Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    Hey -- so our local beer store got a shipment of Founders CBS. 1 case. I got the 3rd to last bottle!! Happy birthday to me!

Good news on my birthday -- instead of having our heat repaired on the 20th and 21st of this month, they're coming Monday and Tuesday, so we'll have heat!! It's been a bit chilly in our place!
    Oh that CBS....
    Convo at my store tonight:
    Me: CBS, limit one?
    Clerk: Yeah, one.
    Asst Mgr: Naw, he gets two.
    Mgr walks out from back sees me: Wanna just buy us out? What are you buying?
    Me: One of each of 3 Abyss and variants, and as much CBS as you will sell me.
    Mgr: We have 3 left, sorry we don't have more. They're yours.

And google it, but InBev (Budweiser) sent a cease and desist order to a local brewery (Modist) for creating a Dilly Dilly beer. It's classic. For real, it was well played.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Oh that CBS....
      Convo at my store tonight:
      Me: CBS, limit one?
      Clerk: Yeah, one.
      Asst Mgr: Naw, he gets two.
      Mgr walks out from back sees me: Wanna just buy us out? What are you buying?
      Me: One of each of 3 Abyss and variants, and as much CBS as you will sell me.
      Mgr: We have 3 left, sorry we don't have more. They're yours.

And google it, but InBev (Budweiser) sent a cease and desist order to a local brewery (Modist) for creating a Dilly Dilly beer. It's classic. For real, it was well played.
      I'm very excited. Matt and I will have to find a reason to celebrate to drink it.

Do you see bb_dl? I have extra Downeast and wanted to send them to him for the wifey.

Comment

I'm very excited. Matt and I will have to find a reason to celebrate to drink it.

Do you see bb_dl? I have extra Downeast and wanted to send them to him for the wifey.
        He's in Sweden last I saw. We have a future meetup, for bottle trading and a bottle share. My advice on the CBS is to wait about 6 months, that maple will really pop. Have had it on tap twice before and the age is all the difference. I'll prob give in and have one tomorrow, just to have a reference on this batch.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

He's in Sweden last I saw. We have a future meetup, for bottle trading and a bottle share. My advice on the CBS is to wait about 6 months, that maple will really pop. Have had it on tap twice before and the age is all the difference. I'll prob give in and have one tomorrow, just to have a reference on this batch.
          There was a rumor of it being on tap at a local place tonight, but sadly, I had to work.

Comment

There was a rumor of it being on tap at a local place tonight, but sadly, I had to work.
            *drool*

First time I had it on tap was in the UP, wanna say 2015 (it was last made in 2014). Second time was a local place that had a Founders tap takeover a year later. From what I heard tonight from my store, only 70 cases hit MN, I believe they are 12 bottle cases.

Comment

I am done aging barrel aged beers. They lose more than they gain. Especially if you like to taste the barrel.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

*drool*

First time I had it on tap was in the UP, wanna say 2015 (it was last made in 2014). Second time was a local place that had a Founders tap takeover a year later. From what I heard tonight from my store, only 70 cases hit MN, I believe they are 12 bottle cases.
                I'm wary of Founders Tap Takeovers. I believe we were Facebook-ing the last time I went to one and I fell off my barstool that night and tcbg had to pick me up at the bar because the bartender took my keys. (Granted, I was unhappy at my other job and tcbg had stood me up to drink with his buddies earlier in the night). I was for KBS though, definitely no CBS.

Comment

Double post -- looks like I got about half of the barrel aged series from this year -- Backwoods Ba$tard and Frootwood; both of which I enjoyed. Plus the CBS today.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I am done aging barrel aged beers. They lose more than they gain. Especially if you like to taste the barrel.
                    2, maybe 3 years tops for 90% of the beers out there. Then again some beers (like this year's Darkness) NEED a year or two to hit the prime target.

And ewe, the only thing I hate about takeovers is the jacked up prices at some places. A local place had a Goose Island takeover, and was charging $30 for a 4-pour 4oz each flight. That's BS.

Comment

2, maybe 3 years tops for 90% of the beers out there. Then again some beers (like this year's Darkness) NEED a year or two to hit the prime target.

And ewe, the only thing I hate about takeovers is the jacked up prices at some places. A local place had a Goose Island takeover, and was charging $30 for a 4-pour 4oz each flight. That's BS.
                      I don't remember the prices being jacked up, but that doesn't mean they weren't. I feel like samplers and tastings are hit and miss with pricing.

Comment

I don't remember the prices being jacked up, but that doesn't mean they weren't. I feel like samplers and tastings are hit and miss with pricing.
                        This place (New Bohemia for the locals) is known for it. Some other places keep it fair. I had Bourbon County Stout on tap this year, but it was $10 for 8oz (retail was about $12 for 16oz, guesstimating).

And protip: Ballast Point is dropping their prices as of the next week or two. Shhhhhh

Sorry for all the beer talk, Lodge. Um, nothing tomorrow. Just getting Maggie a needed wash.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge1
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodge! Afternoon mookie!

Comment

Or they don’t need anything. Aging beers necessarily loses character. I’ve tasted literally one beer that has benefited from aging. That was Huna down at Cigar City. And that might have just been a downright better batch.

You might not like drunken, syrupy messes like I do though. I like the taste of the barrel. I love it when I can almost chew the beer. I’m finding my wine profile is about the same.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X