Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State - turbocharging the Mavericks

Congratulations to Abby Levy on being named WCHA Rookie of the week!

Comment

Friday's game ended in a 4-0 win for the Buckeyes. But at least the Maverick Power Play looked Turbo Charged!

For further details, checkout the Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19 thread. Hope you'll enjoy my "Unofficial Three Stars" post that appears there.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        Friday's game ended in a 4-0 win for the Buckeyes. But at least the Maverick Power Play looked Turbo Charged!

For further details, checkout the Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19 thread. Hope you'll enjoy my "Unofficial Three Stars" post that appears there.
        Thanks for posting the three stars, always an accurate summary. The MSU PP is a bright spot.

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
          Thanks for posting the three stars, always an accurate summary. The MSU PP is a bright spot.
          Appreciate the vote of confidence! The 3 Stars for Saturday's game are now posted. Hope they're up to standard.

Comment

Appreciate the vote of confidence! The 3 Stars for Saturday's game are now posted. Hope they're up to standard.
            Yes, very good. I like the fairness you show in your evaluations.

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
              Yes, very good. I like the fairness you show in your evaluations.
              Well, you're pumping up my tires pretty good, and I'm grateful. Fairness is indeed a conscious goal.

Naturally my first motivation is to support the Buckeyes. But very sincerely, I also want to support both the Women's WCHA and Women's Hockey as a whole. If it's working out that way, the effort is worthwhile.

Comment

Well, you're pumping up my tires pretty good, and I'm grateful. Fairness is indeed a conscious goal.

Naturally my first motivation is to support the Buckeyes. But very sincerely, I also want to support both the Women's WCHA and Women's Hockey as a whole. If it's working out that way, the effort is worthwhile.
                Honestly speaking, no one does it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  Honestly speaking, no one does it better.
                  I've always known you to have keen eye for the game, even when we disagree on some nuance. So coming from you, this means a lot. Thanks.

But please don't go totally Carly Simon and "feel sad for the rest."

Comment

Winning record after 8 games, awesome goalie, this thread title may be true after all! After UW, they have totally 4 winnable games and I'm actually a little worried UW might get caught with their breezers down 1 game this weekend.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Most definitely a much improved team this year. Goaltending is a real bright spot and the freshmen and sophomores seem to be playing well. Kolstad has really stepped up her game too.

Comment

Levy seems to be a real game changer for Minnesota State. Kolstad up front isn't hurting either.

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                          Levy seems to be a real game changer for Minnesota State. Kolstad up front isn't hurting either.
                          She is leading the team in scoring, hopefully she keeps putting her efforts towards scoring and not injuring the other team's players.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

What's the story behind how Levy ended up at Minnesota State? Given how good she's turned out to be I would have expected her to get recruited heavily, and (no offense intended) I don't think of MSU as winning recruiting battles very much...

Comment

If you look at the freshman class as well as future commits, MSU has been winning some recruiting battles.
                              Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                              What's the story behind how Levy ended up at Minnesota State? Given how good she's turned out to be I would have expected her to get recruited heavily, and (no offense intended) I don't think of MSU as winning recruiting battles very much...

Comment

Their men's team is a real powerhouse this year, showing that it can be done at this school.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X