Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I really don't. I always thought they were just a more boring, more Chamber of Commerce, whiter (or at least paler) version of Catholics.

I had no idea there were herpa-derp Lutherans. I thought they were all mid-level managers at insurance companies and banks, with 2.5 children and 1 lifetime sex partner not counting livestock.
    The WELS guys have some offshoots in WI, and it gets pretty...interesting. Some of them are Jesus-Riding-Dinosaurs crazies.

I have to say, regardless of the weird things done during Catholic Mass, with the body and blood of Christ, the huge amounts of guilt built into the Mass ("through my fault, my fault, my most grievous fault"), at least they don't seem to turn out the whack-a-doodles with New Earth leanings. They are pretty staunch pro-lifers, not surprisingly, but at least they're not trying to kill science, math, and the rest of education in general.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Oh don't you worry, Scooby, the IRS has your back. https://www.infowars.com/irs-to-bloc...e-disclosures/

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        The WELS guys have some offshoots in WI, and it gets pretty...interesting. Some of them are Jesus-Riding-Dinosaurs crazies.

I have to say, regardless of the weird things done during Catholic Mass, with the body and blood of Christ, the huge amounts of guilt built into the Mass ("through my fault, my fault, my most grievous fault"), at least they don't seem to turn out the whack-a-doodles with New Earth leanings. They are pretty staunch pro-lifers, not surprisingly, but at least they're not trying to kill science, math, and the rest of education in general.
        Catholic intellectual is a legitimate thing.

Not a lot of Baptist intellectuals.

Just sayin'.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This woman's husband is the Health and Human Services Secretary...

https://politicalwire.com/2017/10/20...v-quarantined/
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The cities are taking care of themselves. The country is about 80% urban now.

I wonder if Vermont will turn f-ckwit. It's the second-most rural state after Maine, which seems to be getting dumber by the year.
            I'd guess New Hampster. It's already full of anti-tax "libertarian" nutjobs.

Comment

England - It's not healthy to live there

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ists-lengthen/
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                England - It's not healthy to live there

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ists-lengthen/
                Orthopaedic and fertility treatments != emergent or urgent care.

Comment

Subscribed
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I'd guess New Hampster. It's already full of anti-tax "libertarian" nutjobs.
                    There's another population in NH of blue collar Bostonians who made money in construction or through their cop pensions and then moved up to NH to quote get away from all the n-ggers.

It's a lovely state.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's another population in NH of blue collar Bostonians who made money in construction or through their cop pensions and then moved up to NH to quote get away from all the n-ggers.

It's a lovely state.
                      And the taxes and intrusive government?

Live Free or Die!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        And the taxes and intrusive government?

Live Free or Die!
                        Don't you know, everything has to be for racist reasons!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Don't you know, everything has to be for racist reasons!
                          I'm directly quoting somebody but yeah, you and Alex know them better than they do themselves.
                          Cornell University

Comment

WASHINGTON — In signing a recent executive order, President Trump promised that millions of Americans could soon obtain “great, great health care” through inexpensive plans that offer consumers options they had been denied under the Affordable Care Act.

But these health plans, created for small businesses, have a darker side: They have a long history of fraud and abuse that have left employers and employees with hundreds of millions of dollars in unpaid medical bills.

The problems are described in dozens of court cases and enforcement actions taken over more than a decade by federal and state officials who regulate the type of plans Mr. Trump is encouraging, known as association health plans.

In many cases, the Labor Department said, it has targeted “unscrupulous promoters who sell the promise of inexpensive health benefit insurance, but default on their obligations.” In several cases, it has found that people managing these health plans diverted premiums to their personal use.

Marc I. Machiz, who investigated insurance fraud as a Labor Department lawyer for more than 20 years, said the executive order was “summoning back demons from the deep.”

“Fraudulent association health plans have left hundreds of thousands of people with unpaid claims,” he said. “They operate in a regulatory never-never land between the Department of Labor and state insurance regulators.”
                            https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/u...imes&smtyp=cur

This is another reason Obamacare happened. This is another reason why the State's cannot be trusted with your Health Care. It is amazing how every single bad idea that was fixed by Obamacare is somehow every new idea Trump and the GOP have for fixing it. WHERE ARE THE NEW IDEAS???????????????????????????
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I don't know Scoobs, I've had plenty of people out here tell me the ACA was just a conservative bill that did nothing for anybody, so maybe from a lefty perspective we're all better off if it gets repealed???
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Anyone care to explain this? The mandate is a tax increase to help pay for health care. How does repealing that save the Treasury money for tax cuts?

Oh, right. Tax cuts means more money which means more money for TAX CUTS.

The country will be Kansas before he's done. Enjoy.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X