Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sunny SoCal - Home of the Cup
    Posts
    232

    Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    There has been a groundswell of demand for a Minnesota State thread - so here it is! Another program with upside potential with improving facilities, a fairly new coaching administration and some excellent recruits in the pipeline. Tough conference of course. But they will climb over some of the bad teams in the conference this season. Sky is the limit?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightnut View Post
    There has been a groundswell of demand for a Minnesota State thread - so here it is! Another program with upside potential with improving facilities, a fairly new coaching administration and some excellent recruits in the pipeline. Tough conference of course. But they will climb over some of the bad teams in the conference this season. Sky is the limit?
    Not impressed with the "fairly new coaching administration" as you phrased it. Harrington's time is done. Goofy never was a hockey coach to begin with and never will be. Thank goodness for Shari. As for your last sentence, good thing the sky comes all the way down to meet the ground.
    Last edited by shelfit; 10-24-2017 at 09:29 PM.

  3. #3
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,055

    Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    I think they are getting better, they gave UW a hard time in the first game, though some was obviously UW playing like garbage. UW was backing off them on D zone entry and through the N zone like they were playing the Red Army team of the 70's & 80's.

    Harrington complained to the LaBahn staff that we were pounding on the glass behind the bench too much last year. What a loser. It's sad to think he was part of the 1980 O Team.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fairbnks, AK
    Posts
    109

    Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Not impressed with the "fairly new coaching administration" as you phrased it. Harrington's time is done. Goofy never was a hockey coach to begin with and never will be. Thank goodness for Shari. As for your last sentence, good thing the sky comes all the way down to meet the ground.
    Its ok that you are not impressed. When you take a close look at to what is actually occurring in the current and future of this team, good things are happening. When you are building something from the ground up, in a market that has been perennially poor, it is a process. I think he will get this program relevant a lot sooner than you think.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    262

    Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I think they are getting better, they gave UW a hard time in the first game, though some was obviously UW playing like garbage. UW was backing off them on D zone entry and through the N zone like they were playing the Red Army team of the 70's & 80's.

    Harrington complained to the LaBahn staff that we were pounding on the glass behind the bench too much last year. What a loser. It's sad to think he was part of the 1980 O Team.
    https://youtu.be/EN2_PSs2Pjc

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fairbnks, AK
    Posts
    109

    Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    Quote Originally Posted by agfire View Post
    Its ok that you are not impressed. When you take a close look at to what is actually occurring in the current and future of this team, good things are happening. When you are building something from the ground up, in a market that has been perennially poor, it is a process. I think he will get this program relevant a lot sooner than you think.
    Ha ha, is that in Wisconsin?

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    56

    Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    Quote Originally Posted by agfire View Post
    Its ok that you are not impressed. When you take a close look at to what is actually occurring in the current and future of this team, good things are happening. When you are building something from the ground up, in a market that has been perennially poor, it is a process. I think he will get this program relevant a lot sooner than you think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    641
    [QUOTE - But they will climb over some of the bad teams in the conference this season. Sky is the limit?[/QUOTE]

    This one got me. I have watched every team play in this conference and none can be qualified as "bad teams". The blow outs are likely a thing of the past. And when it comes to the Mavericks, any team in the conference can beat them on any given night and vice versa. Your team is heading in the right direction and will do well but remember, you have been the "bad team" for a long time.[/QUOTE]

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by upfromtheminors View Post
    Love it! Better than my reaction, which is simply, "Yawn!" 😪

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by agfire View Post
    Ha ha, is that in Wisconsin?
    No, just relevant in Mankato, which would be a nice change for them. Lol.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I think they are getting better, they gave UW a hard time in the first game, though some was obviously UW playing like garbage. UW was backing off them on D zone entry and through the N zone like they were playing the Red Army team of the 70's & 80's.

    Harrington complained to the LaBahn staff that we were pounding on the glass behind the bench too much last year. What a loser. It's sad to think he was part of the 1980 O Team.
    What a loser! How dare he complain when the fans act like classless jack@zzes!
    Last edited by ne7minder; 10-26-2017 at 02:46 PM.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,546

    Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    What a loser! How dare he complain when the fans act like classless jack@zzes!
    Do you think he momentarily forgot where he was?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sunny SoCal - Home of the Cup
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    [QUOTE - But they will climb over some of the bad teams in the conference this season. Sky is the limit?
    This one got me. I have watched every team play in this conference and none can be qualified as "bad teams". The blow outs are likely a thing of the past. And when it comes to the Mavericks, any team in the conference can beat them on any given night and vice versa. Your team is heading in the right direction and will do well but remember, you have been the "bad team" for a long time.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]


    St. Cloud is a bad team. You may be right about the rest.

  14. #14
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,055

    Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    What a loser! How dare he complain when the fans act like classless jack@zzes!
    The glass is meant to be pounded on, give me a break. Have you ever watched a Penn St men's game? You have a seizure. Anyway, I was shocked to get the sledgehammer through the front door though.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    The glass is meant to be pounded on, give me a break. Have you ever watched a Penn St men's game? You have a seizure. Anyway, I was shocked to get the sledgehammer through the front door though.
    Not only no, in civilized places they make announcements that it is not permitted.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightnut View Post
    St. Cloud is a bad team.
    And yet they beat the "turbocharged" Mavs 4-2. I guess that means the Mavs are a REALLY bad team. Maybe they'll remember to turn on their turbochargers today.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fairbnks, AK
    Posts
    109

    Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    Congratulations to incoming freshman Brooke Bryant for winning a gold medal at the 2018 Inline World Championships with Team USA in Asiago Italy.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,277

    Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightnut View Post
    There has been a groundswell of demand for a Minnesota State thread - so here it is!
    Like the idea of a Minnesota State thread but just curious if this is where said groundswell meets?

    http://groundswellmn.com/
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    14

    Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Not impressed with the "fairly new coaching administration" as you phrased it. Harrington's time is done. Goofy never was a hockey coach to begin with and never will be. Thank goodness for Shari. As for your last sentence, good thing the sky comes all the way down to meet the ground.
    Yikes, takes quite a bit of time to personally know someone in order to either be impressed or Not impressed. Not many actually know coaches in the conference myself included but they all seem to be doing a pretty good job of being competitive among each other and especially against other conferences. Mankato and ALL others have done a pretty good job of ascending their teams over the last couple years and the fruit will be ripe for the next 4 years starting next year for all those teams. You're not still mad you got cut from the 80' Olympic team are you

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiveholio View Post
    Yikes, takes quite a bit of time to personally know someone in order to either be impressed or Not impressed. Not many actually know coaches in the conference myself included but they all seem to be doing a pretty good job of being competitive among each other and especially against other conferences. Mankato and ALL others have done a pretty good job of ascending their teams over the last couple years and the fruit will be ripe for the next 4 years starting next year for all those teams. You're not still mad you got cut from the 80' Olympic team are you
    Mathematical impossibility not to mention women's hockey only started in 1998 Olympics.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •