Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
    What if you have buck teeth?
    Stronger rubber
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

I found this Commentary article in our local paper fascinating today.

http://www.startribune.com/editorial...ons/491934911/

The way it is written there was NOTHING wrong with health care until the ACA/MNSure came into being. Everything was perfect. It's quite fascinating how it's written. I hope there is a response in a future paper.

I await his and his other Republicans ideas on how to fix health care in this country. As of yet I've seen none offered and I have searched high and low.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part VI: Tax Cuts Are More Important Than Your Health Care!

Don't get sick or pregnant, and never lose your job until you're old enough for Medicare. That's the Republican healthcare plan.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Don't get sick or pregnant, and never lose your job until you're old enough for Medicare. That's the Republican healthcare plan.
          Correct. And now they have the health plans back that cause Medical Bankruptcy. You roll the dice with these plans and you lose (get sick the wrong way) and your done financially for life.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

But people don't want that, Bernie. Look at how they threw you all out of office the minute you passed Obamacare.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              But people don't want that, Bernie. Look at how they threw you all out of office the minute you passed Obamacare.
              Actually they do.

And the reason they got thrown out is because they wanted single payer and relief from the financial crisis. They got neither and people were rightfully ****ed.

Comment

I take back what I said in August.

Don't get old, that is now the Republican healthcare plan. At least Yertle the Turtle is finally admitting it.

I hope he and Trump both die slow, agonizing deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I take back what I said in August.

Don't get old, that is now the Republican healthcare plan. At least Yertle the Turtle is finally admitting it.

I hope he and Trump both die slow, agonizing deaths.
                  Too bad there's not a way to get a popular vote on the 2020 national ballot to pass a constitutional amendment that Congress had to use the public's most popular choice on Obamacare or Medicare.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    Actually they do.

And the reason they got thrown out is because they wanted single payer and relief from the financial crisis. They got neither and people were rightfully ****ed.
                    All the more reason to elect and hire the Republicans.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/u...pf1Ya3GGRKg_n0

Here's what living under Republican Health Care does to people.

Comment

I am now getting 3-4 calls a day from random numbers in Jersey trying to sell me the fake Trump Plans. As if I dont get enough spam calls already...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I am now getting 3-4 calls a day from random numbers in Jersey trying to sell me the fake Trump Plans. As if I dont get enough spam calls already...
                          Only Jersey? I get them from Jersey 3-4 times in the a.m., and the exact same calls from Kentucky 3-4 times in the p.m..

Comment

California seems to be starting in the PM today.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There was a startling statistic on Nova this week. Opioid addiction is killing so many people it’s like a full 737 crashing every single day.

Could you imagine the response if planes started falling out the sky daily?

I know we have seen some movement on this, but my god. I don’t feel like it’s within four orders of magnitude the response we would see. Delta, United, Boeing, and Airbus would all have their CEOs locked up. How these pain pill companies have survived thus far without any repercussions is astonishing.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                There was a startling statistic on Nova this week. Opioid addiction is killing so many people it’s like a full 737 crashing every single day.

Could you imagine the response if planes started falling out the sky daily?

I know we have seen some movement on this, but my god. I don’t feel like it’s within four orders of magnitude the response we would see. Delta, United, Boeing, and Airbus would all have their CEOs locked up. How these pain pill companies have survived thus far without any repercussions is astonishing.
                                Absolutely correct. I know I get a little tiresome bringing up the harm caused by Big Sugar, but it's the same dynamic. We start wars over injuries that are small in comparison, for two primary reasons: 1) monkey brain fear of threat associated with a different tribe 2) manipulated by chess masters who profit from war in some way. Otherwise, those deaths caused by opioids or sugar or alcohol, unless they immediately affect us, are like Auden described in Musee des Beau Arts:

About suffering they were never wrong,
                                The old Masters: how well they understood
                                Its human position: how it takes place
                                While someone else is eating or opening a window or just walking dully along;
                                How, when the aged are reverently, passionately waiting
                                For the miraculous birth, there always must be
                                Children who did not specially want it to happen, skating
                                On a pond at the edge of the wood:
                                They never forgot
                                That even the dreadful martyrdom must run its course
                                Anyhow in a corner, some untidy spot
                                Where the dogs go on with their doggy life and the torturer's horse
                                Scratches its innocent behind on a tree.

In Breughel's Icarus, for instance: how everything turns away
                                Quite leisurely from the disaster; the ploughman may
                                Have heard the splash, the forsaken cry,
                                But for him it was not an important failure; the sun shone
                                As it had to on the white legs disappearing into the green
                                Water, and the expensive delicate ship that must have seen
                                Something amazing, a boy falling out of the sky,
                                Had somewhere to get to and sailed calmly on.

Comment

Working...
                                X