Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2017-18 - The dawn of the new ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh State Hockey 2017-18 - The dawn of the new ...

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2017-18 - The dawn of the new ... logo.

http://gocardinalsports.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2017-18 - The dawn of the new ...

So they're ditching the skating cardinal? I understand the desire for uniformity, but the skating cardinal is classic. I hate to be a critic but I'm not really a fan, looks like the cardinal logo for every other school with a cardinal mascot.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
      So they're ditching the skating cardinal? I understand the desire for uniformity, but the skating cardinal is classic. I hate to be a critic but I'm not really a fan, looks like the cardinal logo for every other school with a cardinal mascot.
      That would be the College of Cardinals??
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        There's a big industry out there that creates logos. I've never been a fan of Norwich's Saber Carrying Sarcen raider either.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          There's a big industry out there that creates logos. I've never been a fan of Norwich's Saber Carrying Sarcen raider either.
          Well, this old time fan hates it! Love my angry bird and will continue to wear all my old sweaters, hats coats forever!!! This new one lacks individuality and character.

Comment

Cardinals wearing their old logo tonight
            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
              Cardinals wearing their old logo tonight
              When I was at the fieldhouse for homecoming activities I heard they may wear their old design through this season as they were planning on redoing them anyway for 18-19..

Only thing I have to really back that up is on the rosters: the ladies, who definitely have the new logo on new unis are wearing them in the team photo while the men have the old logo on their jersey in the team photo. If the men had jerseys with the new bird, they likely would have come around the same time as the women's team and would be wearing them in the photos.
              Last edited by Scott_TG; 10-27-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Not sure what to think of this year‘s team after taking in last nights game. That Cejep team was very weak. I hope next year Bob schedules a tougher exhibition game. Skidmore was a good test. But the second game needs to be a bit tougher. Either a stronger Cejep team in which he may find a few recruits or schedule a Canadien D1 school like McGill or Concordia. D1 college hockey in Canada is somewhat equivalent to high end D3 in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Shield View Post
                  Not sure what to think of this year‘s team after taking in last nights game. That Cejep team was very weak. I hope next year Bob schedules a tougher exhibition game. Skidmore was a good test. But the second game needs to be a bit tougher. Either a stronger Cejep team in which he may find a few recruits or schedule a Canadien D1 school like McGill or Concordia. D1 college hockey in Canada is somewhat equivalent to high end D3 in the states.
                  I totally agree the exhibition game needs to be as tough as Bob can get.
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I supposed that I am not happy unless I'm complaining about something !!!
                    Having said that, I must say that I am disappointed that the scoreboard in the Stafford Ice Arena is out of commission yet again. I fail to understand why the thing cannot be fixed so it works. The college is always crying poverty yet they spent lots and lots of supposedly scarce funds on the rebranding with new logos and whatnot. Would seem to me that a working scoreboard is far more important than a re styled Cardinal,

My two cents worth.

Wally
                    Cornell Sixty Seven

Comment

Originally posted by wallhd View Post
                      I supposed that I am not happy unless I'm complaining about something !!!
                      Having said that, I must say that I am disappointed that the scoreboard in the Stafford Ice Arena is out of commission yet again. I fail to understand why the thing cannot be fixed so it works. The college is always crying poverty yet they spent lots and lots of supposedly scarce funds on the rebranding with new logos and whatnot. Would seem to me that a working scoreboard is far more important than a re styled Cardinal,

My two cents worth.

Wally
                      Cornell Sixty Seven
                      Rumor has it that there were legal reasons for redoing the logo. A cease-and-desist letter or something of the sort. I, for one, like the new logo. It doesn't look like Arizona or Louisville. As for the scoreboard, doesn't it seem like the manufacturer is hoping to make it past the warranty?
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

VIA e-mail -

Michael Howard
                        To Michael Howard Brian Savard Taylor Sullivan Kristian Doorey Nov 2 at 5:34 PM
                        All Cardinal Hockey Season Ticket Holders,

With the 2017-18 Cardinal Hockey season now upon us, I want to extend an overdue THANK YOU from all us in Cardinal Athletics for your continued support of our hockey program. We appreciate the fact that you have chose to become a season ticker-holder and look forward to sharing another successful and exciting season with all of you!

I would also like to pass along a couple of quick announcements;

1-This Saturday, November 4th, we will be inducting the 1991-92 NCAA National Championship Men's Team into our Cardinal Athletic Hall of Fame. I am pleased to report that the majority of the players from this incredible team will be returning to campus for this event. As part of this celebration, the team will be formally recognized just prior to the start of the Men's game vs. Morrisville on Saturday night beginning at 6:40pm. Please make sure to arrive at the rink early to share in the festivities as this promises to be a great night for all of us in Cardinal Country!

2-Autograph/Poster session--The 1991-92 Hall of Fame team will be on-hand after Saturday night's game in the gymnasium area of the field house for a brief meet and greet/Autograph session, so please stay after the game and welcome the team back to campus.

3-Video Board--Many of you have reached out to me with questions about the status of the large video board. Let me assure you that our staff is working tirelessly to try and get this board up and running ASAP. It was determined a few weeks ago that a component part of the board had malfunctioned and required replacement. We immediately set out to address this issue but due to two factors, recent storms in Florida which destroyed areas where the board/parts are manufactured along with a long-delay in international customs as we were forced to get a part from abroad, have created a much longer delay in fixing the board than we had initially hoped. As I write, we are continuing to work with the manufacturer who sent representatives to campus this afternoon to best advise us moving forward. We regret this inconvenience are very hopeful this can be resolved quickly. In the meantime the smaller video board is functioning well and we will continue to maximize our use of that board whenever possible.

Thank you all again for your support, have a great night and we look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

Go Cards!

Mike H.
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Anyone else having issues with the webcast for Plattsburgh?
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                            Anyone else having issues with the webcast for Plattsburgh?
                            was working fine but I am watching the PSTV broadcast since it is 50 inches instead of 16.5

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Congratulations to Coach Emery.......600 wins!

Comment

Working...
                              X