Rpi@rit 10/21/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rpi@rit 10/21/2017

Convincing score-but not as one sided as the numbers. Marshall made a ton of saves and RIT had too many good chances to call this a blow out. Let's get ready for Union-they have turned their bad start around quickly and next week will be the usual war.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

next week
      http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-RPI-(10-28-17)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That was not very good RIT team. But I will take the two points.
        And all that scoring should give the team some confidence going into next week.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          This has been a really productive weekend for RPI. Although last night's outcome was disappointing, the way that they battled back to tie by scoring 3 in the third showed what this team is made of. If anything this year, they will be a very resilient team. Yes, they need work defensively and Marshall needs to work on his goaltending, but it appears that they no longer rely on a their goaltender, which is a definite change from the past 11 years. It sounds like they found their offense, so hopefully now they know they can put the puck in the net and run with any team in the country. They are young, so all of this experience on the part of the freshmen and sophomores bodes well for the Engineers. If they keep gaining the confidence and discipline they need for the grind of the next 5 months, it may be a very surprising year in Troy.

ETA: There's something missing from the threads, I wonder what it is....
          it was quiet here.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            Isn't he the 15 year old? Sounds like quite the hothead, hopefully he matures.
            Before today he had only 1 minor in 9 games. This morning's game he had 4 minutes.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats to Coach Smith and Linden Marshall (and the rest of the freshmen) on picking up their first win at RPI.

Comment

Wow 8 goals. I'll take it, regardless of how good, or not, the opponent is. Couple that with a comeback last night to tie the game, I'll take this weekend.
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  Wow 8 goals. I'll take it, regardless of how good, or not, the opponent is. Couple that with a comeback last night to tie the game, I'll take this weekend.
                  All in all a good character night. Eight goals and a win for our rookie goaltender. One second away from a very good weekend.
                  Let's see some carryover to next weekend.

Comment

Just got back, here's some thoughts:

The first two of RIT's goals were exactly the same play: Our players either double-teaming someone on the strong side or missing an assignment, leaving the weak side guy wide open to trail to the net and put it in. Marshall had zero chance at those without making the Sportscentre Top 10, and that spelling is in context because we know ESPN doesn't know what hockey is. The third goal was a tough scrum and not much more to say about that. The peep show one was clearly no goal; it was right in front of us.

I don't know what Coach Smith said to the boys before the game, but we looked like we wanted to control the game for all 60 minutes. Even in the second period when RIT made some adjustments, we were still hungry out there, and then adjustments for the 3rd just sealed the deal.

That won faceoff and immediate goal was the first time I've seen that from us in about 7 years, when Malchuk won a clean faceoff to Bailen vs. Union while shorthanded (although Malchuk had to bury the rebound, it's still the same play). That is a most welcome addition, and I would not mind seeing it more often.

The 5v3 was absolutely ATROCIOUS! Everyone was just standing around, and there was zero puck movement whatsoever. Eventually they started moving around a little bit, but I knew that was going to get nowhere, especially when you compare to the great body AND puck movement we had on the 5v4.

Reilly did not really seem to have a good game at all. He ran into our own goalie a few times, and also seemed desperate to force some shots, especially on the power play that led to that clean break in the 3rd. If you're up 3 or 4 goals, there's no reason to force it. I don't know if it's just sophomore slump, more pressure with the draft selection, or what...

FlagDUDETTE mentioned that she really liked York's form, but wasn't too impressed with Wilson's game.

We are undefeated when I go to the games this year, but no, I'm not setting up a Patreon for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X