Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    You would think they would seize the moment and actually do something positive about healthcare.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You mean rather than sabotage it?
    Go Gophers!

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

You would think they would seize the moment and actually do something positive about healthcare.

rotflmao
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Lol

The GOP doesn’t want to do anything positive about healthcare

Comment

I've have a puff of whatever it is you're smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            Lol

The GOP doesn’t want to do anything positive about healthcare
            They can't. Obama pushed through the only GOP healthcare idea of the last 25-30 years. Every other idea is to the left.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              They can't. Obama pushed through the only GOP healthcare idea of the last 25-30 years. Every other idea is to the left.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

His wonderful ruling isn’t having a positive impact on the markets today.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  I read the GOP isnt real happy about the ruling. As it puts healthcare back in the spotlight, which they've already failed at. So they'd prefer dems didnt have that talking point for 2 yrs.
                  Its horrific for them. Keeps the country litigating an issue that the GOP has no defense for. Why exactly do they want no protections for people with pre-existing conditions? Even their corporate paymasters don't object to that, which again is proof positive that Nazis, and not country club billionaires, are now running the GOP.

Having said all that, unless he's had a sudden change of heart one would expect Roberts to swat aside this one as well. I wouldn't be the mortgage on the guy, but if he wanted to can the ACA he's already had two chances to do so.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I'm all for having Obamacare. But I think D House should negotiate with high standards and not compromise. This is something the Rs need to wear politically...and the hope is that 2020 goes well so that Ds can institute healthcare as it should be.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      I read the GOP isnt real happy about the ruling. As it puts healthcare back in the spotlight, which they've already failed at. So they'd prefer dems didnt have that talking point for 2 yrs.
                      That's either pure propaganda, or they're getting it from a Never Trumper. Given how much the average citizen is having to fork over for effectively crap (especially in the corporate world), it should be talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Having said all that, unless he's had a sudden change of heart one would expect Roberts to swat aside this one as well. I wouldn't be the mortgage on the guy, but if he wanted to can the ACA he's already had two chances to do so.
                        My hope is that Roberts says, "The law was just fine - it was the removal of the mandate that was an unconstitutional action on the part of Congress, so Congress has to put that provision back. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, GOP."

No idea if that's actually a possible outcome based on the language in the suit, etc, but it would make me so happy....
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          My hope is that Roberts says, "The law was just fine - it was the removal of the mandate that was an unconstitutional action on the part of Congress, so Congress has to put that provision back. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, GOP."

No idea if that's actually a possible outcome based on the language in the suit, etc, but it would make me so happy....
                          Not a lawyer but it seems to me the argument is that if a tax is ever suspended for any reason that makes whatever the tax is supporting unconstitutional. So basically if your local govt suspends the property tax for a couple of years to lure a new employer, all property taxes are therefore unconstitutional? The individual mandate is still the law. All the Goopers did is lower the penalty to zero. Well, tax rates rise and fall all the time. Dems will most likely raise it back up along with a lot of other taxes as soon as they're able if past history is any guide. What that has to do with say expanding Medicaid or kids staying on parents insurance until 26 or ban on pre-existing conditions discrimination is beyond me but I suspect this was merely a case of judge shopping for a known wingnut.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            That's either pure propaganda, or they're getting it from a Never Trumper. Given how much the average citizen is having to fork over for effectively crap (especially in the corporate world), it should be talked about.
                            given that a GOP in control of house, senate, and WH couldn't get anything done. They dont have anything to talk about. Just their failure to deliver on promises.

Pretty easy to see why they wouldn't want that discussion going in to another election cycle.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Wasn't it Roberts who told the Republicans that if they want the parts of PPACA they don't like gone that they should do it through Congress? And now you think it should be legislated from the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                His wonderful ruling isn’t having a positive impact on the markets today.
                                Oh, so we have to keep bad legislation around because corporate valuations can no longer be propped up by the artificial lack of elasticity in a product? Cry me a river.

Comment

Working...
                                X