X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    The Psued-NYAC? I like it!
    Do we risk a lawsuit from Phil Collins for infringement? Psu-Psu-Psussudeo!!! (yes, I know I spelled it wrong....)
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
      Do we risk a lawsuit from Phil Collins for infringement? Psu-Psu-Psussudeo!!! (yes, I know I spelled it wrong....)
      It's pretty obvious now the end of the week is here and it's time to go see a hockey game!
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        The ECAC Women's West never did traditional travel partners in the way the SUNYAC does with the men, at least not since I was a student. It's always one weekend playing the same team, except for Potsdam who was a home and home. They're following the same model this season with the 5 team conference. I'm guessing it won't change.
        4 opponents x 2H/2A for a 16 game conference schedule?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          4 opponents x 2H/2A for a 16 game conference schedule?
          That's what the NEWHL is doing this season.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            That's what the NEWHL is doing this season.
            PSUC 6 Cortland 0 FINAL

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              PSUC 6 Cortland 0 FINAL
              Look at the shots in the 3rd period...Coach Houle is a class act for calling off the dogs and simply controlling the game after earning a 6-0 lead after 2 periods. It's a long-standing pattern. That's sportsmanship. Respect!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Look at the shots in the 3rd period...Coach Houle is a class act for calling off the dogs and simply controlling the game after earning a 6-0 lead after 2 periods. It's a long-standing pattern. That's sportsmanship. Respect!
                There have been blowout games where at the end he'll have his skaters swap positions. Didn't see today to see if that happened. He's no Belichick.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  PSUC 6 Cortland 0 FINAL
                  Castleton beats Salve 4-2 (last one was an empty net goal).

Game against UMB tomorrow should be interesting. If they play like they did in the third period against Oswego last week they'll be fine.

Comment

Coach Houle is and always has been a classy coach! I know he'll also instruct players to pass the puck three - four times before they can shoot too. He never likes a blow out. Unfortunately with this new conference, he'll have to do this almost every game. No competition whatsoever. Too bad really. Doesn't prep a team for the NCAAs when the competition ramps up.

Comment

Cards up 3-0 in first 7 minutes of the 2nd game against cortland

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                        Unfortunately with this new conference, he'll have to do this almost every game. No competition whatsoever. Too bad really. Doesn't prep a team for the NCAAs when the competition ramps up.
                        Plattsburgh has NEVER played in a strong conference - always themselves and 1 or 2 other teams of significance (Elmira +1). The vast majority of their conference games have been against very weak teams. Doesn't seem to have held them back as they ride a 4 year national championship streak.....

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                          Castleton beats Salve 4-2 (last one was an empty net goal).

Game against UMB tomorrow should be interesting. If they play like they did in the third period against Oswego last week they'll be fine.
                          Well they played 1 period against UMB, they were up 3-0 after the first but the wheels fell off in the 2nd and 3rd. This team clearly has the raw talent (I'm impressed by the freshman class - credit to Fimiani). they need to put it all together for more than 1 period at a time.

Hoping its just a matter of time before coach Salerno gets them working consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                            Plattsburgh has NEVER played in a strong conference - always themselves and 1 or 2 other teams of significance (Elmira +1). The vast majority of their conference games have been against very weak teams. Doesn't seem to have held them back as they ride a 4 year national championship streak.....

Should be a great game against Norwich this week!

Comment

How about Northland being up up on Adrian 2-0 after 2 periods while being outshot 44-7! One even strength goal and one PP goal. Who wouldn't love to see Northland hold on to win?!!

Edit: Adrian finally gets one to make it 2-1 for the Lumberjills. Play is almost completely in the Northland zone. Shots in the 3rd are 15-2 for Adrian.

Edit 2: Adrian scores on the PP to tie it up.

Edit 3: Brilliant breakaway save by the Northland goalie late in regulation! Helps send it to OT.

Edit 4: Jills win in with their first shot in OT! The video was cut out almost immediately after that. Lol. Final score 3-2 for the Jills!

Note: Northland website breaks the teams into "Jack Sports" and "Jill Sports." Do they cheer "Go Jills!" at their hockey games?! That's an unflattering rally cry. OMG, they do! I just heard someone in the crowd yell out "Let's go Jills!"
                              Last edited by shelfit; 11-05-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

How about Northland being up up on Adrian 2-0 after 2 periods while being outshot 44-7! One even strength goal and one PP goal. Who wouldn't love to see Northland hold on to win?!!
                                2-1 now.

This game has been ALL Adrian. We've played 47 minutes, and the puck has been in the Northland end for at least 44 of those minutes. The first goal came on a misplay between the goaltender and a defenseman, and the PPG was a perfect shot that I think hit the crossbar. Northland may have had one more halfway decent opportunity. Maybe. And that's it. Oh, and some really good goaltending out of Northland's goaltender.

****dest thing I've ever seen. *shrug*
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X