X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.22 - The Genius of Donald Trump

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Third Way, a center left policy think tank that advised Hillary's campaign, decided to go on a tour of middle America and other parts of the country that flipped from Obama to Trump trying to figure out what information they could glean by meeting with these groups of people. Unsurprisingly they didn't like what they heard and their report reflected something entirely different than what people actually told them.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...merica/543288/
    Thanks for the link. Good article to read.
    It's what I see here in Flyover all the time. But the Coasties just don't understand it ... or want to.

You missed a quote Kep would've appreciated however ...

“The coasts think we’re Jesusland or Dumbas****istan.”
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-02-2017, 08:34 AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The masochist says "beat me, beat me!"

The sadist says, "no."
      But...by refusing to beat the masochist, the sadist IS hurting the masochist, so the masochist...uh...wins?

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/01/politi...ock/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump called for "quick" and "strong" justice for terror suspects in the wake of the deadly New York City attack, saying that it is not surprising terror attacks happen because the way the United States punishes terrorists is "a laughingstock."
        Not my President says our Judicial system is a laughingstock. Nice Planet.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Bob Leonard is the resident LOC* talking points regurgitator** in Pella, IA. His story bio says Robert Leonard is an anthropologist and hosts a public affairs program for KNIA/KRLS radio in Knoxville/Pella, Iowa.

He lives in Iowa and sees much of what the article trix posted says.

This is a good, short read on why what coastal mass media rails about just doesn't matter in Iowa and other places that turned red:
          http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/re...181300286.html

I was loafing in a booth at the coffee shop Saturday morning, and my friend Mark said something like, “Hey Bob, if you want to understand why rural conservatives like Trump, watch the speech he gave at the Values Voters Summit.”

I replied, “Just tell me why,” not wanting to tell Mark I can hardly stand to watch or listen to Trump, I despise him so. I thought, how perfectly ironic and hypocritical of the religious right to have a man without honor or dignity preach about “values.”

“No, you have to watch it first. Then we’ll talk,” he said.

I tried to remember what I had read about the speech. The only thing I could recall was that Trump had made either a mistake, or misspoke and had referred to the Governor of Puerto as the president. The media had been all over the gaffe. What a clown, a buffoon Trump is! More evidence of his ignorance, his lack of preparation, basic courtesy, and more proof of how unfit he is for office. While certainly more was reported on his speech, that is what I remembered.

While I couldn’t bring myself to actually watch Trump give his speech, I read the transcript as provided by the White House.

Looking only at the written word, and putting Trump’s arrogant off-script comments aside, it was a beautiful speech. Powerful. Inspirational. Brilliant even.

That’s not what I took from the reporting — which may well be the fault of my selective reading and viewing — but if President Barack Obama had given a similar speech I know much of the media would have lauded it, leaving me with a completely different perspective of the speech, and likely of the man.

* Left of center
          **Not to be confused with your run of the mill ROC talking points regurgitators, see: Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin, et al.
          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-02-2017, 09:05 AM.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/01/politi...ock/index.html

Not my President says our Judicial system is a laughingstock. Nice Planet.
            Didn't he say he wanted "Home Depot Truck Boy" treated as an enemy combatant?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Sorry, but Hannity and Limbaugh are ROK*

*Right of Genghis Kahn
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Sorry, but Hannity and Limbaugh are ROK*

*Right of Genghis Kahn
                That's still ROC.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  “The coasts think we’re Jesusland or Dumbas****istan.”
                  We don't think of you as rubes or religious fanatics.

We don't think of you. At all.

Man, listening to the midwestern butt-hurt is like listening to a Bostonian whine about NYC.

Gross Mas-shole Cow: "Wah wah BAHSTIN wah --"
                  Sullen, Stupid Drunken Southie Boyfriend: "FENWAY wah wicked wah ohmyhead!"

Hot Brooklyn Chick: "Did you hear a high-pitched droning sound like a subway train?"
                  Successful, Chic Manhattan Boyfriend: "Must be the servants, dear. Have another ruby."
                  Last edited by Kepler; 11-02-2017, 09:45 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    We don't think of you as rubes or religious fanatics.

We don't think of you. At all.
                    Fail.
                    Flyover: it's all the Coasters can think about.

Coasters can't not think about Trump and how he got in place. And that answer is Flyover.

You can't get Flyover out of your head. Worse? You can't understand it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Fail.

Coasters can't not think about Trump and how he got in place. And that answer is Flyover.

I actually think Kep is right on this one. It's one of the reasons we get to frequently see them on tv with a dumb look on their face asking one another "what just happened?"
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I actually think Kep is right on this one. It's one of the reasons we get to frequently see them on tv with a dumb look on their face asking one another "what just happened?"
                        Something like this?
                        https://www.google.com/search?q=elec...w=1222&bih=679

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You can't get Flyover out of your head.
                          You sound like 5mn talking about atheists.

Here are, in rough succession, our images when somebody says "flyover."

(To a New Yorker, flyover starts at the Palisades.)

If someone does not mention "flyover" it never spontaneously occurs to us. How often do you think of the wheat fields of Central Poland?

Last edited by Kepler; 11-02-2017, 10:02 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Fail.

I grew up in Omaha and live in Des Moines. Stop acting like you speak for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              I grew up in Omaha and live in Des Moines. Stop acting like you speak for all of us.
                              I'm not speaking for anyone.
                              I'm observing that in general Flyover and Coasters don't understand each other.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Thanks for the link. Good article to read.
                                It's what I see here in Flyover all the time. But the Coasties just don't understand it ... or want to.

You missed a quote Kep would've appreciated however ...
                                For all intents and purposes, it was Third Way’s vision that had been on the ballot in 2016—and lost. The think tank, inspired by the New Democrat centrism of the 1990s, had advised Hillary Clinton on her 2016 policy platform. In debates within the Democratic Party, Third Way advocated for the sensible center. It argued that a left-wing platform could not win elections, and that what voters preferred was a pragmatic, moderate, technocratic philosophy, socially liberal but pro-business and wary of big government. It used research and data to demonstrate that these policies made good politics.

“You’ve got all these parasites making a living off the bureaucracy,” the farmer declared, “like leeches pulling you down, bleeding you dry.” We had been in the state for just a few hours, and already the researchers’ quest for mutual understanding seemed to be hitting a snag.

Others in the group, a bunch of proudly curmudgeonly older white men, identified other culprits. There were plenty of jobs, a local elected official and business owner said. But today’s young people were too lazy or drug-addled to do them.

Some of the people we met expressed the conservative-leaning view that changes in society and the family were to blame. One, a technical-skills instructor at the Chippewa Falls school, questioned whether women belonged in the workplace at all. “That idea of both family members working, it’s a social experiment that I don’t know if it quite works,” he said. “If everyone’s working, who is making sure the children are raised right?”

On the long drives between stops, I asked the researchers about their views and what they had been hearing around the country. They admitted that some of the things they had heard had shocked them. In South Florida, Hale told me, a local chamber of commerce official had calmly asserted, “We don’t have any Muslims here, and that’s a good thing, because Muslims are trouble.”

Third Way has published an analysis claiming the Democratic Party cannot win back the House if it focuses on its base and ignores working-class whites, and another that says the party’s main problem is that “Americans don’t see Democrats as the party of jobs.”
                                You expect us to understand that? Really? NO. Forget it. And the Democrats will lose again if they bother with this crap.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X