did not qualify for the MarJHL playoffs. Dill finished 7th in the league in scoring.
    Jordan Schulting's season is over as Coquitlam was eliminated from the BCHL playoffs.
    Last edited by boblav1; 03-12-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Not saying we will, or even should, go poaching, but it'll be interesting to see what happens with MC's commits with Dennehy's firing. There is a Lowell legacy committed there, but with the amount of kinds coming in, I'd doubt we'll take another one.
    Monty

Not saying we will, or even should, go poaching, but it'll be interesting to see what happens with MC's commits with Dennehy's firing. There is a Lowell legacy committed there, but with the amount of kinds coming in, I'd doubt we'll take another one.

I think all MC recruits should take a hard look at reconsidering. Matt Holmes committed last week and now the coach he committed to is fired.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Merrimack just got a prep commitment the other day and now the head coach is gone.

Lowell Recruit Clark Kerner made his USHL debut Friday night with Sioux City. Clark was a -2 in the 7-2 loss to Sioux Falls. I wonder if he'll remain with the team for their final 7 games of the regular season?

https://www.ushl.com/view#/game-summary/7887

Merrimack just got a prep commitment the other day and now the head coach is gone.

Lowell Recruit Clark Kerner made his USHL debut Friday night with Sioux City. Clark was a -2 in the 7-2 loss to Sioux Falls. I wonder if he'll remain with the team for their final 7 games of the regular season?

https://www.ushl.com/view#/game-summary/7887
    Nice catch. He didn't play many U18 games this season, I'm guessing he was injured?

In regards to Merrimack, it will be interesting to see if Cam Ellsworth gets considered for that job. As far as I know Cam does most of the recruiting for Lowell and he does a great job finding and developing the goaltenders. You gotta figure he will move on eventually and when if and when he does, that will be a big position for Norm to address.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    Nice catch. He didn't play many U18 games this season, I'm guessing he was injured?
    That's my guess. I believe Jackson Sterrett also missed some time.

Looking at the current roster and commitments it looks like the big need going forward is goaltending for 2019 and forwards for 2020.
    Think we're ok

Thread Information