Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 199

Thread: Utica College 2017-2018 season

  1. #61
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    JUst good natured busting fishy, you know that Looks like UC is putting it all together, weird league with those cellar dwellers makin a lot of records look pretty good. BTW...prob no AQ for this league ?? Wasn't ECAC West about to get one ?
    Oh I know it, Shabby. Your comment made me laugh to myself... And you're right: that was the first nice thing I've said about Gary in years, but I do like how he's handling the team this season.

    And your other comment was spot-on, too. The ECAC W reformed itself, added some God-awful teams just for the sake of having the numbers to qualify for an AQ, and weakened the league in the process. The UCHC will have the requisite warm bodies to "earn" an AQ next season, while being far inferior to what the W was, top-to-bottom.

    Gotta love that D-3 "logic"!

  2. #62
    THE CLEANER
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    452

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    This would have been year 2 of the 2 year wait for the ECAC-W (I.e. they would have gotten it next season). Because of the change of league, this is year 1 of 2 for the UCHC. They will get it in 2019-20.
    The decision not to approve that waiver will be appealed. I can tell you that much. A successful appeal means it would still take effect for 18-19.
    Our bite is worse than our bark....
    Top guys, out.

  3. #63
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    Quote Originally Posted by vcxc3200 View Post
    The decision not to approve that waiver will be appealed. I can tell you that much. A successful appeal means it would still take effect for 18-19.
    Thanks for your insight, Ray -it's always appreciated- but it does beg this question: what is the point of intentionally diluting any conference, to the dubious end of making it "worthier" in the eyes of the ridiculous AQ process?

    The W whored-themselves out to this nonsense, and added two awful programs to get "better"... In the process, the W lost their flagship program (Hobart), and is a much worse conference as a result. That flies directly in the face of the whole D-3 AQ (non-) argument that "more is necessarily better". It's a profoundly stupid construct.

    (Anyhoo, Ray, we really miss your pre-game analyses on our drives in from the East. We used to show-up early and sit in the car to hear your show before every contest, while perhaps enjoying a beer.

    Now, we can't hear you at all... Are you on the UC student channel? I don't think we can get that over the air near The Aud. Get it back on ESPN-UR, already, please!)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-15-2017 at 09:07 PM.

  4. #64
    Elmira College Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Thanks for your insight, Ray -it's always appreciated- but it does beg this question: what is the point of intentionally diluting any conference, to the dubious end of making it "worthier" in the eyes of the ridiculous AQ process?

    The W whored-themselves out to this nonsense, and added two awful programs to get "better"... In the process, the W lost their flagship program (Hobart), and is a much worse conference as a result. That flies directly in the face of the whole D-3 AQ (non-) argument that "more is necessarily better". It's a profoundly stupid construct.

    (Anyhoo, Ray, we really miss your pre-game analyses on our drives in from the East. We used to show-up early and sit in the car to hear your show before every contest, while perhaps enjoying a beer.

    Now, we can't hear you at all... Are you on the UC student channel? I don't think we can get that over the air near The Aud. Get it back on ESPN-UR, already, please!)
    Utica sucked when they first started and what about Neumann?

  5. #65
    THE CLEANER
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Thanks for your insight, Ray -it's always appreciated- but it does beg this question: what is the point of intentionally diluting any conference, to the dubious end of making it "worthier" in the eyes of the ridiculous AQ process?

    The W whored-themselves out to this nonsense, and added two awful programs to get "better"... In the process, the W lost their flagship program (Hobart), and is a much worse conference as a result. That flies directly in the face of the whole D-3 AQ (non-) argument that "more is necessarily better". It's a profoundly stupid construct.

    (Anyhoo, Ray, we really miss your pre-game analyses on our drives in from the East. We used to show-up early and sit in the car to hear your show before every contest, while perhaps enjoying a beer.

    Now, we can't hear you at all... Are you on the UC student channel? I don't think we can get that over the air near The Aud. Get it back on ESPN-UR, already, please!)

    I am generally on 90.7 now for UC games with a few notable exceptions. During thanksgiving weekend i was online only due to lack of board ops. And then during teddy bear toss I was working TV, and they had some connection trouble on radio that night. But that's generally where to find me now. Safe bet is anytime after the Potsdam game, although i may be able to find a board op for that. I will follow up here when I know.

    Anyway, to your other question, I can say this. Right now the number is the number, and a newer institution that fits into the footprint really helps teams like Neumann and Stevenson with travel. The SOS results may not be immediately what a contender wants, but as soon as possible, our conference tourney champ won't have to sweat their fate on Sunday/Monday soon, and thats a welcome feeling after years of collectively biting our nails. I know it comes with growing pains, but in the long haul it will be worth it.

    For now, need to win big nonconference games. Adrian and Wego are going to be huge. A win against one and RNK is less of a liability in the room when judgment day arrives.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,105
    Quote Originally Posted by vcxc3200 View Post
    I am generally on 90.7 now for UC games with a few notable exceptions. During thanksgiving weekend i was online only due to lack of board ops. And then during teddy bear toss I was working TV, and they had some connection trouble on radio that night. But that's generally where to find me now. Safe bet is anytime after the Potsdam game, although i may be able to find a board op for that. I will follow up here when I know.
    .
    Anyway, to your other question, I can say this. Right now the number is the number, and a newer institution that fits into the footprint really helps teams like Neumann and Stevenson with travel. The SOS results may not be immediately what a contender wants, but as soon as possible, our conference tourney champ won't have to sweat their fate on Sunday/Monday soon, and thats a welcome feeling after years of collectively biting our nails. I know it comes with growing pains, but in the long haul it will be worth it.

    For now, need to win big nonconference games. Adrian and Wego are going to be huge. A win against one and RNK is less of a liability in the room when judgment day arrives.

    Uh, there are plenty of former #ProsWithGPAs within driving distance that can run a board💪🏻👍🏻😂

  7. #67
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    Quote Originally Posted by smbenny View Post
    Utica sucked when they first started and what about Neumann?
    No, they didn't. Do a little homework before you pop-off.

  8. #68
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    Quote Originally Posted by vcxc3200 View Post
    I am generally on 90.7 now for UC games with a few notable exceptions. During thanksgiving weekend i was online only due to lack of board ops. And then during teddy bear toss I was working TV, and they had some connection trouble on radio that night. But that's generally where to find me now. Safe bet is anytime after the Potsdam game, although i may be able to find a board op for that. I will follow up here when I know.

    Anyway, to your other question, I can say this. Right now the number is the number, and a newer institution that fits into the footprint really helps teams like Neumann and Stevenson with travel. The SOS results may not be immediately what a contender wants, but as soon as possible, our conference tourney champ won't have to sweat their fate on Sunday/Monday soon, and thats a welcome feeling after years of collectively biting our nails. I know it comes with growing pains, but in the long haul it will be worth it.

    For now, need to win big nonconference games. Adrian and Wego are going to be huge. A win against one and RNK is less of a liability in the room when judgment day arrives.
    UC definitely has a few games on the table that will likely be key in the selection process. If, somehow, Utica could take 2 of 3 from Adrian, Oswego and Endicott in the aggregate, I'd expect them to get a bid.

    Still, it's been a silly expansion for the (former) W to look for an AQ. The travel is absurd by D-3 standards, and the conference is (ironically) much weaker as a whole.

    Give me a PWR, an RPI, or a KRACH to select the field, instead of adding cannon-fodder teams to somehow "qualify" for the tournament.

    D-3 needs to enter the modern age, FCS.

    P.S.: 90.7 isn't audible throughout most of Utica, nevermind elsewhere. All us UC fans to the East never hear Word One re: the skinny on the scratches, the injuries, and all the other good stuff you bring to the table, and we all bemoan that fact.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-16-2017 at 09:58 PM.

  9. #69
    Elmira College Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    No, they didn't. Do a little homework before you pop-off.
    They weren’t good. Is that better?

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    UC definitely has a few games on the table that will likely be key in the selection process. If, somehow, Utica could take 2 of 3 from Adrian, Oswego and Endicott in the aggregate, I'd expect them to get a bid.

    Still, it's been a silly expansion for the (former) W to look for an AQ. The travel is absurd by D-3 standards, and the conference is (ironically) much weaker as a whole.

    Give me a PWR, an RPI, or a KRACH to select the field, instead of adding cannon-fodder teams to somehow "qualify" for the tournament.

    D-3 needs to enter the modern age, FCS.
    Travel out west is absurd. period.

  11. #71
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    Quote Originally Posted by smbenny View Post
    They weren’t good. Is that better?
    You can mince words until your little face turns blue, but Utica has always been -at the very least- a factor in the W... Not so much, the drove of bottom-feeders that the UCHC has recently added.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-16-2017 at 09:59 PM.

  12. #72
    Oswego State Great Laker
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,843

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    Big game as #10 visits # 8 this Sat. Pack the foil for the knuckles Pioneer.....

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,250

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    Quote Originally Posted by OZFEST View Post
    Big game as #10 visits # 8 this Sat. Pack the foil for the knuckles Pioneer.....
    and The U as added Rutkowski on D from the Lakers..

  14. #74
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,591

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    No, they didn't. Do a little homework before you pop-off.
    Fact: Utica and Neumann entered the ECAC West at the same time. Neumann was pathetic, and Utica was mediocre.

    Records for the first 3 years of each team:

    Utica 36 - 35 - 1
    Neumann 6 - 66 - 2

    Neuman's fourth season was also really bad, but how many ECACW conference titles did each of those two win?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    Fact: Utica and Neumann entered the ECAC West at the same time. Neumann was pathetic, and Utica was mediocre.

    Records for the first 3 years of each team:

    Utica 36 - 35 - 1
    Neumann 6 - 66 - 2

    Neuman's fourth season was also really bad, but how many ECACW conference titles did each of those two win?
    One of those teams hasnt bought themselves a national championship though

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    174

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    We have been traveling and have not been on the forum recently. The question, is Adam Krug#1 not actually the Adrian coach. Please inform us .

  17. #77
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,845
    Quote Originally Posted by lakont55 View Post
    We have been traveling and have not been on the forum recently. The question, is Adam Krug#1 not actually the Adrian coach. Please inform us .
    Of course he isn't.

  18. #78
    Oswego State Great Laker
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,843

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    Its Remy

  19. #79
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,562
    Quote Originally Posted by OZFEST View Post
    Its Remy
    Remy is way to busy for that, but I will give a +1 for the NCAA dig lol

  20. #80
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

    The KRACH was up today, and I noticed that it has UC at 7-2. Apparently the games v. Chatham, King's and Stevenson won't be counted in that context. Wonder if the selection committee will discount them too..?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •