This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Norway also has personal income taxes of 55%, and corporate taxes from 25% to 75%.
    Regardless, they invest their transfer pmt retirement fund
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: POTUS 45.22 - The Genius of Donald Trump

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Nobody said it would be a good argument.
      It really depends on one's circumstances. For me personally, I think I/we(if you include my wife) would be better off if I could opt out of SS and have an extra 401K or whatever you want to call it. I say this because my wife is a public sector employee and will get a very generous pension. With her pension(and healthcare) alone we should have plenty of monthly income in retirement to cover the normal expenses. I would rather have say an extra $1MM in a 401K account that I had access to when I want it versus a future stream of payments.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        It really depends on one's circumstances. For me personally, I think I/we(if you include my wife) would be better off if I could opt out of SS and have an extra 401K or whatever you want to call it. I say this because my wife is a public sector employee and will get a very generous pension. With her pension(and healthcare) alone we should have plenty of monthly income in retirement to cover the normal expenses. I would rather have say an extra $1MM in a 401K account that I had access to when I want it versus a future stream of payments.
        Nobody makes you cash your socsec checks. Anyone can opt out of taking it.. what’s the big deal?

Comment

And when wifey loses her public sector job(look at that, sucking off the government teat), and you get cancer and can't work, and use all your 401k to pay your medical expenses? Or stay healthy, but can no longer put money away since wifey lost her government teat sucking job? What then?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            And when wifey loses her public sector job(look at that, sucking off the government teat), and you get cancer and can't work, and use all your 401k to pay your medical expenses? Or stay healthy, but can no longer put money away since wifey lost her government teat sucking job? What then?
            Pimp out wifey at The Villages?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                You might be 100% right. Life is a crapshoot to say the least. As I said earlier I'm happy to pay in to the disability bit and have that true insurance coverage. As far as the retirement portion though I think that my wife and I would be better off if I could be in a 401k type scheme.

Comment

Or maybe I could develop an Uber type app for that? Could be big money there!

Comment

And what if you 1) made bad choices in your 401k? or 2) the market took a dump at the precise time you need it? You'd have a fraction of what you think you need.

Or worse, since it's private, you can choose to not invest it, and use it on some kind of an emergency fund that you need now?

It's a great concept that people will act responsibly for retirement, but the facts have shown quite the otherwise. I have more than one relative living up in their age and SS is the only remaining income they have. It's barely enough to survive, but it's better than nothing.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.22 - The Genius of Donald Trump

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      And what if you 1) made bad choices in your 401k? or 2) the market took a dump at the precise time you need it? You'd have a fraction of what you think you need.

Or worse, since it's private, you can choose to not invest it, and use it on some kind of an emergency fund that you need now?

It's a great concept that people will act responsibly for retirement, but the facts have shown quite the otherwise. I have more than one relative living up in their age and SS is the only remaining income they have. It's barely enough to survive, but it's better than nothing.
                      Even if you make good choices you can end up bankrupt. The GOP Health Plan is bankruptcy after all.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hey, my ex-neighbor has a place in The Villages.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I work with a pretty old Md who has spent a lot of time at the villages.
                          His jokes keep me young.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Hey, my ex-neighbor has a place in The Villages.
                            walking STD petri

Comment

Some of the JFK files were not released. The swamp has consumed him.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Some of the JFK files were not released. The swamp has consumed him.
                                He is the swamp, always has been. He just had the idiots fooled into thinking elsewise.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X