Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Good morning Lodge. Here at the folks’ place for the holidays. Supposed to be icy today and we’re supposed to get 4-6” of snow Christmas morning. Greeeaat. Not happy about that.

So, my mom had me reach out to my brother’s friend in LA to have him buy two gift cards for places he goes to eat. He did and mailed them to my mom a week ago Friday. She still hasn’t received them. I reached out to him just to confirm he sent here. He did. He’s here visiting his family so it’s not like he could check to see if they got returned or something. He marked the envelope “photos” so i don’t think anyone walked off with them. Plus they’re for restaurants in California so it’s not like a thief could do anything with them. Do we tell my brother today if the gift cards don’t show up, or just put an IOU under the tree until we figure out what happened? I hate that my mom is out $100.
    B,

I mailed something to Chelmsford the first of Dec. I got it back 2 days ago saying addressee unknown. It is her place of business.

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Morning, Lodge. I see the bots are back on D1.

Deciding if I want to fight the crowd at Target today or tomorrow. Leaning towards tomorrow, and going during church-time (real church, not my church) when I think quite a few people will be going to mass (pretty sure that counts the same as going on Christmas, thereby fulfilling the obligation).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I was in and out of two stores in under 30 minutes today. Slicker than ****.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!

Busy day today. Prepped Christmas dinner and cleaned the house. Now it is time to relax with a drink and football.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Good evening Lodge.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s’upp y’all
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Ice/rain finally stopped. Nice little reprieve today before more snow tomorrow morning. Ugh.

Today we were supposed to go to my cousin’s for Christmas Eve. She texted yesterday morning to say her husband and daughter were sick, she was running out to do errands. They ordered chicken parm and salad. Around 5-ish my cousin texts to say they were taking her husband to the ER in an ambulance. OMG! She couldn’t go because she has two little kinds, one of whom was sick. Her mom had to drive in the ice to stay with her kids so she could go to the hospital. Such drama. So, my brother and I said we would drive there today to drop off all the gifts, pick up gifts and a tray of chicken parm and bring here and then my brother and his family could come here.

Watching a movie last night, I see a post on Facebook by my SIL asking for plumber recommendations. Uh oh. Turns out, they couldn’t turn off the shower, had to have a plumber come in around 10pm, break thru a wall in their bedroom closet so he could turn the water off. Cost them a pretty penny. We’re supposed to go over there on Christmas Day.

I’d hold me breath today as things come i. Threes, but my younger brother reminded me of how a truck backed into his car the day he was flying here last week. I hope that’s it!

Comment

Yikes. Hope things get better!

Good Morning Lodge! Happy Christmas Eve Morning!

All is ready. This is the most ready we have ever been before the crazy starts. Ice yesterday but we kept power. Others in town did not.

Walgreens promised a photo book for 1:30 yesterday. lilnsl went out to get it around 2:30 when they called me to tell me oops not til after the hols because they ran out of blue ink. Seriously? The other order- prints- I get an email that told me it was ready. I could pick up at 1:34AM. This not a 24 h store. Yeah. I called the corporate. They were all apologies. I can get it at the store across town. In an ice storm. Yep. We couldn't even walk down the driveway last night, never mind drive it. mr les is picking it up today. Not a happy camper.

Comment

Good morning Lodge.

Little gII and I went ice fishing this morning. Probably one of our better outings ever. We caught and released about 25 walleyes between 6:00am and 7:30am.

From scratch caramel rolls have been served for breakfast.

About to prepare for Xmas eve dinner. Prime rib, potatoes, wild rice, vegetables, stuffing and apple salad will be served for dinner.

Tomorrow the in laws will be here for Xmas. Even though there is nothing in the forecast I’m am still hoping for a no travel blizzard between now and when they plan to travel. .
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning & Merry Christmas!
                          My daughter & I made crème brûlée yesterday, which will be our dessert on Christmas. Best part will be burning the sugar....fire good!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Morning, Lodge. Hitting up church like normal. Family Christmas is tomorrow, aunt and uncle are coming up from Rochester (MN, not NY ). Don't have much family left, so the holidays are more special every year.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Good morning Lodge. Ice/rain finally stopped. Nice little reprieve today before more snow tomorrow morning. Ugh.

Today we were supposed to go to my cousin’s for Christmas Eve. She texted yesterday morning to say her husband and daughter were sick, she was running out to do errands. They ordered chicken parm and salad. Around 5-ish my cousin texts to say they were taking her husband to the ER in an ambulance. OMG! She couldn’t go because she has two little kinds, one of whom was sick. Her mom had to drive in the ice to stay with her kids so she could go to the hospital. Such drama. So, my brother and I said we would drive there today to drop off all the gifts, pick up gifts and a tray of chicken parm and bring here and then my brother and his family could come here.

Watching a movie last night, I see a post on Facebook by my SIL asking for plumber recommendations. Uh oh. Turns out, they couldn’t turn off the shower, had to have a plumber come in around 10pm, break thru a wall in their bedroom closet so he could turn the water off. Cost them a pretty penny. We’re supposed to go over there on Christmas Day.

I’d hold me breath today as things come i. Threes, but my younger brother reminded me of how a truck backed into his car the day he was flying here last week. I hope that’s it!
                              I thought that you celebrate in January.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Was channeling the Minnesooooota folk this AM. Listened to the 9 lessons and Carols from Kings Chapel in England while I cooked chocolate chip cookies and prepared for tomorrow. Have done this for >20 yrs. Used to listen to the local PBS but they stopped streaming it. Now I have to find it online. I start with Once in Royal David City and by the time they sing the last hymn I have washed the last cookie sheet. Christmas is real then.

Comment

Working...
                                X