Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

They have an app for EVERYTHING!

The creators of the app have claimed the app is as effective as the contraceptive pill after a study from September where 22,785 women found the app was 93 per cent effective in preventing pregnancies. ...

In a statement to SVT, Natural Cycles said: "No contraception is 100 per cent and unwanted pregnancies is an unfortunate risk with any contraception."

"To have 37 unwanted pregnancies out of the 668 mentioned in this study at Södersjukhuset means that 5.5 per cent of women who stated they used Natural Cycles also had an unwanted pregnancy.

"This is in line with what we communicate as the risk of unwanted pregnancy with typical use, and which is comparable to other types of contraception.”
    Let's see. The approval came when they had 93% effectivity; now they have 94.5% effectivity and it's no good? (Yes, yes, smaller sample size in second group.)

http://www.whimn.com.au/talk/news/th...c3762fdc6a1dd2

Figured this belonged in the PPACA thread because the app would be covered under Obamacare, wouldn't it?

PS - Don't tell the millenials the Catholic Church has a name for this app.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

DHHS to create "Division of Conscience and Religious Freedom" to protect the religious rights of healthcare workers who have moral objections to treating someone whose lifestyle they don't like.

Or, to put it another way:

How about this. If you don't like what the job requires you to do, don't sign up to do the job? I'd love to have the freedom to pick and choose what I do at work, but I rarely enjoy that luxury.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-18-2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        DHHS to create "Division of Conscience and Religious Freedom" to protect the religious rights of healthcare workers who have moral objections to treating someone whose lifestyle they don't like.

Or, to put it another way:

How about this. If you don't like what the job requires you to do, don't sign up to do the job? I'd love to have the freedom to pick and choose what I do at work, but I rarely enjoy that luxury.
        It's called the First Amendment. You cannot prevent the free exercise to religion. Even the most left of the left, New York State, understands this. Fidelis is the insurer that handles most of the Medicaid clients around here. However, they are a Roman Catholic organization, and do not believe in contraceptives. When that request comes, the state pops in and, instead of beating Fidelis down, subsidizes that which Fidelis won't themselves for those that want it.

It's called actually shopping around for what you want. But this line of arguing tells me the quibble isn't even about free exercise of your beliefs, but rather forcing a set of beliefs onto others.

Comment

Can you ask religion based questions in hiring? I'd assume not. So this seems difficult if the person isnt up front about what they wont do.

Also does freedom of religion apply to the corporate entity itself, or just the people working there? I'd assume the latter.

And in an extreme case, could a doctor let an lgbt person die on moral objection to saving them?
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

If you're not going to treat everyone equally than no Doctor license. Done. Period. What religion is this anyway? Jesus would never turn those people away.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              If you're not going to treat everyone equally than no Doctor license. Done. Period. What religion is this anyway? Jesus would never turn those people away.
              Religion hasnt been about the word of Jesus in 2000 years. Its about saying you are a good person and then being a selfish a-hole in practice.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                It's called the First Amendment. You cannot prevent the free exercise to religion. Even the most left of the left, New York State, understands this. Fidelis is the insurer that handles most of the Medicaid clients around here. However, they are a Roman Catholic organization, and do not believe in contraceptives. When that request comes, the state pops in and, instead of beating Fidelis down, subsidizes that which Fidelis won't themselves for those that want it.

It's called actually shopping around for what you want. But this line of arguing tells me the quibble isn't even about free exercise of your beliefs, but rather forcing a set of beliefs onto others.
                Who is telling them they cant practice religion Snowflake? Talk about a Straw Man. No one is saying doctors cant be Christian we are saying they cant use their religious beliefs to have them deny other people...not that you would understand the difference.

We all know how you would feel though if this was to protect a Muslim doctor...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Who is telling them they cant practice religion Snowflake? Talk about a Straw Man. No one is saying doctors cant be Christian we are saying they cant use their religious beliefs to have them deny other people...not that you would understand the difference.

We all know how you would feel though if this was to protect a Muslim doctor...
                  I'm a Catholic doctor. You want contraceptives or an abortion? Find another doctor.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    I'm a Catholic doctor. You want contraceptives or an abortion? Find another doctor.
                    You're fired. And you just lost your license.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I’m an agnostic shipping company worker so therefore I can’t handle this shipment of bibles boss because it goes against my beliefs.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        I’m an agnostic shipping company worker so therefore I can’t handle this shipment of bibles boss because it goes against my beliefs.
                        You're fired.

Comment

You're fired.
                          Exactly.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

You're fired. And you just lost your license.
                            I am the King's good servant, but God's first.

I may be fired, but I'd find a different place to work that is compatible with my beliefs. And I'll keep the license.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You're fired.
                              I’m a catholic teacher and I found out two of my students had pre martial sex. Girl is pregnant. I refuse to teach those shameful whores!
                              Or maybe I’m a firefighter and the house that just called supports people having contraception, so I decide to put my fire hose away

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                I am the King's good servant, but God's first.

I may be fired, but I'd find a different place to work that is compatible with my beliefs. And I'll keep the license.
                                You're not God's servant.

Comment

Working...
                                X