Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Or they don’t need anything. Aging beers necessarily loses character. I’ve tasted literally one beer that has benefited from aging. That was Huna down at Cigar City. And that might have just been a downright better batch.

You might not like drunken, syrupy messes like I do though. I like the taste of the barrel. I love it when I can almost chew the beer. I’m finding my wine profile is about the same.
    I like both the booziness of a fresh BA or thick stout, and the smoothness of an aged one. Batches are different, you are correct. For example this year's Darkness is just too new. It needs aging. Last year's was good fresh. 3 Floyd's Dark Lord is notorious for needing aging; drinking it fresh just doesn't taste as good. When I did the 13 year vertical of Dark Lord at a bottle share (yes, you read that right; 2004-2016) you could taste the arc from too old to too new. It was definitely an educational experience.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Has this newspaper article been posted on USCHO before? http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,211565
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good afternoon Lodge.

Little gII and I went pheasant hunting this morning. Perfect weather. Started out 25 degrees and warmed up to 40 degrees. No wind and clear blue skies.

Little gII and I were crossing a slough that was about 100 yards wide and quarter mile long and through the middle of it there was a lttle creek. The grass and cattails were six to eight feet tall. The grass on the ground was thick and matted and the ground near and around the creek was standing water ranging from a few inches to a foot deep or so. Anyways, when we crossed the creek the first time I took the lead and instructed little gII to follow my steps exactly as I was cautious and stepping on solid ground. We made it through with dry feet. On the way back Little gII took the lead. Famous last words as we approached the wet area and the creek?????? “I got this!” He ended up stepping in the creek which was knee deep and he tripped and did a face first Lipton tea right in the water. We had to stop and take a break from laughing so hard. We didn’t get any birds but that little mishap was fricken awesome/priceless and made the whole tip worth it. .
        Last edited by gmann; 12-02-2017, 04:05 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

*HT. In OT. Again...

Comment

********************************HT

a
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

*grabs a stool*

*breaks it over the *HT*

Comment

Sushi bar HT...
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Pre-emptive *HT. Ugh. Disgusting.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                    Good afternoon Lodge.

Little gII and I went pheasant hunting this morning. Perfect weather. Started out 25 degrees and warmed up to 40 degrees. No wind and clear blue skies.

Little gII and I were crossing a slough that was about 100 yards wide and quarter mile long and through the middle of it there was a lttle creek. The grass and cattails were six to eight feet tall. The grass on the ground was thick and matted and the ground near and around the creek was standing water ranging from a few inches to a foot deep or so. Anyways, when we crossed the creek the first time I took the lead and instructed little gII to follow my steps exactly as I was cautious and stepping on solid ground. We made it through with dry feet. On the way back Little gII took the lead. Famous last words as we approached the wet area and the creek?????? “I got this!” He ended up stepping in the creek which was knee deep and he tripped and did a face first Lipton tea right in the water. We had to stop and take a break from laughing so hard. We didn’t get any birds but that little mishap was fricken awesome/priceless and made the whole tip worth it. .
                    Awesome!

And HHT! Home sweep.
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

mookie misses Bangkok
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Afternoon. Mookie!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good afternoon Lodge.

How old are Little gI and gII?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            How old are Little gI and gII?
                            9 and 11.

Good morning Lodge.
                            sigpic

Comment

9 and 11.

Good morning Lodge.
                              That seems impossible!

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Mornin' Lodge. Standard Sunday of churchin' and rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X