Clear All

Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

2-2 now. Shots are now 60-9.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Northland wins :19 into OT.

Harmless wrister from the blue line. She should have stopped that one.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

I noticed they didn't switch ends for OT. I thought doing that was the standard for all hockey conferences. Is it not in this conference? Switching ends would clearly have favored Adrian because Northland's players would never have been able to change on the fly. Maybe Adrian has grounds for a protest!

Agreed, it was a seeminglybharmless shot that should have been easily handled. Oh well. Congrats to the Jills on their biggest win ever!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          I noticed they didn't switch ends for OT. I thought doing that was the standard for all hockey conferences. Is it not in this conference? Switching ends would clearly have favored Adrian because Northland's players would never have been able to change on the fly. Maybe Adrian has grounds for a protest!
          I caught that, too.

As for the rest of the game, I've got nothing.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I caught that, too.

As for the rest of the game, I've got nothing.
            I only tuned in after I saw the score after 2 periods. I have a feeling there might be a few classes missed tomorrow by the Jills players, particularly morning classes. They will "enjoy" this win tonight!

Comment

Agreed, it was a seeminglybharmless shot that should have been easily handled. Oh well. Congrats to the Jills on their biggest win ever!
              not since 2010 or so.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

What the...what? Just..wow. So Northland takes down Adrian, who took down River Falls, who took down Norwich. C'mon Norwich...take down Plattsburgh on Wednesday! Also interested to see how Hamline does Tuesday. Could this be the year for the west?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  not since 2010 or so.
                  ??? This is only their 2nd year.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                    Plattsburgh has NEVER played in a strong conference - always themselves and 1 or 2 other teams of significance (Elmira +1). The vast majority of their conference games have been against very weak teams. Doesn't seem to have held them back as they ride a 4 year national championship streak.....
                    obviously has not hurt them come ncaa time...and playing 15-20 games vs the dregs sure helps pad the stats...especially for their goalies.

Comment

switch ends for OT.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                        What the...what? Just..wow. So Northland takes down Adrian, who took down River Falls, who took down Norwich. C'mon Norwich...take down Plattsburgh on Wednesday! Also interested to see how Hamline does Tuesday. Could this be the year for the west?
                        Wait I thought Wisc. River Falls and Norwich counted as a tie

Comment

I thought teams were still switching ends for OT. Am I missing something? Is it up ti each cinference? It used to be you played out of your own end in OT, which made total sense, but then they switched it for some reason or another and I thought it was a really stupid decision, so if it's back to normal across the board then I'm glad to hear it.

Comment

I thought teams were still switching ends for OT. Am I missing something? Is it up ti each cinference? It used to be you played out of your own end in OT, which made total sense, but then they switched it for some reason or another and I thought it was a really stupid decision, so if it's back to normal across the board then I'm glad to hear it.
                            You're supposed to switch ends for each OT. The thinking being the long change increases goal scoring which should decrease ties.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by NoChangeOnIcing View Post
                              Wait I thought Wisc. River Falls and Norwich counted as a tie
                              It took a shootout for WRF to move on in that tourney. I guess you got me on a technicality. We might have to go to a replay, see what the judges think. This might end up with an asterisk. Now, all that said, if Trine, Aurora, or Finlandia can beat Northland, that would lead to a really unusual sequence of events in this great sport.
                              Last edited by Genbeau; 11-06-2017, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                You're supposed to switch ends for each OT. The thinking being the long change increases goal scoring which should decrease ties.
                                So that's the reason why! I never knew why they went to the switch sides in OT for just five minutes of play. Well, my week is now fulfilled. Another mystery in my life is solved.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X