X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    2-0 Plattsburgh after 2

Plattsburgh hangs on to win it 3-2......There will be movement in the rankings....but the 5:00PM game will tell how much movement
    If the polls come out tomorrow...my top four...1. Elmira...2. Plattsburgh...3. Norwich...4. Adrian

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

If the polls come out tomorrow...my top four...1. Elmira...2. Plattsburgh...3. Norwich...4. Adrian
      Not often a teams plays two different #1 teams on back-to-back days!
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

USCHO Division III Women's Poll - December 11, 2017
        Rnk Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll
        2 Elmira 9-2-0 131 2
        3 Plattsburgh 9-2-0 122 3
        4 Adrian 9-2-1 106 4
        5 Gustavus Adolphus 8-1-1 86 6
        6 Wisconsin-River Falls 6-4-1 62 5
        7 Middlebury 4-3-0 60 7
        8 St. Thomas 8-2-1 36 9
        9 Connecticut College 4-2-1 34 8
        10 Amherst 5-4-0 20 NR

Notice anything missing from USCHO.com's ranking?
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
          USCHO Division III Women's Poll - December 11, 2017
          Rnk Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll
          2 Elmira 9-2-0 131 2
          3 Plattsburgh 9-2-0 122 3
          4 Adrian 9-2-1 106 4
          5 Gustavus Adolphus 8-1-1 86 6
          6 Wisconsin-River Falls 6-4-1 62 5
          7 Middlebury 4-3-0 60 7
          8 St. Thomas 8-2-1 36 9
          9 Connecticut College 4-2-1 34 8
          10 Amherst 5-4-0 20 NR

Notice anything missing from USCHO.com's ranking?
          Obviously, number one is overrated...
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
            Not often a teams plays two different #1 teams on back-to-back days!
            Assuming Elmira is named #1 today and Plattsburgh can pull it off they can say they're 2-0 against the #1 team. It will also get them to 4-2 over ranked teams this season. They're 3-2 right now (wins over Adrian, Middlebury and Norwich, losses to Norwich and Elmira).

Comment

A bit of a change in direction:

I heard over the holidays that DIII schools are now looking at fall 2019 commits. This seems to be fairly new (at least to me), most DIII schools tend fill out their fall rosters early in the new year. Working 18 months ahead of time seems to be the new standard.

Can any of the folks who've been on here for a while comment? Was it ever like this in DIII?

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                A bit of a change in direction:

I heard over the holidays that DIII schools are now looking at fall 2019 commits. This seems to be fairly new (at least to me), most DIII schools tend fill out their fall rosters early in the new year. Working 18 months ahead of time seems to be the new standard.

Can any of the folks who've been on here for a while comment? Was it ever like this in DIII?
                The players themselves start to announce as early as September/October of the year before so 18 months sounds about right. With D1 making their commitments so far in advance and with the growing number of programs competing in D3 it makes sense that programs will try to lock up the higher end of the D3 pool of players early. I've counted at least 6 for 18-19 for the Cards so I would be surprised if Kevin Houle wasn't already working on 19-20.

In other news the USCHO poll is out and they have:

Rnk Team
                1 Elmira (8)
                2 Plattsburgh (3)
                3 Norwich (4)
                4 Gustavus Adolphus
                5 Adrian
                6 Wisconsin-River Falls
                7 Middlebury
                8 Connecticut College
                8 St. Thomas
                10 Endicott
                Other Receiving Votes: Amherst 9, Hamline 7, Augsburg 5, Hamilton 1, Wisconsin-Eau Claire 1
                Last edited by Scott_TG; 01-08-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

On the USCHO pool 1,2,3 are correct....The Gusties snuck in by 4 points for the number 4 spot ! http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                    The players themselves start to announce as early as September/October of the year before so 18 months sounds about right. With D1 making their commitments so far in advance and with the growing number of programs competing in D3 it makes sense that programs will try to lock up the higher end of the D3 pool of players early. I've counted at least 6 for 18-19 for the Cards so I would be surprised if Kevin Houle wasn't already working on 19-20.

In other news the USCHO poll is out and they have:

Rnk Team
                    1 Elmira (8)
                    2 Plattsburgh (3)
                    3 Norwich (4)
                    4 Gustavus Adolphus
                    5 Adrian
                    6 Wisconsin-River Falls
                    7 Middlebury
                    8 Connecticut College
                    8 St. Thomas
                    10 Endicott
                    Other Receiving Votes: Amherst 9, Hamline 7, Augsburg 5, Hamilton 1, Wisconsin-Eau Claire 1
                    It looks like d3Hockey.com might be waiting until after today's games for the women's poll.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Early game saw Norwich skate past Adrian 3-2, with the Cadets holding a 20-17 advantage in shots, in a game featuring defense and stellar goal play at both ends of the ice.

Arian jumped ahead early with Schembri grinding behind the Cadet goal and slipping a pass from Morwich goalie King's stickside; King's stick deflected the puck for Mitter to drive, forehand into the net.

The Cadets evened the score in the 2nd as a power play ended. Play was behind the Adrian goal with Hulst and Rossini working the puck along the end boards from right to left and Rossini finding Wopperer for a one timer that was in up from Bulldog goalie Turner's stickside.

The 3rd saw Adrian ahead early with Mitter getting the puck in deep left corner and Dalrymple feeding Krasofsky for the score. Norwich came back with Madden digging the puck beneath Turner, assists to Herne and Goebel. The winning goal was a thing of beauty and great effort by Schwenzfeier, in 1x2, making space between the D and a with a diving swipe pulling the puck back to the goalie's stickside and in top of the net, assist to Tiberi on the game winner.

Great action, I thought well called by the officials, who allowed a high level physical game. Thank you!

Dashing back for Cardinal vs Soaring Eagles

Comment

It looks like d3Hockey.com might be waiting until after today's games for the women's poll.
                        I just don't see Endicott as a top 10 team. They're moving in then right direction. If they really got some bounces they could take out a top 10 team here or there, but I don't think with any consistency. We'll see. Top 10 goalie? Yes! Upcoming games v Middlebury and Norwich should give a clearer idea of where they stand. Anyway, good luck to the Gulls.

Comment

Plattsburgh is starting Brooke Wolejko in goal against Elmira this afternoon... I believe she played in the first game against Elmira earlier this season.

Plattsburgh leads 2-0 at the end of one. Moriarty with both goals.
                          Last edited by spwood; 01-08-2018, 03:30 PM.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                            The problem is, a commitment in D3 means nothing. Unlike in D1, where there are ramifications for pulling out after signing a letter of intent. This is why a lot of D3 schools don't even want to say who has committed to their school until after classes actually start and the player is enrolled in them.

So, yeah, D3 schools can go after recruits 18 months in advance and the recruits can state their intentions in September/October of the year before, but nothing can stop them from changing their minds.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Plattsburgh shuts out Elmira 3-0 to win the East/West Classic and have gotten their wins back over both Norwich and Elmira this season. Moriarty tournament MVP. Baye Flanagan makes the All Tournament Team in her first weekend as a Cardinal with a goal yesterday and two helpers today. Meghan Kraus (PSU), Brooke Wolejko (PSU), Sarah Schwenzfeier (NOR), Katie Granato (ELM) & Devyn Gilman (ELM) also make the All Tournament Team

Congrats to Norwich on another great East/West. The NSN streams were top-notch. I hope to make it in person one of these years.
                              Last edited by Scott_TG; 01-08-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Another great East/West! Thank you Norwich and Coach Bolding for creating this event. congratulations to the Cardinals and to Coach Houle upon avenging losses and returning to #1. And special thanks to Coaches Crowley and Davis for coming out east!

Comment

Working...
                                X