Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Lol, you're precious! "Chest Club" and "ect ect" are just too funny. You should go back to Platty, but try to graduate this time, PSUChump. If you do, I have no doubt you'll have a few beers to celebrate the accomplishment. Thanks for the laughs!
    Did your mom help you write that one too? I'm sure your degree does wonders at McDonald's too...

Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

This isn't ominous-sounding at all

I hope everyone at Norwich and NEC are ok.

GTOWN, I see Castleton also postponed their game vs NEC this weekend...any insight into the situation?
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-10-2017 at 10:23 AM.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post

GTOWN, isn't your daughter's team supposed to be playing NEC this weekend too? Is that still on?
    Norwich is still playing Plymouth State tonight.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Norwich is still playing Plymouth State tonight.
    Norwich is still playing, Castleton also cancelled the women's game against NEC. NEC's website still has their men's teams as playing at home this weekend against Babson and UMB. Makes me nervous for the NEC women's program. I hope they're ok.
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Did your mom help you write that one too? I'm sure your degree does wonders at McDonald's too...
    Awww, what a cute little comeback attempt. So deep and well thought out, within the scope of your intellectual limitations.
    Last edited by shelfit; 11-10-2017 at 01:41 PM.

I'm not on the inside to know all of the factors that were considered, but my understanding is that the UST punishment is from the school.
    Last edited by MIAC_Hockey_Dad; 11-10-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Directly from the NEC website:

"Henniker, N.H.--Due to unforeseen issues, the women's ice hockey team will not be traveling to Vermont this weekend for scheduled NEHC games against Castleton and Norwich. Make up dates for both games will be announced at a later time."

Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    At that time, state law was 20...so about half the team was "underage"...honestly, like nobody has ever had a beer at 18. Puuu-lease.
    That's not the point. Technically, they broke the law, so they couldn't just let it pass... (And yes, I drank at parties when I was 17 when the drinking age was 18. And if it was my kid, I would not have a cow over it -- as long as they didn't drive. But again, that's not the point.)
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Quote Originally Posted by MIAC_Hockey_Dad View Post
    I'm not on the inside to know all of the factors that were considered, but my understanding is that the UST punishment is from the school.
    Which is why I asked the question. If the school punished the team, than all the crying about "why aren't other teams punished" goes out the window. It's no different than when Vermont cancelled the men's season because of hazing. A school can do what it wants relative to other schools. But when a conference or the NCAA punishes a team, we do like to see consistency.
    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 11-13-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    Russell Jaslow

Directly from the NEC website:

"Henniker, N.H.--Due to unforeseen issues, the women's ice hockey team will not be traveling to Vermont this weekend for scheduled NEHC games against Castleton and Norwich. Make up dates for both games will be announced at a later time."
    Some kind of infectious outbreak? Every now and then you'll see schools "shutdown" over things like measles or mumps outbreaks.
    Russell Jaslow

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Some kind of infectious outbreak? Every now and then you'll see schools "shutdown" over things like measles or mumps outbreaks.
    They have men's hockey and men's bball on campus this weekend that haven't been postponed from what I can tell. If it were an outbreak I think they'd postpone those too. Unless it was an outbreak that is limited to them, like maybe enough ladies got sidelined with a bug simultaneously to make them unable to field a team. I'm hoping it's something along those lines (something quick, recoverable and they'll be on the ice come next week) as opposed to something more serious.
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

GTOWN, I see Castleton also postponed their game vs NEC this weekend...any insight into the situation?

NEC had an outbreak of lice....its parents weekend at Castleton so there are a whole bunch of us down here that just had a quiet Friday night!
    Last edited by GTOWN; 11-11-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    NEC had an outbreak of lice....its parents weekend at Castleton so there are a whole bunch of us down here that just had a quiet Friday night!
    Oh no, that's awful. I feel for them all. No more sharing hats!

Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    That kind of thing can spread quickly. I wonder if they got it at the lice rink? Anyway, the Spartans were done a couple players vs UMB. Will they be back in action this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Genbeau View Post
    That kind of thing can spread quickly. I wonder if they got it at the lice rink? Anyway, the Spartans were done a couple players vs UMB. Will they be back in action this weekend?
    Oh my. Making jokes at their expense seems like a "louse-y" thing to do.

I just hope this kind of adversity can help both their short and long term shots on nit %. Meanwhile, Neuman up 4-2 vs M'ville in 3rd.

Quit nit picking!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Quit nit picking!!!!
    The whole thing is bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Genbeau View Post
    Sorry, late to this reply - spending some quality time at the rink with my daughter!
    Only 1 girl is injured. Every one else was back.

Plymouth is a well coached team, might surprise some folks. Clearly coach Haun is putting in the work and the players are buying in.
    In my view Castleton has more talent but still inconsistent and it almost cost them: a 5 minute major turned into a full 2 minute 5-3. Thankfully they only gave up 1 goal and managed the win. There were times they were all over Plymouth and other times they couldn't get out of their end. Seeing progress as the girls battled the whole game but it's going to take some time to execute consistently. Salerno is a great coach but she's also the 3rd coach for the upperclassmen so it may take a while.

Wait, that penalty was over alcohol??

Maybe they brought the hammer down on UST to try and take a break from flying them out east every year...
    Curious, seems like your saying similar infractions. How can the penalties be so different? Was the NCAA involved or do the school's self impose penalties on themselves? Not sure the NCAA is spending much resources on D3 hockey. Help me out here with this.

Thread Information