• san francisco

0 0%
  • syndey

3 21.43%
  • abu dhabi

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    So, I just got called to the carpet by my boss. At the conference I was at last week, there was a reception at the Texas Governor's Mansion. Some senior executives were invited, as was I. Apparently I a) should not have gone and b) if I attended, I should not have socialized or hung out with the senior executives that were there. One of them told my boss' boss, who told my boss, who called me into her office. All the hard work I put into it, and this is what I'm left it.

Also, we had a popcorn machine in our booth. Popcorn is a huge draw. So we had a line. And that apparently was my fault as well. Good to know.
    Wow.....that sounds petty.

So the boss and I just booked 10 days in Singapore in January!
    My niece and family are there for a year and said to visit....so we are!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

there's a good buck in that racket.
    S'upp y'all

Finally in my hotel! Flight took off right on time (more or less) at 9:30am. Scheduled to land about 1:42pm MST. After about five hours in the air, the pilot comes on to tell us that due to excessive headwinds, we are now low on fuel and we’ve been diverted to Albuquerque to refuel. Great. Added about two hours onto my trip. Got to the rental car center, the line at Avis was ridiculously long. Took me 45 minutes or so to get my car.

Drove to the office where we’re having on e of the events tomorrow. Thankfully it’s a call center and my contact was there. I notice the backdrop we’re using for photos is waaaaay too big to fit in my car to take to the second office. Reached out to the agency to figure out a solution.

Now I’m more than starving as I only had donuts for breakfast and those little cookies on the plane. I hit the road to go to my hotel, which is closer to the second office and the traffic was not good. I remembered few restaurants in the area (I’ve stayed up here before) but when I saw In N Out Burger, I pulled in. Was faster. And delicious. Long day. Looking forward to watching This Is Is and going to bed.
    So you did take that left turn at Albuquerque

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

Morning.

Had a MA driver driving in front of me this AM. Weaving all over the road!

Took yesterday off. Upgraded my home entertainment setup with a new 4K HDR TV. Even had the OK from the wife before buying it!
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 11-08-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    623. 0 miles to go, and then it rained.
    596.6 miles to go.

Good Morning Lodge!!

Happy Birthday melmac!! May there be no math today!

s'upp y'all

Lucia Apologist

Hi mookie

Morning mook!
    Nighty night nocturnal ones!

Got word that T-Day will be at my bro's future wife's place....this should be interesting. Never met her family yet (they've been seeing each other for about 2 years), I don't have a really HIGH opinion of her (she's nice, I guess, but I see a lot of red flags in her personality), and this is new territory for me (which is my problem, no doubt).

This should be oh so fun.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Got word that T-Day will be at my bro's future wife's place....this should be interesting. Never met her family yet (they've been seeing each other for about 2 years), I don't have a really HIGH opinion of her (she's nice, I guess, but I see a lot of red flags in her personality), and this is new territory for me (which is my problem, no doubt).

This should be oh so fun.
    Never fun when you see the possibility of a train wreck and not only must you watch you have to get on the train.

we haven't heard from gmann in a while He was always good for a few holiday stories. I wonder if he's been sent up the river for offing the BIL

Good Morning Lodge!

Made in the USA

Good Morning Lodge.

Still no white stuff.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

596.6 miles to go.
    554.6 miles to go.
    I wonder when I will be able to go again.

554.6 miles to go.
    May

554.6 miles to go.
    If Ralph isn’t regular he should try Metamucil

Opposite Girl

Howdy Lodge. Finished up my second event this week. Hanging here in the office to get some work done. My flight is a red-eye, doesn't leave till 11pm. Going to work for another hour, till it's 5pm back home, and then head out. I think I'll go to a movie and then dinner before I go to the airport.

I may have mentioned a few weeks back that I had a meltdown in front of my boss a few weeks back. I had been feeling increasingly left out of many things and it was getting really annoying, especially since it was literally affecting my job. We had a really good conversation, she tells me I can't let stuff like that fester and to always come to her.

So, today she sends out a note to all of our team and a few others about how we executed seven events today, we've never done that many events in one day and kudos to my co-worker who lead the charge. And thanks to other co-worker and me for going in market to activate. I'm steaming a bit, because I did quite a bit more than "going in market to activate." And I want to let her know that. I've written a response to that email, then didn't send. I started to text her, then didn't send. I hope to have my 1 on 1 with her on Tuesday. I think I will address it there. I want to know if she realized the amount of work I put into this. It was considerable. I don't think I will melt down, because now I'm a little ****ed. If she never sent an email out, I'd be OK. But when you send an email out and make me seem like I just went out "in market to activate", that's why I get to the point where I feel totally left out. Because it marginalizes all the work I actually do.

What do you guys think? Wait to mention to her face to face, or send her a text later? It's still a work day there, I don't want her to get this at work. And I don't need a second email to go out. I just want her to know that her email was upsetting to me. And in a perfect world, it would be awesome if my co-worker who got praised would respond to her about all the work I did on her project. A girl can dream, I guess.

ETA: I guess dreams do come true sometimes. My co-worker emailed me and copied my boss thanking me for all the work I did. Pleasantly surprised there.
    Last edited by Scarlet; 11-09-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Howdy Lodge. Finished up my second event this week. Hanging here in the office to get some work done. My flight is a red-eye, doesn't leave till 11pm. Going to work for another hour, till it's 5pm back home, and then head out. I think I'll go to a movie and then dinner before I go to the airport.

I may have mentioned a few weeks back that I had a meltdown in front of my boss a few weeks back. I had been feeling increasingly left out of many things and it was getting really annoying, especially since it was literally affecting my job. We had a really good conversation, she tells me I can't let stuff like that fester and to always come to her.

So, today she sends out a note to all of our team and a few others about how we executed seven events today, we've never done that many events in one day and kudos to my co-worker who lead the charge. And thanks to other co-worker and me for going in market to activate. I'm steaming a bit, because I did quite a bit more than "going in market to activate." And I want to let her know that. I've written a response to that email, then didn't send. I started to text her, then didn't send. I hope to have my 1 on 1 with her on Tuesday. I think I will address it there. I want to know if she realized the amount of work I put into this. It was considerable. I don't think I will melt down, because now I'm a little ****ed. If she never sent an email out, I'd be OK. But when you send an email out and make me seem like I just went out "in market to activate", that's why I get to the point where I feel totally left out. Because it marginalizes all the work I actually do.

What do you guys think? Wait to mention to her face to face, or send her a text later? It's still a work day there, I don't want her to get this at work. And I don't need a second email to go out. I just want her to know that her email was upsetting to me. And in a perfect world, it would be awesome if my co-worker who got praised would respond to her about all the work I did on her project. A girl can dream, I guess.

ETA: I guess dreams do come true sometimes. My co-worker emailed me and copied my boss thanking me for all the work I did. Pleasantly surprised there.
    Good on that co-worker.

Thread Information