2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    The D3Hockey site final projection has UWEC in over UWRF. We'll see how it shakes out in less than 3 hours.

D3Hockey.com Projection:
    Morrisville @ Norwich
    Middlebury @ Plattsburgh
    Adrian @ Elmira
    UWEC/GAC @ Hamline
    And the NCAA confirms.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Bracket is out. Teams match D3hockey.com's teams, but GAC hosts both the play in and the quarterfinal.

Morrisville @ Norwich
      GAC/UWEC vs Hamline [@ GAC]

Adrian @ Elmira
      Middlebury @ Plattsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        Bracket is out. Teams match D3hockey.com's teams, but GAC hosts both the play in and the quarterfinal.

Morrisville @ Norwich
        GAC/UWEC vs Hamline [@ GAC]

Adrian @ Elmira
        Middlebury @ Plattsburgh
        I'm going on the premise that Norwich is a shoo-in to host the final four weekend if they win this Saturday.

Selfishly, I'd like to see Elmira because then I can go and cover it...
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          I'm going on the premise that Norwich is a shoo-in to host the final four weekend if they win this Saturday.

Selfishly, I'd like to see Elmira because then I can go and cover it...
          I agree that Norwich is the favorite to host. Especially since there won't be a potential conflict with the men's team that weekend since the Cadet men will not be in the tourney.

Comment

They got the West right. UWRF is in a rebuild, and they'll be better next year.

Given the way people feel about Darwitz and Carroll, I'd venture that there's NOBODY not associated with Hamline or GAC who wants those teams to win. Let's go Blugolds.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
              They got the West right. UWRF is in a rebuild, and they'll be better next year.

Given the way people feel about Darwitz and Carroll, I'd venture that there's NOBODY not associated with Hamline or GAC who wants those teams to win. Let's go Blugolds.
              Tria rink not available? Seems strange that Saturday game at Gustavus. Though should be huge advantage for Hamline playing a tired team that played the night before.

Comment

Is there a case of not submitting a proposal for Hamline? Why would they not get home ice for the quarters if they are the higher seed? Do they have a facility issue?
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Tria is usable, but not completely done. It's a great picturesque rink that should be a big advantage for Hamline moving forward. And yes, I think whoever wins the first game will be tired and probably a little beat up - both teams are physical.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
                    Tria is usable, but not completely done. It's a great picturesque rink that should be a big advantage for Hamline moving forward. And yes, I think whoever wins the first game will be tired and probably a little beat up - both teams are physical.
                    Hamline has been using TRIA since January 5. Must be booked or something. Wild are out of town too. High school Hockey tourney going on ....

Comment

• That first round game should be played on Thursday night, not Friday. There's no good reason for it to be on Friday. Sheer stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        That first round game should be played on Thursday night, not Friday. There's no good reason for it to be on Friday. Sheer stupidity.
                        It saves a night of lodging for the NCAA. The play-in game was always going to be at the team that was going to host the winner. It's just in this case, that didn't work out because of the venue situation.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          That first round game should be played on Thursday night, not Friday. There's no good reason for it to be on Friday. Sheer stupidity.
                          Then there's that pesky student-athlete thing. One less day of missed classes to play on Friday. Most of these kids already play back to back days during the regular season. It's not a big deal to them (I don't think)...
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                            Then there's that pesky student-athlete thing. One less day of missed classes to play on Friday. Most of these kids already play back to back days during the regular season. It's not a big deal to them (I don't think)...
                            In this case Eau Claire to Gustavus is not an over night nor is Hamline for all 3.So no difference in Thursday or Friday game. The teams are used to back to back games but Hamline won't be playing Friday so they will be rested. During season both teams feeling the night before. I know NCAA men got rid of it years ago because they used to split their semis Thursday , then Fri with Championship on Sat.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish03 View Post
                              In this case Eau Claire to Gustavus is not an over night nor is Hamline for all 3.So no difference in Thursday or Friday game. The teams are used to back to back games but Hamline won't be playing Friday so they will be rested. During season both teams feeling the night before. I know NCAA men got rid of it years ago because they used to split their semis Thursday , then Fri with Championship on Sat.
                              Thank you.

Obviously nothing's going to be changing for this year, so go Blugolds! Agree with the poster who said nobody likes Carroll or Darwitz (or her daddy).

Comment

Originally posted by fish03 View Post
                                The schedule was published well in advance. We all knew that the 8/9 game was going to be played on Friday and the QF would be played on Saturday. A week ago, wouldn't you have been thrilled to be told you have a play in-game on Friday night? Good luck to EC as I like to see new teams get into the tournament!
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X