Utica College 2017-2018 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

UC had better not look ahead to Elmira, Neumann is always dangerous this time of year.
    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

• Originally posted by jconnor View Post
      UC had better not look ahead to Elmira, Neumann is always dangerous this time of year.
      Thought the season was over early in 3rd....but guys took care of business for a 5-2 win.
      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
        Thought the season was over early in 3rd....but guys took care of business for a 5-2 win.
        I hear you, brother. It appeared that Heenan had installed some of vague "wrinkle" in UC's approach, and it definitely wasn't working in any fashion. If Virtanen hadn't been great through 2, that contest would have over after 2.

Thankfully, in the 3rd, the team went back to the fundamental "north" hockey that's gotten it this far. (And how..! A very inspired do-or-die effort. Utica just hammered NC into submission throughout the 3rd.)

OK, Pioneer fans, UC probably has its fate in its own hands right now... This crew of Seniors we watch now possesses a lot of talent and on-ice leadership, and I'm not betting against them on Saturday, not matter who they face.

Comment

It's Elmira.
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I'm actually good with that right now. Should be a great game.

Comment

I got to my first UC game yest, halfway thru the second period, it was 0-0. Virtanen gave up two very bad goals, I was very surprised. Shot from the point brought UC back into the game, 2-1 after two. Virtanen appeared to me to be very nervous, several close no goals on not very quality shots.

About halfway in, bam, bam, bam in less than a minute, Neumann's goalie looked equally as weak. I haven't seen three goals that quick in a long time, it was great. Will Elmira game be in the afternoon(Comets home) ?

Also lot's of help in the regional rankings, Oswego lost it's third in a row and several others lost including Salve and Buff State, will be very interesting Tuesday.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                I got to my first UC game yest, halfway thru the second period, it was 0-0. Virtanen gave up two very bad goals, I was very surprised. Shot from the point brought UC back into the game, 2-1 after two. Virtanen appeared to me to be very nervous, several close no goals on not very quality shots.

About halfway in, bam, bam, bam in less than a minute, Neumann's goalie looked equally as weak. I haven't seen three goals that quick in a long time, it was great. Will Elmira game be in the afternoon(Comets home) ?

Also lot's of help in the regional rankings, Oswego lost it's third in a row and several others lost including Salve and Buff State, will be very interesting Tuesday.
                Not really a lot help Shabby, aside from Buff state being eliminated. Salve will be in ahead of UC regardless, IMO, and I kinda doubt that Owsego falls behind UC in the rankings.

Utica,IMO:

A. Needs to win on Saturday.

B. Probably needs Hobart, UNE and Geneseo to win their AQ's.

Comment

OK Reading the Oz thread their posters are saying Oz is out after three str8 losses. That slanted me a little.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    OK Reading the Oz thread their posters are saying Oz is out after three str8 losses. That slanted me a little.
                    IDK, that remains to be seen. Having Oswego drop out of the top-7 couldn't hurt UC, though.

Comment

Got my tickets for next Saturday! Looking forward to my first game at the Aud aka Adirondack Bank Center.
                      2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                        Got my tickets for next Saturday! Looking forward to my first game at the Aud aka Adirondack Bank Center.
                        You'll like it; it's all spruced-up with Jumbo-trons and everything! (And, with any luck, they'll confiscate your cowbell at the metal detector. )

Comment

Did my homework on Elmira's first line, it was mentioned here that they're very good. Holy moly, 54 goals and 129 points ! Tough game, UC loses they're out of NCAA's. On the bubble now at #7 regional rankings they need a win AND help.

So many upsets in D3 playoffs I'm not even going to try to figure it out, Plymouth lost last night, think Buff State lost but jumped back into the rankings. How the hey do they figure things out in that smoke filled room.

What do you think fish, if UC wins(not sure that's going to happen against a team that hammered them twice) do you think they have a chance. Who do we root for to win or lose this weekend? Very confusing, not like D1.

Comment

IMO, for UC to be in the best possible position for a bid the following MUST happen:
                            1. UC must win (obviously)
                            2. UNE must win
                            3. Hobart must win

The following would be ideal but do not necessarily have to happen*:
                            1. Geneseo wins
                            2. Trinity wins twice
                            *if either lose they need to fall below UC in east rank. If not, UC is dead in the water.

If the five numbered things DO happen, the last bid will boil down to a UC/Marian comparison in the smoky room.

Comment

What beer does the Aud sell? Not a fan of the craft beer.
                              2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                                What beer does the Aud sell? Not a fan of the craft beer.
                                Many popular domestic brands including Saranac. Not every concession has the same beers so wander around. Also check out Kilfoil's Irish Pub in the lower level near section 115 for imports.

Comment

Working...
                                X