View Poll Results: well?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • hong kong

    3 21.43%
  • peiking

    1 7.14%
  • tokyo

    3 21.43%
  • singapore (again)

    1 7.14%
  • bangkok (again)

    1 7.14%
  • calcutta

    0 0%
  • muscat

    1 7.14%
  • beirut

    0 0%
  • amman

    1 7.14%
  • geneva

    3 21.43%
  • milan

    0 0%
  • budapest

    5 35.71%
  • warsaw

    2 14.29%
  • munich

    5 35.71%
  • amsterdam

    2 14.29%
  • paris

    3 21.43%
  • london (again)

    2 14.29%
  • san francisco

    0 0%
  • syndey

    3 21.43%
  • abu dhabi

    2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1001

Thread: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

  1. #921
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,784

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    I'm sure it will be a blast. Watch out for flying strings of beads!

    Hey Minnesota peeps. What hotels are within easy walking distance of Xcel? I have a hotel booked for the FF but it will mean driving and I would like to avoid that if I can. I know they are already booked but I'm hoping that someone whose team doesn't make it will cancel.
    Walking distance is relative, but I'd say if it's west of the Highway 52 bridge (the Lafayette Bridge), and between the Mississippi River and I-94, you're in walking distance. With that in mind, here's a map. Embassy Suites off of Jackson & 10th St might have rooms available. Tough call.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  2. #922

    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    8,584

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Afternoon, Lodge. Had tentative plans for lunch with a buddy, but he forgot about a previous engagement. Figuring out what to do with my time, and saw a tweet for a somewhat local brewery (about 30 miles west of me, which is pretty much hickville area; Waconia for the locals) who is releasing a special beer (only 40 bottles). So decided to head out there, because why not?

    And still no snow. Zilch. Everything headed south, I guess.
    Finally got snow last night.

  3. #923
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    114,501

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    Finally got snow last night.
    Wed's snownami headed towards St Cloud way, today's snownami headed way south. Works for me. Still have a bit on the ground, but not much.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  4. #924
    Math atheist
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    7,537

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    s’s’upp y’all



    How come?
    No time off for the hubster.

  5. #925
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,952

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  6. #926
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    191,578

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Good Morning, MEUSA!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

  7. #927
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    40,031
    s’up y’all

    Quote Originally Posted by melmac View Post
    No time off for the hubster.
    Dammit

  8. #928
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    29,743

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Good morning Lodge. Making cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Need to wake my brother up. Went to make coffee, opened a new can, saw its decaf. Crap. I don’t want decaf in the morning.

    Heading up to les-ville today to spend the weekend with the fam. Hope I make it up there before the weather gets too messy. Watching the weather forecast and now we’re getting “plowable” snow on Christmas Day. Greeeeeat. Not happy about that.

  9. #929
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29,955

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Good morning Lodge. Making cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Need to wake my brother up. Went to make coffee, opened a new can, saw its decaf. Crap. I don’t want decaf in the morning.

    Heading up to les-ville today to spend the weekend with the fam. Hope I make it up there before the weather gets too messy. Watching the weather forecast and now we’re getting “plowable” snow on Christmas Day. Greeeeeat. Not happy about that.
    I foresee another one of those blizzard type things Not bad yet here. You should be all good before it gets bad.

    Good Morning Lodge!

  10. #930
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,622

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    I'm sure it will be a blast. Watch out for flying strings of beads!

    Hey Minnesota peeps. What hotels are within easy walking distance of Xcel? I have a hotel booked for the FF but it will mean driving and I would like to avoid that if I can. I know they are already booked but I'm hoping that someone whose team doesn't make it will cancel.
    Your best bet for something affordable is to stay in downtown Minneapolis, or around campus (there's a new Hampton Inn near TCF Bank Stadium) and taking the light rail into St. Paul.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  11. #931
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,622

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Afternoon, Lodge. Had tentative plans for lunch with a buddy, but he forgot about a previous engagement. Figuring out what to do with my time, and saw a tweet for a somewhat local brewery (about 30 miles west of me, which is pretty much hickville area; Waconia for the locals) who is releasing a special beer (only 40 bottles). So decided to head out there, because why not?

    And still no snow. Zilch. Everything headed south, I guess.
    Waconia? Hickville? That's hilarious.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  12. #932
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,884

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    I'm sure it will be a blast. Watch out for flying strings of beads!

    Hey Minnesota peeps. What hotels are within easy walking distance of Xcel? I have a hotel booked for the FF but it will mean driving and I would like to avoid that if I can. I know they are already booked but I'm hoping that someone whose team doesn't make it will cancel.
    Get anywhere cheap and clean. Uber is plentiful. It will save you hundreds of dollars. Anywhere in the cities will work.

    But since you’re a Sioux fan, I recommend Duluth. Duluth, GA.

  13. #933
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,284

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Thanks for the tips all. Mrs. sfis had knee replacement surgery 3 weeks ago so a place real close would be helpful. But not to the tune of $350/night.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  14. #934
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    40,031

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Thanks for the tips all. Mrs. sfis had knee replacement surgery 3 weeks ago so a place real close would be helpful. But not to the tune of $350/night.
    and you are making her WALK?!?!?!?!!!?


    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  15. #935
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,784

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Thanks for the tips all. Mrs. sfis had knee replacement surgery 3 weeks ago so a place real close would be helpful. But not to the tune of $350/night.
    If you want to avoid driving, or using an Uber, Lyft or taxi, then I'd suggest, like someone else said, get a hotel near Stadium Village at the U of M campus. Look for one that's real close to the Green Line LRT route, and take that train over to the X for the games. There's generally more to do in Minneapolis than there is in downtown St. Paul, and downtown Minneapolis is just in the other direction on that same train route.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  16. #936
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,284

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    If you want to avoid driving, or using an Uber, Lyft or taxi, then I'd suggest, like someone else said, get a hotel near Stadium Village at the U of M campus. Look for one that's real close to the Green Line LRT route, and take that train over to the X for the games. There's generally more to do in Minneapolis than there is in downtown St. Paul, and downtown Minneapolis is just in the other direction on that same train route.
    It didn't look like the green line stops very close to Xcel - about 6 blocks or so?
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  17. #937
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,784

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    It didn't look like the green line stops very close to Xcel - about 6 blocks or so?
    Five or six blocks, though two of them are small. That might be a judgment call for you and your wife at that point. I know many people recover very quickly from knee surgeries, but I'm still not yet a doctor.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  18. #938

    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    8,584

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    and you are making her WALK?!?!?!?!!!?


    350.00 cuts into his beer money.

  19. #939
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,284

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    350.00 cuts into his beer money.
    Exactly!
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  20. #940
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    114,501

    Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Waconia? Hickville? That's hilarious.
    Well, when the beertender asked what part of town I was from, I answered "Over by Ridgedale/Minnetonka." His response? "You mean like the Ridgedale Mall Ridgedale?" He really had no idea that there is not a city called Ridgedale MN. There is only a mall called that.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •