Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    i don't practice santeria
    I ain't got no crystal ball

Comment

Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

$40,000.00 in premiums?

Screw it; bank the $40k, pay the penalty.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/heal...87144.html#fmp
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

As if premiums weren't going up a lot with our aging population before ACA...

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          $40,000.00 in premiums?

Screw it; bank the $40k, pay the penalty.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/heal...87144.html#fmp
          Sure. And then if you have a budget busting illness or some sort declare bankruptcy. Good plan.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            As if premiums weren't going up a lot with our aging population before ACA...
            I'll save Kep the trouble because I just know he'll come and say it here on this subject ...
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

That's not what whataboutism is, you of all people should know since you do it all the time.

Also like how your plan if you get a life threatening illness is to declare bankruptcy and have the taxpayer pay for your healthcare. So much for self sufficiency lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Sure. And then if you have a budget busting illness or some sort declare bankruptcy. Good plan.
                Life is a series of calculated risks.

How many times have you incurred $40k worth of medical expenses in a year?

For that number I'd say you're far better off with a major (catastrophic) medical policy and paying for the "normal" stuff out of pocket.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

That's not what whataboutism is, you of all people should know since you do it all the time.

Also like how your plan if you get a life threatening illness is to declare bankruptcy and have the taxpayer pay for your healthcare. So much for self sufficiency lmao.
                  The best part is how the bankruptcy laws favor the rich and powerful and the corporations that are rich and powerful. Screw the little guy.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I ain't got no crystal ball
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

For that number I'd say you're far better off with a major (catastrophic) medical policy and paying for the "normal" stuff out of pocket.
                      Then why require any kind of insurance? How many times has your house burned down? How many times have you been involved in a serious accident?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Just gambled on that with my 18 year old daughter. The catastrophic plan she was able to get was $140 a month vs. the $500 no matter how many children you have option with my employer.

The catastropic plan has an out of pocket of less than $10,000. So, I could lose $4000 on the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Then why require any kind of insurance? How many times has your house burned down? How many times have you been involved in a serious accident?
                          Why require anything maaaaaaaaan, libertarianism worked so well back in the late 1800's ya see, errrr wait, I mean it's never been tried yet but if it was it would work so well!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I wouldn't require any kind of insurance, but don't expect any sort of assistance because of your choice either.

House? Never. < knock wood> Happened to friends (lightning) recently. I carry max deductible. It's a necessary evil I choose.

And I've been broadsided by a drunk going the highway speed limit (55) but on a city street (25).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The whole point of car insurance being required is if someone hits you their insurance ensures that you get compensated. With health insurance it ensures that people don't abuse the ER and make everyone pay for their catastrophic health issues.

Comment

The whole point of car insurance being required is if someone hits you their insurance ensures that you get compensated. With health insurance it ensures that people don't abuse the ER and make everyone pay for their catastrophic health issues.
                                Doesn't medical insurance compensate the medical service provider the same way auto insurance compensates the owner of the car hit?

In each case society runs better if the party who may require compensation is assured of it.

That's the logic of requiring medical insurance, to me.

The alternative is letting an uninsured party die on the table for making a bad gamble (or a child for her parents making a bad gamble). I guess that's a way of running a libertarian state, but it's not where I want to live.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X