• Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, Building for 2018 and on

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...74/blake-wells

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...74/blake-wells
      No evaluation available from Neutral Zone, so can't add much.

He was invited to the Team Canada West Camp (one of 60 players) in advance of the 2017 World Junior A. About a year ago, his Head Coach and GM Tyler Deis said about Blake “The sky is the limit for Blake. To see a guy with his size that can skate like that is really special to see. He’s going to be a great player for us.”
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        No evaluation available from Neutral Zone, so can't add much.

He was invited to the Team Canada West Camp (one of 60 players) in advance of the 2017 World Junior A. About a year ago, his Head Coach and GM Tyler Deis said about Blake “The sky is the limit for Blake. To see a guy with his size that can skate like that is really special to see. He’s going to be a great player for us.”
        I think you’ll see more recruits out of AJHL as Juliano Pagliero played there and has had success with that league in past stops at HC and Colgate.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          I think you’ll see more recruits out of AJHL as Juliano Pagliero played there and has had success with that league in past stops at HC and Colgate.
          Are we all happy with that league

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
            Are we all happy with that league
            Colin O'Neill, Connor Wilson, and John Edwardh all came from that league.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              Colin O'Neill, Connor Wilson, and John Edwardh all came from that league.
              Great

Comment

FWIW, Junior Hockey News ranks the AJHL 10th (USHL #1), but that includes Major Junior. When you take out the major junior leagues, personally, I feel they fall around 4th (USHL, BCHL, NAHL, AJHL) ... or at least somewhere in that range.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  FWIW, Junior Hockey News ranks the AJHL 10th (USHL #1), but that includes Major Junior. When you take out the major junior leagues, personally, I feel they fall around 4th (USHL, BCHL, NAHL, AJHL) ... or at least somewhere in that range.
                  I'm surprised to see they rank the USPHL and EHL higher than the AJHL. Is it because some of the better east coast players play in those leagues when they are very young?

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    I'm surprised to see they rank the USPHL and EHL higher than the AJHL. Is it because some of the better east coast players play in those leagues when they are very young?
                    That answered that question

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      Yeah, that one surprised me as well. I'm not sure why, to be honest.
                      Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        I do not like to speak poorly of other outlets, but I am not the only person (coach, media type, scout, agent) who has voiced disagreement with that ranking.

Ask almost any D1 coach and they will say USHL, BCHL, NAHL for top 3 then AJHL/OJHL/CCHL in some order 4-6 after that.

EHL hasn’t been the last stop for a d1 player in over 4 years. Some like Cayden Primeau played EHL as a 15-16 year old before going elsewhere.

USPHL hasn’t had a NHL draft pick since John Marino. AJHL has had a few first rounders in last two years including Cale Makar going 4th overall.
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Early stats as of 9/16/18.

Code:
                          Year   Name               Pos. Team (League)                 Gm-  G-  A-  P
                          2019 - Matthew Brown       F   Des Moines (USHL)              -   -   -   - 
                          2019 - Clark Kerner        F   Sioux City (USHL)              -   -   -   -
                          2019 - Brian Chambers      F   Sioux Falls (USHL)             -   -   -   -
                          2019 - Jackson Sterrett    F   Carleton Place (CCHL)          7-  4-  1-  5
                          2019 - Andranik Armstrong  F   Brooks (AJHL)                  1-  0-  2-  2
                          2019 - Blake Wells         F   Okotoks (AJHL)                 2-  3-  1-  4
                          2019 - Jordan Schulting    D   Coquitlam (BCHL)               4-  0-  0-  0

2020 - Ben Meehan          D   Dexter Academy                 -   -   -   -
                          2020 - Jack Bayless        F   MN HS                          -   -   -   -
                          2020 - Aidan Harper        G   Skipjacks U16                  -   -   -   -
                          The USHL regular season begins on 9/27/18.

Comment

PC picks up the youngest commit to Hockey East so far ... April 2004 born RW, Ryan Schelling.
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              PC picks up the youngest commit to Hockey East so far ... April 2004 born RW, Ryan Schelling.
                              Crazy.

That's the fourth commitment for PC this month. They currently have 24 recruits on the Heisenberg site for 2019 and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Crazy.

That's the fourth commitment for PC this month. They currently have 24 recruits on the Heisenberg site for 2019 and beyond.
                                It’s 23. For some bizarre reason he hasn’t accepted that Jay O’Brien is on this season’s team.
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X