Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2017-18 - The dawn of the new ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2017-18 - The dawn of the new ...

Cards picked up a D1 transfer. Andrew Pizzo, a 6-2 sophomore who played for Niagara.

Comment

Niagara transfer with a goal and a helper in his first game....not bad

Comment

Cards hold on for a 3-2 win over Middlebury.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Thought this was interesting...

Was taken from the Press today...

Plattsburgh (9-8-0), though, was without head coach Bob Emery behind the bench.

After Plattsburgh's 6-2 loss to Williams Saturday, Emery was involved in an on-ice verbal confrontation with an official.

Emery and Plattsburgh’s athletic department mutually agreed that he serve a self-imposed suspension Tuesday.

Emery may face more disciplinary action, pending an investigation by the SUNYAC.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Awesome they rallied around him and won.....

Comment

Looks like he is suspended for the games against Brockport and Geneseo.
              2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                Looks like he is suspended for the games against Brockport and Geneseo.
                Yes he will serve a suspension for the next two SUNYAC games.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

I'd love to know what he said to deserve 3 games. I've certainly seen coaches animated in their discussions with officials before. 3 games seems like a harsh penalty.
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                    I'd love to know what he said to deserve 3 games. I've certainly seen coaches animated in their discussions with officials before. 3 games seems like a harsh penalty.
                    Maybe he is going to the OBX and needed the weekend off

Comment

Last year Krug from Adrian threw his clipboard at the ref and was suspended one game, that was during a brawl on the ice his team started.

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                        Last year Krug from Adrian threw his clipboard at the ref and was suspended one game, that was during a brawl on the ice his team started.
                        That's my point. So what do you have to do to get 3 games? Did he bump the official? Of course, if the game happens in Williamstown and noone is apparently there to see it, is Coach Emery really suspended?

Edit: also, I notice this got no coverage from USCHO or d3hockey. Couldn't find a release from SUNYAC.
                        Last edited by spwood; 01-19-2018, 08:10 AM.
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

That's my point. So what do you have to do to get 3 games? Did he bump the official? Of course, if the game happens in Williamstown and noone is apparently there to see it, is Coach Emery really suspended?
                          Leagues are responsible for these kind of disciplinary action. Every league has their own standards and expectations of behavior. It's not really an apples to apples comparison.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Edit: also, I notice this got no coverage from USCHO or d3hockey. Couldn't find a release from SUNYAC.
                            It was up yesterday: http://www.uscho.com/2018/01/18/suny...tion-linesman/
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Thanks. I couldn't find an article on uscho.com. That still doesn't answer my question: what did he do to warrant three games? That seems like a harsh penalty. And I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, I'm just trying to find out what he did.
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95

Comment

Thanks. I couldn't find an article on uscho.com. That still doesn't answer my question: what did he do to warrant three games? That seems like a harsh penalty. And I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, I'm just trying to find out what he did.
                                He confronted a linesman on the ice after the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X