Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Think about all the rural areas with few doctors as it is...you let doctors now opt out for their snowflake beliefs and people won’t get treated.
    Having lived in such an area myself, our county had (at the time; I don't live there now) a Public Health department that was non-denominational. I'm fairly certain many other counties have something similar. As I said before, if you want your government to have non-denominational services, they're going to have to do it themselves. Zero need to force ol' Joe into that if he doesn't want to. And people wonder why there's such a shortage of that sort of thing in this country; I guarantee you it's not because of intelligence...

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Think about all the rural areas with few doctors as it is...you let doctors now opt out for their snowflake beliefs and people won’t get treated.
      If they want to trust their pre-natal to Jesus, let them. The smart people will do what they have always done: move to the city.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        If they want to trust their pre-natal to Jesus, let them. The smart people will do what they have always done: move to the city.
        Because it's real smart to pay $1500 a month to rent a 200 sq ft coffin apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Because it's real smart to pay $1500 a month to rent a 200 sq ft coffin apartment.
          Its not real smart if that encompasses your city alternative.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Its not real smart if that encompasses your city alternative.
            Closest major city to me (whether American or Canadian), it certainly does. Heck, I remember HGTV rejecting Property Brothers because of it.

Comment

About your touted single payer: http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/23/do...d-burns-again/

No non-urgent surgeries until at least February in the UK. And that country doesn't nearly have the population of the US.

Oh BTW, there's already a single payer system in this country: It's called the VA.
              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-23-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

This could be good if it happens

http://www.trinity-health.org/body.c...detail&ref=134
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  That is good news. This might even be better news.

Amazon just took a surprising turn into the healthcare industry, teaming up with investing hero Warren Buffet and New York-based bank JPMorgan Chase, the Washington Post reports. The project is still in the planning stages, so there isn't yet a lot of info on what form it will take. The idea, however, is to reduce costs while improving patient care with the aid of technology.
                  "The healthcare system is complex, and we enter into this challenge open-eyed about the degree of difficulty," he said in a statement. "Hard as it might be, reducing healthcare's burden on the economy while improving outcomes for employees and their families would be worth the effort. Success is going to require talented experts, a beginner's mind, and a long-term orientation."
                  https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/30/...pmorgan-chase/
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    That is good news. This might even be better news.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/30/...pmorgan-chase/
                    Great news.
                    Now I need to get a job with them.

Comment

This cracks me up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/u...imes&smtyp=cur
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Fine with me. Health insurance is a personal choice and should not be mandated.

Access to health care should be available to all.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Let the red states wither and die. Federalism today; federalism tomorrow; federalism forever.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

That is the most expensive solution available. You got the money for that?

Comment

That is the most expensive solution available. You got the money for that?
                              Lol. You know what he meant

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

So the devout Catholic on the board is all for letting people die if they make the stupid choice to forgo health insurance. Because stupidity = death sentence, apparently.

How very Christian.

Comment

Working...
                                X