Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    The D3Hockey site final projection has UWEC in over UWRF. We'll see how it shakes out in less than 3 hours.

D3Hockey.com Projection:
    Morrisville @ Norwich
    Middlebury @ Plattsburgh
    Adrian @ Elmira
    UWEC/GAC @ Hamline
    And the NCAA confirms.

Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Bracket is out. Teams match D3hockey.com's teams, but GAC hosts both the play in and the quarterfinal.

Morrisville @ Norwich
    GAC/UWEC vs Hamline [@ GAC]

Adrian @ Elmira
    Middlebury @ Plattsburgh
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Bracket is out. Teams match D3hockey.com's teams, but GAC hosts both the play in and the quarterfinal.

Morrisville @ Norwich
    GAC/UWEC vs Hamline [@ GAC]

Adrian @ Elmira
    Middlebury @ Plattsburgh
    I'm going on the premise that Norwich is a shoo-in to host the final four weekend if they win this Saturday.

Selfishly, I'd like to see Elmira because then I can go and cover it...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I'm going on the premise that Norwich is a shoo-in to host the final four weekend if they win this Saturday.

Selfishly, I'd like to see Elmira because then I can go and cover it...
    I agree that Norwich is the favorite to host. Especially since there won't be a potential conflict with the men's team that weekend since the Cadet men will not be in the tourney.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

They got the West right. UWRF is in a rebuild, and they'll be better next year.

Given the way people feel about Darwitz and Carroll, I'd venture that there's NOBODY not associated with Hamline or GAC who wants those teams to win. Let's go Blugolds.

Quote Originally Posted by MND3Dad View Post
    They got the West right. UWRF is in a rebuild, and they'll be better next year.

Given the way people feel about Darwitz and Carroll, I'd venture that there's NOBODY not associated with Hamline or GAC who wants those teams to win. Let's go Blugolds.
    Tria rink not available? Seems strange that Saturday game at Gustavus. Though should be huge advantage for Hamline playing a tired team that played the night before.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Is there a case of not submitting a proposal for Hamline? Why would they not get home ice for the quarters if they are the higher seed? Do they have a facility issue?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Tria is usable, but not completely done. It's a great picturesque rink that should be a big advantage for Hamline moving forward. And yes, I think whoever wins the first game will be tired and probably a little beat up - both teams are physical.

Quote Originally Posted by MND3Dad View Post
    Tria is usable, but not completely done. It's a great picturesque rink that should be a big advantage for Hamline moving forward. And yes, I think whoever wins the first game will be tired and probably a little beat up - both teams are physical.
    Hamline has been using TRIA since January 5. Must be booked or something. Wild are out of town too. High school Hockey tourney going on ....

That first round game should be played on Thursday night, not Friday. There's no good reason for it to be on Friday. Sheer stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    That first round game should be played on Thursday night, not Friday. There's no good reason for it to be on Friday. Sheer stupidity.
    It saves a night of lodging for the NCAA. The play-in game was always going to be at the team that was going to host the winner. It's just in this case, that didn't work out because of the venue situation.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Then there's that pesky student-athlete thing. One less day of missed classes to play on Friday. Most of these kids already play back to back days during the regular season. It's not a big deal to them (I don't think)...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Then there's that pesky student-athlete thing. One less day of missed classes to play on Friday. Most of these kids already play back to back days during the regular season. It's not a big deal to them (I don't think)...
    In this case Eau Claire to Gustavus is not an over night nor is Hamline for all 3.So no difference in Thursday or Friday game. The teams are used to back to back games but Hamline won't be playing Friday so they will be rested. During season both teams feeling the night before. I know NCAA men got rid of it years ago because they used to split their semis Thursday , then Fri with Championship on Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by fish03 View Post
    In this case Eau Claire to Gustavus is not an over night nor is Hamline for all 3.So no difference in Thursday or Friday game. The teams are used to back to back games but Hamline won't be playing Friday so they will be rested. During season both teams feeling the night before. I know NCAA men got rid of it years ago because they used to split their semis Thursday , then Fri with Championship on Sat.
    Thank you.

Obviously nothing's going to be changing for this year, so go Blugolds! Agree with the poster who said nobody likes Carroll or Darwitz (or her daddy).

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish03 View Post
    The schedule was published well in advance. We all knew that the 8/9 game was going to be played on Friday and the QF would be played on Saturday. A week ago, wouldn't you have been thrilled to be told you have a play in-game on Friday night? Good luck to EC as I like to see new teams get into the tournament!
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    The schedule was published well in advance. We all knew that the 8/9 game was going to be played on Friday and the QF would be played on Saturday. A week ago, wouldn't you have been thrilled to be told you have a play in-game on Friday night? Good luck to EC as I like to see new teams get into the tournament!
    No didn't look at the schedule , whether published or not doesn't make it right. Sure NCAA has its reasons. A week ago if you are Hamline/Gustavus you are not hoping you are in the play-in game. You hope you win the playoff for autobid. If you are EC ,yes you are thrilled.

Future looks bright for Hamline. New rink, Darwitz name recognition ( she did color analysis for MN vs Wisc yesterday). Ability to get transfers as she did this year. How long will she stay?

I feel so torn by this Western threesome. I am a GAC fan, but I'm also a Western hockey fan, and a big fan of new blood to the tourney. If only we could have worked things out to send 2 teams out East! I'll be rooting for the Gusties, but I'm excited to cheer for whichever Western team heads to the finals. It's always exciting to see totally new matchups and see how different teams really stack up. I think it's great to see three teams make it to their first NCAAs.

Can someone explain the criteria why GAC is hosting?

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie44 View Post
    Can someone explain the criteria why GAC is hosting?
    Hamline couldn't. Thus the opportunity went to GAC
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Norwich has got a pretty cool victory tour starting to line up.

Headed to the Vermont State House to meet with the Governor and have a proclamation read on the legislature floor on Thursday, March 29.

Also, heading to Fenway Park to be honored in a pre-game ceremony on Tuesday, April 10 before a Red Sox/Yankees game!

Thread Information