Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    This is bull****. All the teams were doing it. I saw GAC and Adrian smuggling beer into the rink. I stayed at the same hotel Norwich was at and someone in their gear came up to me as I was checking out and offered me the rest of their beer because they couldn't take it on the plane. Were they sanctioned as well?
    Very simple. They weren't caught.

A lot of people cheat on taxes, too. But only some get caught...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      A lot of people cheat on taxes, too. But only some get caught...
      The CPA in the group says he's watching you, Jaslow....
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Pretty light penalty if you ask me. The whole UST team is penalized and not able to compete in the the conference tournament or nationals, for alcohol. Plus 2 assistant coaches fired.

Comment

• College kids drink?

Comment

Originally posted by MIAC_Hockey_Dad View Post
            Pretty light penalty if you ask me. The whole UST team is penalized and not able to compete in the the conference tournament or nationals, for alcohol. Plus 2 assistant coaches fired.
            Wait, that penalty was over alcohol??

Maybe they brought the hammer down on UST to try and take a break from flying them out east every year...

Comment

Plattsburgh is getting off lightly. No mention of Houle lying about not knowing to investigators about beer on the bus... the video is bad bad bad. How could he not know? The AD was on the bus too. Under age drinking? Scott, do you have proof of your Norwich claim?

I'm pretty sure that #9 is out. I would never let my daughter go to this program, players are whiners and the fans/ parents are arrogant jerks. The school is terrible, the town is gross.

Don't lie, don't ever lie! Get your hands on the video and you'll see the lies and arrogance. This is absolutely disgusting behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                Plattsburgh is getting off lightly. No mention of Houle lying about not knowing to investigators about beer on the bus... the video is bad bad bad. How could he not know? The AD was on the bus too. Under age drinking? Scott, do you have proof of your Norwich claim?
                Proof? It was a quick encounter as I was leaving to start my drive home. I wasn't wearing a wire nor asked the front desk for their tape of a man in Norwich hockey gear approaching me at the front desk. Though had I know what was coming I would have tried for the tape. I have no proof other than my own recollection but I am confident enough to swear out under penalty of perjury the encounter happened. Granted, could have been a parent and the plane he was referring to was not the team plane, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post

I'm pretty sure that #9 is out. I would never let my daughter go to this program, players are whiners and the fans/ parents are arrogant jerks. The school is terrible, the town is gross.

Don't lie, don't ever lie! Get your hands on the video and you'll see the lies and arrogance. This is absolutely disgusting behavior.
                  Wait...you mean some college hockey players had a few beers? Shocking..just simply Shocking news. The PC nation we have become is just a joke. Back in my day [lol] there were beers on the team bus coming home from away games. I know...it was.... just terrible. [and the coaches were there drinking a few too]...snowflakes everywhere these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                    Proof? It was a quick encounter as I was leaving to start my drive home. I wasn't wearing a wire nor asked the front desk for their tape of a man in Norwich hockey gear approaching me at the front desk. Though had I know what was coming I would have tried for the tape. I have no proof other than my own recollection but I am confident enough to swear out under penalty of perjury the encounter happened. Granted, could have been a parent and the plane he was referring to was not the team plane, but I doubt it.
                    You are simply starting rumors to lessen the behavior of PSU. A man? A dad? We are talking about a team(many below 21) taking pictures with the NCAA Championship Trophy with beers in hand on the team bus with the Coach & AD present.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                      Wait...you mean some college hockey players had a few beers? Shocking..just simply Shocking news. The PC nation we have become is just a joke. Back in my day [lol] there were beers on the team bus coming home from away games. I know...it was.... just terrible. [and the coaches were there drinking a few too]...snowflakes everywhere these days.
                      I can't argue about being snowflakes... but the Rules are the rules, sometimes arrogance lets one believe they are above written rules. They broke major NCAA rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                        What was the drinking age then?
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by MIAC_Hockey_Dad View Post
                          Who punished UST? NCAA? The conference? The school itself?
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
                            I can't argue about being snowflakes... but the Rules are the rules, sometimes arrogance lets one believe they are above written rules. They broke major NCAA rules.

I'm not saying they didn't break the rules. At this point, I'm not going to argue the punishment. What I will say is that Plattsburgh were the only ones caught posting it in social media. Anybody who kept their eyes open in the lobby of Arrington Arena that Saturday saw players from all 4 teams bringing in bags of "mysterious cylindrical objects that were totally not cans of beer" to the locker rooms. Again, like Scott, I personally witnessed this and thought nothing of it.

Plattsburgh is guilty. End of story. But to pretend that they did anything that the other 3 teams didn't (except perhaps post on social media) is either naive or ignorant.
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                              I'm not saying they didn't break the rules. At this point, I'm not going to argue the punishment. What I will say is that Plattsburgh were the only ones caught posting it in social media. Anybody who kept their eyes open in the lobby of Arrington Arena that Saturday saw players from all 4 teams bringing in bags of "mysterious cylindrical objects that were totally not cans of beer" to the locker rooms. Again, like Scott, I personally witnessed this and thought nothing of it.

Plattsburgh is guilty. End of story. But to pretend that they did anything that the other 3 teams didn't (except perhaps post on social media) is either naive or ignorant.

I completely agree with you. Show me a team that doesn't drink/celebrate....at any level beyond youth hockey (BTW the drinking age in Canada is either 18 or 19, but that's a story for another day)! It's totally unfortunate that they got caught.

But, if the UST story is right, I will say that the team's high profile and success was part of the reason they got off lightly compared to that.

Comment

• Has post-game drinking been the norm at the national championship in the past? Sounds like that's what some people on here are saying. Why is this the first we're hearing about this type of behavior at the national championship?

Comment

Working...
                                X