Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Gooood Afternoon from 603ville where I am currently borrowing wifi from my Clinical place now the kids have gone home. No power*. No internet. No heat but have water.

Lost a big limb across the driveway, cleared that off but this AM had little stuff all over the driveway again. Huge tree leaning on the lines into the neighborhood so no power still. The guy next door picked up a surpluss Army generator in 2011. His wife thought he was nuts but that yr we had a blizzard and a hurricane in the Fall and she decided it was OK. He is running the generator and we have extension cords snaking across the lawn (6), thru the door, down into the cellar, one into the living room. We have a lamp, the fridge, freezer and TV. I would not have thought of the later but the neighbor was horrified at the thought of no TV. In exchange he has our phone (comcast= no phone when no power) and we update him every time we get something.

Life has been an adventure. It is cold but we are very blessed. Could be like my friend on St Croix with part of roof missing, no water, no power and lottsa bugs.

Back to doing the work I am supposed to be doing that I can't do at home. Hoping for power tomorrow as they were taking the tree off the line this afternoon (FB post said so).
    So maybe that tree is the reason my brother still doesn’t have power. They told him not till Thursday. My parents got power back at about 11pm last night. My SIL is staying there. She needs electricity for her nebulizer. My brother will be there for dinner. That’s so crazy! If they know it’s that one tree, why can’t they fix it. Glad you have some power thru your neighbor’s generator!

Greetings from Austin, y’all. Sitting in my room at the moment. It’s rainy here. I want to go grab dinner and get back to the room early. Going to be a busy couple of days. I want to go to sleep at a decent time tonight.

Still no word on my offer. I thought I’d hear this morning. Not sure what the delay is.

Comment

• Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      So maybe that tree is the reason my brother still doesn’t have power. They told him not till Thursday. My parents got power back at about 11pm last night. My SIL is staying there. She needs electricity for her nebulizer. My brother will be there for dinner. That’s so crazy! If they know it’s that one tree, why can’t they fix it. Glad you have some power thru your neighbor’s generator!

Greetings from Austin, y’all. Sitting in my room at the moment. It’s rainy here. I want to go grab dinner and get back to the room early. Going to be a busy couple of days. I want to go to sleep at a decent time tonight.

Still no word on my offer. I thought I’d hear this morning. Not sure what the delay is.
      Get ready for delays in this entire process.

Comment

Thanks for the unsigned neg rep!
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Found out 3 more people are leaving my work, AND one of the leads is having hip replacement so he's out for the rest of the year. And even after hiring 2 more FTers....we're still about 4-5 people short-staffed. Whee.

The good: $$$$$$ OT
          The bad: wear/tear on the ol' body and free time cut drastically; also will be dead tired to want to do anything on the weekend.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Since I'm in a good mood, we'll go with music that's appropriate for the time of year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUbjBmuZDoE

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Found out 3 more people are leaving my work, AND one of the leads is having hip replacement so he's out for the rest of the year. And even after hiring 2 more FTers....we're still about 4-5 people short-staffed. Whee.

The good: $$$$$$ OT
              The bad: wear/tear on the ol' body and free time cut drastically; also will be dead tired to want to do anything on the weekend.
              Oy. Have "fun".

We just hired another BA, who is supposed to fill full-time assignments that our supervisor is juggling.

Comment

s'upp y'all
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      896.8 miles to go.
                      865.6 miles to go.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

THere are trees down across wires everywhere. We were 75% of town without power. I think now <50% but the damage is very widespread.

Back in the land of the powered and wifi. Now to clean up all the debris. Wheeeee!

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

s'upp y'all
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            s'upp y'all
                            Yo
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Morning. Making arrangements for the old man and I to venture to the twin cities in April.

Comment

Working...
                                X