Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Good morning Lodge. Hope you all had a nice weekend. I pretty much finished my shopping, did my cards, got my tree up. Still not really in the Christmas spirit but getting there.

Wednesday is my last day in the office for the year. Going to be a bit busy the next few days trying to get some stuff done. I really don't want to lug my laptop home over break.

Comment

Mother-in-law came over yesterday and took us to see Star Wars. Great seeing her. However, she brought presents and Christmas decorations. We have a little 4 foot artificial tree that wasn't really decorated other than the lights already on it. So, we got a bunch of boxes of ornaments and some tinsel. This after a couple of weeks ago I donated a bunch of decorations because I don't have anywhere to store this stuff. Does this make me a Grinch? I asked NaSK if he was ok with me getting rid of the decorations and he approved. Now we have a living room littered with boxes of ornaments. DO NOT WANT. Beyond the clutter that gets to me, my family has never been a generic ball/bulb ornament type. I have ornaments (still at my parents' house) that are meaningful from each year. I prefer those. Maybe it doesn't look as pretty, but those ornaments have memories, and that's what Christmas is to me.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        Mother-in-law came over yesterday and took us to see Star Wars. Great seeing her. However, she brought presents and Christmas decorations. We have a little 4 foot artificial tree that wasn't really decorated other than the lights already on it. So, we got a bunch of boxes of ornaments and some tinsel. This after a couple of weeks ago I donated a bunch of decorations because I don't have anywhere to store this stuff. Does this make me a Grinch? I asked NaSK if he was ok with me getting rid of the decorations and he approved. Now we have a living room littered with boxes of ornaments. DO NOT WANT. Beyond the clutter that gets to me, my family has never been a generic ball/bulb ornament type. I have ornaments (still at my parents' house) that are meaningful from each year. I prefer those. Maybe it doesn't look as pretty, but those ornaments have memories, and that's what Christmas is to me.
        I don't think we had more than half dozen 'balls' on our tree growing up. I don't get the theme tree thing but know people who do a different one every yr and then throw out the decorations (!!!).

mum les decided to get rid of all her decorations and then this yr decided to want them back. They had all been donated- per her request- last yr. Sigh.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Just getting organized for Christmas after having a huge open house yesterday. I want to sleep and put my feet up instead.

Comment

Hope your event went well, yesterday les. Thanks again for the invite. Had I not had two other commitments, I would've made the trek up there.

As for ornaments....when I bought my condo and my first fake tree, I didn't have anything. I had gone to Bronner's Christmas Store in Frankenmuth, MI the summer after my first Christmas, and bought a star and a sleeve of red and white (of course!) ornaments. Not sure how they didn't break on the flight home. Then, my aunt's bestest BFF lost her husband to suicide. She was clearing out a bunch of stuff and some of it was Christmas ornaments. I got that box. Every year I tend to pick up one or two new ones, usually when I travel. And I've received some cool ones as gifts. My reliance on the dead guy's ornaments has decreased every year. My dad has given me about four of the ones he gets from the Red Sox (for being a season ticket holder) as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Hope your event went well, yesterday les. Thanks again for the invite. Had I not had two other commitments, I would've made the trek up there.

As for ornaments....when I bought my condo and my first fake tree, I didn't have anything. I had gone to Bronner's Christmas Store in Frankenmuth, MI the summer after my first Christmas, and bought a star and a sleeve of red and white (of course!) ornaments. Not sure how they didn't break on the flight home. Then, my aunt's bestest BFF lost her husband to suicide. She was clearing out a bunch of stuff and some of it was Christmas ornaments. I got that box. Every year I tend to pick up one or two new ones, usually when I travel. And I've received some cool ones as gifts. My reliance on the dead guy's ornaments has decreased every year. My dad has given me about four of the ones he gets from the Red Sox (for being a season ticket holder) as well.
            Maybe next yr. Every yr is so different. We say 2-8. Usually people drift in around 3 or later with one person coming at 2. This yr someone showed at 1:45. the next at 2 and then it was like a Tsunami. Everyone came at once, all very early. People ate but then stopped. Usually the second wave cleans up what the first wave didn't eat. This time the second wave was not eating and we had a bunch of people who didn't come because they were sick (about 10-12). Ended up with way too much food. Wouldn't have been too much if all the sickies had showed tho.

I have a bunch of very old ornaments that I have been hanging on my tree since I was a little one. My favorite is a blown glass snowman- white with clear glittery type stuff on his body, a pulled glass nose and top hat. The detail is beautiful. It took a toss when I was still in HS. Bottom broke. I stuff the bottom full of tissue in the shape of a ball. Somewhat similar to this but with no arms https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415879346811792631/

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!

Thank you for your thoughts. At least the family decided to have a memorial service. They were debating about not having one given how the family is small and any friends are either dead or too weak to travel.

In regards to the ornament conversation, I did buy a new ornament set for the new tree. My mom did get me a new ornament with the "First Christmas in our New Home." I have some ornaments from my childhood home. My favorite being Sugar Bear from Sugar Crisps. It used to play a couple of tunes, but it no longer works. Still like the ornament. There are a few ornaments that my mom has that I do have my eye on. They will be mine someday.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I have exactly one ornament I put on my Charlie Brown tree: it's a CD-ROM painted maroon and gold, with the M on it, given to me by Quizmire years ago. When it's not on my tree, it hangs on my living room lamp. Still cherish it.

Still fairly warm here for this time of year, but a Snownami is coming, then it's gonna get really cold.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I didn't even drag my Charlie Brown tree out this year. Bah, humbug!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I didn't even drag my Charlie Brown tree out this year. Bah, humbug!
                    I almost didn't. However, it was my paternal grandparents' tree, given to me when they passed on. The tree means something to me.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

My favorite 'new' ornament is the Swedish Chef https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb-EAl7Ajyc
                            Selling for only >120$ on a number of sites

Comment

I hate when you don't see the email from the person taking you (and others) out to lunch with the subject line PACK YOUR LUNCH because he has the flu until you've left your house and didn't pack a lunch.

Comment

I think I've found a disguised cookie worse than raisins posing as chocolate chip.
                                Just grabbed what I thought was a sugar cookie, and it has icky lemon taste. Must find something to rinse yuckiness from my mouth.
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X