Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    Plattsburgh is starting Brooke Wolejko in goal against Elmira this afternoon... I believe she played in the first game against Elmira earlier this season.

Plattsburgh leads 2-0 at the end of one. Moriarty with both goals.
    smart coach.

Comment

D3hockey.com waited until today for their poll, and here are the results:

# School (1st votes) Rec Pts Prev.
      1 Plattsburgh State (12) 11-2 145 3
      2 Norwich (2) 12-1-1 131 1
      3 Elmira (1) 11-2 129 2
      4 Adrian 9-4-1 100 4
      5 Gustavus Adolphus 10-1-1 89 5
      6 UW-River Falls 9-4-1 74 8
      7 Endicott 12-0-1 51 7
      8 Middlebury 5-3-1 39 6
      9 Connecticut College 8-2-1 35 9
      10 Hamline 9-2-1 12 NR

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        D3hockey.com waited until today for their poll, and here are the results:

# School (1st votes) Rec Pts Prev.
        1 Plattsburgh State (12) 11-2 145 3
        2 Norwich (2) 12-1-1 131 1
        3 Elmira (1) 11-2 129 2
        4 Adrian 9-4-1 100 4
        5 Gustavus Adolphus 10-1-1 89 5
        6 UW-River Falls 9-4-1 74 8
        7 Endicott 12-0-1 51 7
        8 Middlebury 5-3-1 39 6
        9 Connecticut College 8-2-1 35 9
        10 Hamline 9-2-1 12 NR
        Not too surprising but thought Plattsburgh and Norwich might be a little closer. Norwich has a big couple of weeks ahead with games against Endicott and Elmira looming.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Not too surprising but thought Plattsburgh and Norwich might be a little closer. Norwich has a big couple of weeks ahead with games against Endicott and Elmira looming.
          Endicott...a big game? lol Norwich will beat those patsies by at least 4. bank on it.

Comment

omg...Endicott...puleease.. look at who they [havent] played. Norwich will beat the living snot out of them. ranked #7?? lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
              omg...Endicott...puleease.. look at who they [havent] played. Norwich will beat the living snot out of them. ranked #7?? lol.
              Only 10 teams ranked, Endicott is one of them and they’ll likely be NCAA ranked. That’s a big game.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Only 10 teams ranked, Endicott is one of them and they’ll likely be NCAA ranked. That’s a big game.
                Proof of just how watered down DIII has become.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                  The men's team has risen up pretty quick. Why can't the women's program have done the same thing? Everyone has to start somewhere. Endicott will get their chance to see exactly where they stand, but let's not completely dismiss them without having seen them step up in competition.
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

As of today I think Endicott has one of the tougher schedules in the East in terms of whose left on the docket between now and March. They have to play Middlebury, Norwich and Bowdoin among others. Norwich has Endicott, Elmira and Middlebury left. Midd has UMB, Endicott, hosts Bowdoin twice and a home and home vs Williams left. Bowdoin hosts Amherst twice and then has 2 @ Midd, 2 @ Conn and 1 @ Endicott so I'd nominally give them the win in this contest.

Comment

Back when your D was playing there wasn't much depth after the Big 6 then either.

Sure losing RIT hurt as a top team but outside of them, it's basically the same cast of characters. I think the rest of the NESCAC is starting to catch up with Middlebury a lot faster than the other conferences are catching the top team's in their respective leagues.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Back when your D was playing there wasn't much depth after the Big 6 then either.

Sure losing RIT hurt as a top team but outside of them, it's basically the same cast of characters. I think the rest of the NESCAC is starting to catch up with Middlebury a lot faster than the other conferences are catching the top team's in their respective leagues.
                        Agreed, except I think the bottom dwellers, which include a bunch of new teams, are worse than ever. Try watching some of those teams play. It's really painful!

Comment

The top four or five in the rankings are really good. After that, it drops right off. A few years ago, Chatham was the worst. Painfully awful. Now, about 80% of entire conferences (NESCAC excluded) are this weak. Example? Look at the conference that Plattsburgh plays in now. No competition whatsoever. Kind of sad really.

Comment

Look at the conference that Plattsburgh plays in now. No competition whatsoever. Kind of sad really.
                            Plattsburgh didn't leave the conference, the conference left them.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Plattsburgh didn't leave the conference, the conference left them.
                              ECAC West did it to all the SUNY men's teams at the end of the 1992 season as well....That is another story !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                                The top four or five in the rankings are really good. After that, it drops right off. A few years ago, Chatham was the worst. Painfully awful. Now, about 80% of entire conferences (NESCAC excluded) are this weak. Example? Look at the conference that Plattsburgh plays in now. No competition whatsoever. Kind of sad really.
                                Chatham has a LOT of company down in the cellar these days!

Comment

Working...
                                X