Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 566

Thread: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    915

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    The NEWHL finally put together a website ( http://northeastwomenshockeyleague.com/landing/index ) and I noticed something very interesting.

    On the top they list all teams, five of them. But then they show Canton and Morrisville with the note "2019-20." Did I miss something or is this the first indication the other two SUNY teams are going to eventually join their brethren in the NEWHL?

    Of course, if the SUNYAC would get over their political wrangling and just admit those two programs as associate members (like they do with Morrisville men's ice hockey and women's field hockey), they can form a SUNYAC for women's hockey and immediately get an automatic bid.
    I thought since the NEWHL gets to keep the ECAC West autobid that they would have two years to get to 7 and thus would get to keep the autobid? 17-18 and 18-19 as the grace years and then 7 for 19-20 and they are compliant.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,115

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    I thought since the NEWHL gets to keep the ECAC West autobid that they would have two years to get to 7 and thus would get to keep the autobid? 17-18 and 18-19 as the grace years and then 7 for 19-20 and they are compliant.
    I forgot they had two years to get the other two teams (I knew about the automatic bid this year).

    Nonetheless, it would still give the SUNYAC an opportunity to sponsor women's hockey. And let's face it, when Canton and Morrisville join the NEWHL ... well, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    915

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Nonetheless, it would still give the SUNYAC an opportunity to sponsor women's hockey. And let's face it, when Canton and Morrisville join the NEWHL ... well, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
    100% agree here.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I forgot they had two years to get the other two teams (I knew about the automatic bid this year).

    Nonetheless, it would still give the SUNYAC an opportunity to sponsor women's hockey. And let's face it, when Canton and Morrisville join the NEWHL ... well, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
    There are no ducks in the SUNYAC.

  5. #45
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,845
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    There are no ducks in the SUNYAC.
    Nor are there Kangaroos...

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,460
    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Nor are there Kangaroos...
    But they need Lions.

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    915

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    So in light of the previously known 18-19 conference moves and now it looks like an adjustment for 19-20. This is what I have as the alignments:

    18-19

    CHC:
    University of New England
    Salve Regina
    Becker
    Canton
    Endicott
    Morrisville
    Nichols

    NEWHL:
    Same as 17-18

    NEHC:
    Norwich
    Castleton
    New England College
    Southern Maine
    Plymouth State
    UMass Boston
    Suffolk
    Johnson & Wales
    Salem State

    19-20

    NEWHL:
    Plattsburgh
    Oswego
    Morrisville
    Buffalo State
    Potsdam
    Canton
    Cortland

    NEHC:
    Same as 18-19

    CHC:
    University of New England
    Salve Regina
    Becker
    Endicott
    Nichols

    Am I missing some moves?
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-02-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    915

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    But they need Lions.
    I have an idea to solve this and the **** two Red Dragons in the SUNYAC: Cortland and Oneonta go head to head in every sport they both field a team. Overall loser has to change to the Lions.

    Though that would likely end up with the Oneonta Lions and still no Lions for SUNYAC hockey
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    So in light of the previously known 18-19 conference moves and now it looks like an adjustment for 19-20. This is what I have as the alignments:

    18-19

    CHC:
    University of New England
    Salve Regina
    Becker
    Canton
    Endicott
    Morrisville
    Nichols

    NEWHL:
    Same as 17-18

    NEHC:
    Norwich
    Castleton
    New England College
    Southern Maine
    Plymouth State
    UMass Boston
    Suffolk
    Johnson & Wales
    Salem State

    19-20

    NEWHL:
    Plattsburgh
    Oswego
    Morrisville
    Buffalo State
    Potsdam
    Canton
    Cortland

    NEHC:
    Same as 18-19

    CHC:
    University of New England
    Salve Regina
    Becker
    Endicott
    Nichols

    Am I missing some moves?
    That looks about right but what happens to the CHC in all this? I think they get an autobid next season if I recall. Would they also get the 2 year grace period to get back up to 7 when Canton and Morrisville bail in 19-20? Or would they lose the autobid they just got the prior year?

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,460
    Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    That looks about right but what happens to the CHC in all this? I think they get an autobid next season if I recall. Would they also get the 2 year grace period to get back up to 7 when Canton and Morrisville bail in 19-20? Or would they lose the autobid they just got the prior year?
    I believe once you get it, it takes 2 years to lose it.

  11. #51

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,460
    Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    That looks about right but what happens to the CHC in all this? I think they get an autobid next season if I recall. Would they also get the 2 year grace period to get back up to 7 when Canton and Morrisville bail in 19-20? Or would they lose the autobid they just got the prior year?
    There are rumors (check the AHCA job listings page) of new teams in NE.

    (oops,just men at this point)
    Last edited by joecct; 11-02-2017 at 10:11 PM.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    The NEWHL finally put together a website ( http://northeastwomenshockeyleague.com/landing/index ) and I noticed something very interesting.

    On the top they list all teams, five of them. But then they show Canton and Morrisville with the note "2019-20." Did I miss something or is this the first indication the other two SUNY teams are going to eventually join their brethren in the NEWHL?

    Of course, if the SUNYAC would get over their political wrangling and just admit those two programs as associate members (like they do with Morrisville men's ice hockey and women's field hockey), they can form a SUNYAC for women's hockey and immediately get an automatic bid.
    Is this a done deal for 2019-20? If it is, it's a bit of a dagger in the side of the CHC especially since they are both a couple of the better teams in an already weak conference. Losing these 2 teams will make the CHC even weaker.
    Last edited by shelfit; 11-03-2017 at 12:07 AM.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    915

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    It's a done deal. Announcement here:

    http://gocardinalsports.com/news/201...n-2019-20.aspx

  14. #54

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    It's a done deal. Announcement here:

    http://gocardinalsports.com/news/201...n-2019-20.aspx
    what are the travel partners?
    Potsdam - Plattsburgh
    Canton - Morrisville
    Oswego - Cortland
    Buffalo State

    If it is 3x in conference F the travel partners.
    Last edited by joecct; 11-03-2017 at 08:19 AM.

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    915

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    what are the travel partners?
    Potsdam - Plattsburgh
    Canton - Morrisville
    Oswego - Cortland
    Buffalo State

    If it is 3x in conference F the travel partners.
    The ECAC Women's West never did traditional travel partners in the way the SUNYAC does with the men, at least not since I was a student. It's always one weekend playing the same team, except for Potsdam who was a home and home. They're following the same model this season with the 5 team conference. I'm guessing it won't change.
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-03-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,115

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    It's a done deal. Announcement here:

    http://gocardinalsports.com/news/201...n-2019-20.aspx
    The press release jargon spit out in that announcement is cringe worthy...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,115

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    It's a done deal. Announcement here:

    http://gocardinalsports.com/news/201...n-2019-20.aspx
    Can we just call this new league pseudo-SUNYAC? Heck, even the Commissioner is the same as the SUNYAC.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    The ECAC Women's West never did traditional travel partners in the way the SUNYAC does with the men, at least not since I was a student. It's always one weekend playing the same team, except for Potsdam who was a home and home. They're following the same model this season with the 5 team conference. I'm guessing it won't change.
    Travel partners...could u give an example of how this pans out. Iím not really familiar with this, other than say, original 6 teams sharing the same train. Am I on the right track? (Pardon the pun)

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    915

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Can we just call this new league pseudo-SUNYAC? Heck, even the Commissioner is the same as the SUNYAC.
    The Psued-NYAC? I like it!
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    915

    Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Genbeau View Post
    Travel partners...could u give an example of how this pans out. Iím not really familiar with this, other than say, original 6 teams sharing the same train. Am I on the right track? (Pardon the pun)
    Travel partners where teams in a conference will pair off geographically and they have the same road weekends and play the same opponents that weekend switching off.

    For example: Plattsburgh and Potsdam would be travel partners given their proximity to each other. Cortland and Oswego are travel partners themselves but are the home teams in this example weekend. On Friday Plattsburgh plays at Oswego and Potsdam plays at Cortland. On Saturday Potsdam plays at Oswego and Plattburgh plays at Cortland.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •