Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I’m a catholic teacher and I found out two of my students had pre martial sex. Girl is pregnant. I refuse to teach those shameful whores!
    Or maybe I’m a firefighter and the house that just called supports people having contraception, so I decide to put my fire hose away
    You're talking apples and oranges. But bigotry against Catholics is nothing new in this country.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      You're talking apples and oranges. But bigotry against Catholics is nothing new in this country.
      We're ALL God's children. Every time Catholics forget about that they get what they deserve.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Oh yes, us poor Catholics.

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          You might want to **** she is a Catholic.

Keep trying to play the oppressed one though...trust me when I tell you Jesus does not support you and your spiteful bigotry.

Of all the groups in this country oppressed joe, you and your ilk dont even rank in the top 50. But you and Flaggy can pretend otherwise...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            We're ALL God's children. Every time Catholics forget about that they get what they deserve.
            The word of God only matters when it backs up their hatred Scooby. I mean God loves everyone, except all the people they dont like. God never makes mistakes, but yet everyone they hate is a mistake in the eyes of God. Lying is a sin, unless they are doing it then it is for the greater good. Adultery is despised, unless it is one them getting caught. Judge not, unless they make you feel icky then judge away!

Lest we forget, the pious went for Trump...a philandering, stealing money whore who lies on a second by second basis and has zero compassion for anyone. I mean if that doesnt say Jesus I dont know what does!!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              The word of God only matters when it backs up their hatred Scooby. I mean God loves everyone, except all the people they dont like. God never makes mistakes, but yet everyone they hae is a mistake in the eyes of God. Lying is a sin, unless they are doing it then it is for the greater good. Judge not, unless they make you feel icky then judge away!

Lest we forget, the pious went for Trump...a philandering, stealing money whore who lies on a second by second basis and has zero compassion for anyone. I mean if that doesnt say Jesus I dont know what does!!
              It's pretty simple to me. The Gospels. That's Christianity. You start in with me and it's not including in those books than shut the **** up.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                It's pretty simple to me. The Gospels. That's Christianity. You start in with me and it's not including in those books than shut the **** up.
                I take a more broad view (as a lapsed Jew) but whatever works. If you are on the side of protecting people and doing well towards others then you are doing right by whatever higher power exists. If you use faith to hate and discriminate then I dont care what God exists (if any exists) they arent with you. Jesus looks upon people like joe and wonders how his hippy dippy message of love and turning the other cheek became what it became.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In the last page, y'all've just gone further towards justifying the point I made earlier about how the only concern is making sure someone else is forced to exercise your beliefs. Our country was founded upon the belief that religion, defined in its broadest sense to also include one's lack thereof (agnosticism as it was mentioned), is not something to be established nor prohibited by a government in application to any person. If the government wishes to take interest in the health care of someone, the only real choice they have is to non-denominationally do it themselves. But that doesn't mean they should prohibit the private practice by others who have established a religion, because then the government is establishing agnosticism as the official religion, not to mention destroying the fabric of the communities established by religious organizations. If you're concerned that the doctor caring for you or your loved one is discriminating against you, that is why "second opinion" laws exist. Find the opinion of someone non-denominational or in agreement with your belief set, and go with that.

I'm sure some will try to make the ends justify the means as they already have through hypothetical arguments, and it is the responsibility of hospitals to account for that, not a government lobby. However, what's truly at stake here is the two-way street of religious freedom. There are plenty of ways to come up with a compromise so that everyone is satisfied.

Comment

Im pretty sure what we want is people to perform their jobs regardless of belief or non belief.

If you can't touch pork, dont become a butcher.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

It would also help if the beliefs people held were actually part of their religion.

Pretty sure any bible you read doesnt have a section telling you to hate brown people.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        It would also help if the beliefs people held were actually part of their religion.

Pretty sure any bible you read doesnt have a section telling you to hate brown people.
                        Maybe we can have a rule when you pick and choose the Bible sections to justify not doing their job, they have to also include following everything in that particular book.

I'm pretty certain actually following Leviticus would have these oh so pious folks changing their tune
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Im pretty sure what we want is people to perform their jobs regardless of belief or non belief.

If you can't touch pork, dont become a butcher.
                          I look forward to you telling this to the Kosher and Halal butchers.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Maybe we can have a rule when you pick and choose the Bible sections to justify not doing their job, they have to also include following everything in that particular book.

I'm pretty certain actually following Leviticus would have these oh so pious folks changing their tune
                            Certainly some interesting stuff in all of the religious texts.

One truth you can definitely hold about religion is that, too many times in our past and present, it has been used as a means of controlling a population. Regardless of how devout, literal, or contextual it may be. All I want to see is respect and tolerance. I want to practice my beliefs, you want to practice yours. If we don't infringe upon each other, we'll get along just fine, and possibly even evolve our beliefs, which is how a number of religions have started, including Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I look forward to you telling this to the Kosher and Halal butchers.
                              You dont know the difference between a butcher and a Health Care worker? Even you arent that simple...

How about this Snowflake...if said religious person works for an origination that is funded by religion (say a Church sponsored hospital) they can refuse. If not they can feel free to quit and find another job.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Think about all the rural areas with few doctors as it is...you let doctors now opt out for their snowflake beliefs and people won’t get treated.

Comment

Working...
                                X