Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What??? No UNH 2017-2018 Season Thread? Well, Here Ya Go!! :) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What??? No UNH 2017-2018 Season Thread? Well, Here Ya Go!!

Well, despite going 0 for 2 this week, against Harvahd, UNH looked pretty good......leave it to Coach Stone to find goalie Boutilier’s weakness, as 3 of the 4 goals were uppers! I didn’t see the Providi game so no comment there but vs the Crimson, biggest issue is the teams carelessness with the puck.......watch every sport and possession time is a measure of competency! Our laissez faire attitude with the puck is ridiculous.....it has cost us in the third period these past few games........hopefully, Coach Witt will try and address this against the Huskies, whose speed is always an issue for us.......Onward!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
      Well, despite going 0 for 2 this week, against Harvahd, UNH looked pretty good......leave it to Coach Stone to find goalie Boutilier’s weakness, as 3 of the 4 goals were uppers! I didn’t see the Providi game so no comment there but vs the Crimson, biggest issue is the teams carelessness with the puck.......watch every sport and possession time is a measure of competency! Our laissez faire attitude with the puck is ridiculous.....it has cost us in the third period these past few games........hopefully, Coach Witt will try and address this against the Huskies, whose speed is always an issue for us.......Onward!
      Leave it to you to let every team know where her weakness is!

Comment

I actually did think of that but Coach Stone isn't the only one with videotape........c'mon, I held back for what, 10 games? Maybe, as with other teams on this Forum, they'll fix their deficiencies.....

Comment

One of my New Year's resolutions is getting to a UNH Women's hockey game, somewhere, if not Lake Whitt.

This team does indeed own a piece of national hardware, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            One of my New Year's resolutions is getting to a UNH Women's hockey game, somewhere, if not Lake Whitt.

This team does indeed own a piece of national hardware, right?
            Yes they do. They won the first-ever AWCHA national championship March 21, 1998 with a 4-1 win over Brown and future Patty Kazmaier winning goalie Ali Brewer at Boston's Fleet Center. UNH defenseman and future Gopher Winny Brodt was the MVP of the tournament. But, I bet you knew all that.
            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-04-2018, 10:54 AM. Reason: Game location
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

After watching the Providi games this weekend, there were 2 vast improvements (for now at least)....the Wildcats held to a disciplined game plan and did a good job of shutting down the Friars....of course, Boutilier was huge, many times 1 on 1 in close! But the bigger improvements were with possession....if they can learn to control the puck,( show some confidence holding the puck) despite the zone or pressure........
              We’ve got 2 at Maine, 2 w/BU and 1 w/ BC left in HE....with the weekend coming up at Quinni for 2......hopefully the Wildcats use this weekends games to focus their game, get ready for the playoff stretch....they have a real good shot at home ice right now, as they are tied w/ Norgheastern for fourth now......Maine is 2 points ahead, BU 8 behind.....the playoffs are NOW! They have the team to get home ice and then who knows, we’ll worry about that in a month, but if they can focus on a strong defensive game and maintain possession, they’ll be okay......they can score and they have Boutilier......let’s do this Cats!

Comment

Sorry but I need to vent on this...... why did UNH decide to bus the team up to Maine, (app. 4 hrs) the day of the game, when they’re not only fighting for home ice, with only 5 conference games to go, with these 2 vs Maine 2 of those, with Maine 2 points ahead of them? Where is the freakin logic? We all know it would take at least 2 periods to get their legs back.....why chance losing 1/5 important games to go? An extra night in Orono isn’t exactly the same price as Boston! Absolutely irresponsible and biased......if the men’s team were fighting for home ice, would the same scenario hold? Disgraceful......btw, the game’s outcome...... a great come from behind tie for the Wildcats!🤯🤬🙉🙊🙈

Comment

Wish the game wasn’t during working hours so I could see what went on.....was UNH aggressive, defensive, what? Did BC have an off game and that’s it? Boutilier unreal? Yes just to take a game in Conte after 3/4 years should be enough I suppose....so now home ice depends on 2games vs BU, with Northeastern 1point behind......both teams have a home game, both play on the last Sunday of the season.......in past seasons, Coach Durocher had a strong enough team to physically outlast the Wildcats......not this year. I’m hoping UNH will make possession a priority.....I know they’ll give everything they have otherwise......whatever Coach Witt’s game plan, I just hope UNH the best.....the past 3 years we have been on the road for the first round and it was the difference......best of luck Wildcats.....go and get these game wins!💪💪🏒

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                    Was UNH aggressive?
                    Absolutely not. Trap city.

Did BC have an off game and that’s it?
                    This was certainly part of it, BC was super disjointed with their passing, but a lot if it was UNH clogging up the ice.
                    Boutilier unreal?
                    I would say yes, especially late.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Going into the final weekend of Hockey East regular season play, UNH is tied with Maine for 10th in Pairwise. We were 1 - 1 - 1 against them this season. Providence and Northestern are tied for 12th. We went 1 - 1 - 1 against the Friars, and 1 - 2 with the Huskies. While BU is still feeling the effects of a slow start, this weekend's home and away with the Terriers is going to be huge, and tough; the first game of the series was a tie. A lot riding on this - home ice, and depending on how the other teams jammed into 2 - 5 do, possibly a 3rd place finish.

Regardless of how the standings shake out, I think we could be in for some exciting post-season play!
                      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Page 4. Ugh.
                        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Omg freak how have you been
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Wow......1-6-1. Not looking too good for UNH. Power play....well keep throwing the same crap at the wall and eventually one of those point shots that the team tries to hammer in will take a lucky bounce. Tough to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by 3skaters View Post
                              Wow......1-6-1. Not looking too good for UNH. Power play....well keep throwing the same crap at the wall and eventually one of those point shots that the team tries to hammer in will take a lucky bounce. Tough to watch.
                              Unless you have some really competent shooters at the point, using that position as your primary point of attack on the PP is almost useless especially in our sport. Most point shots are either soft, off target, or blocked. Lots of other options available. Sounds like it's time to try something else instead! That's not too hard to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by 3skaters View Post
                                At this point, declining the PP would be the best PP. They are hanging tight with all these teams, but just can't get on the right side of the scoreboard. UConn didn't win a single HE game until after the new year, and they surged to the HEA Final game. Onward~
                                "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Working...
                                X