Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
    One thing I’m not clear on: it seems to indicate they would change the format by going to 10 teams. Did I read that right?
    That's how I read it...

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
      One thing I’m not clear on: it seems to indicate they would change the format by going to 10 teams. Did I read that right?
      I could be wrong, but the “format change” part seems to be referring to volleyball.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        I could be wrong, but the “format change” part seems to be referring to volleyball.
        It wasn't particularly clear. But given that they've allocated an extra $37,000 for the addition of 1 team I hope that also means a tweaking of the format.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
          It wasn't particularly clear. But given that they've allocated an extra $37,000 for the addition of 1 team I hope that also means a tweaking of the format.
          Total speculation on my part but I would guess that format change might be similar to how the men used to do it and have a mid-week play-in round on like Wednesday for the two first round matchups between 7-10 and 8-9.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

CollegeHockeyStats says the River Falls @ Eau-Claire game is at 7PM Central but it also has a box score showing EC having taken down RF 3-0 with the game having started at 2pm. Does anyone know if they indeed went early or if there was an error somewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              CollegeHockeyStats says the River Falls @ Eau-Claire game is at 7PM Central but it also has a box score showing EC having taken down RF 3-0 with the game having started at 2pm. Does anyone know if they indeed went early or if there was an error somewhere?
              Interesting.

We saw something similar on the men’s game between Brockport and Geneseo. Then, it was corrected.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Interesting.

We saw something similar on the men’s game between Brockport and Geneseo. Then, it was corrected.
                They ended up correcting the start time of RF @ EC to 2pm Central

Comment

The final From The Ronald B Stafford Ice Arena Plattsburgh 4....Buffalo 1......and that third period was the most boring period of hockey I have witnessed in years

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

I've been really enjoying the MIAC action this year. It's great to see more competitive games, with almost anyone able to pull out a win any given day. I'd love to see a few East-West games to see how things would shake out. I've been fantasizing about a NESCAC-MIAC tournament, where everyone would play a game or two against their like-ranked teams. As a Gustavus fan, of course I'm happy to see them winning, but as a women's hovkey fan, I'm just happy to see quality hockey and parity, especially as some of the Eastern conferences will take a few years to get up to speed. The WIAC has also been interesting. Anyone else been following Western teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      The final From The Ronald B Stafford Ice Arena Plattsburgh 4....Buffalo 1......and that third period was the most boring period of hockey I have witnessed in years
                      I enjoyed the nastiness this weekend between the two teams as a nice side dish to the 13 goals the Cards scored. That scrum today was one of the closest things I've seen to a real fight in Plattsburgh women's hockey. Admittedly I would have enjoyed the nastiness a lot less had Kiraly been seriously injured after being taken out of Saturday's game instead of back on the ice today...

If Buff State can put it together and and play competitively it will be a fun rivalry in the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                        I enjoyed the nastiness this weekend between the two teams as a nice side dish to the 13 goals the Cards scored. That scrum today was one of the closest things I've seen to a real fight in Plattsburgh women's hockey. Admittedly I would have enjoyed the nastiness a lot less had Kiraly been seriously injured after being taken out of Saturday's game instead of back on the ice today...

If Buff State can put it together and and play competitively it will be a fun rivalry in the coming years.
                        But that third period it just seemed like Plattsburgh took their foot off the gas and just coasted the rest of the game......very uneventful...just kind of went through the motions and just did enough to keep Buff State from mounting any threat.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          But that third period it just seemed like Plattsburgh took their foot off the gas and just coasted the rest of the game......very uneventful...just kind of went through the motions and just did enough to keep Buff State from mounting any threat.
                          Probably a case of self-preservation to try to avoid injuries after a goonish 2nd period. Did you see the penalties in that boxscore?!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            Probably a case of self-preservation to try to avoid injuries after a goonish 2nd period. Did you see the penalties in that boxscore?!
                            I saw it....was rough period....but I have seen worse with no where that much called either way.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                              LOL...Conn beats Ammy twice head to head...and gets ranked lower. typical.
                              I'd feel worse if Conn hadn't crapped out this weekend at Hamilton even worse than Amherst losing against Wesleyan.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                                REALLY - Morrisville and Endicott?? Andy McPhee must have a relative at the NCAA and I don't know what is up with Morrisville. Moral - join a conference with a lot of weak teams and play a couple of hard OOC games competitively....
                                So does Endicott stay after losing to Colby who nearly missed the NESCAC playoffs? Surely Hamilton belongs above them now after downing and tying Conn.

Comment

Working...
                                X