2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    Has post-game drinking been the norm at the national championship in the past? Sounds like that's what some people on here are saying. Why is this the first we're hearing about this type of behavior at the national championship?
    Because someone put it on social media and some creampuff got their snowflake wet...
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      Because someone put it on social media and some creampuff got their snowflake wet...
      What about my first question?

Comment

What about my first question?
        If you have to ask if drinking is a norm for college athletes you should probably take a left instead of a right out from under the rock with all due respect. This isn't hazing or some sort of binge drinking party.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          What was the drinking age then?
          At that time, state law was 20...so about half the team was "underage"...honestly, like nobody has ever had a beer at 18. Puuu-lease.

Comment

If you have to ask if drinking is a norm for college athletes you should probably take a left instead of a right out from under the rock with all due respect. This isn't hazing or some sort of binge drinking party.
            Can you not read?! That's not what I asked. You must have gone to Plattsburgh where literacy is not important. Drinking is obviously a norm for college students in general, not just college athletes. My question once again was, "Has post-game drinking been the norm at the national championship in the past?"

Don't most/all schools/athletic departments have a zero tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol? Schools/athletic departments/AD's can't have it both ways and punish some kids for breaking this policy during the school year (and we all know it happens every year across the country), but then have an unwritten exception for those that make it to the national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              ummm...yep. It's college...hockey. lol

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Can you not read?! That's not what I asked. You must have gone to Plattsburgh where literacy is not important. Drinking is obviously a norm for college students in general, not just college athletes. My question once again was, "Has post-game drinking been the norm at the national championship in the past?"

Don't most/all schools/athletic departments have a zero tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol? Schools/athletic departments/AD's can't have it both ways and punish some kids for breaking this policy during the school year (and we all know it happens every year across the country), but then have an unwritten exception for those that make it to the national championship.
                Im sorry, maybe your Chest Club didn't have beer parties after the Championships....

No, I did read...and responded....College Hockey Players are College Athletes. College Athletes are College Students. Most College Students partake in some sort of "against the rules" policy. Most College Hockey Players AKA College Students will PARTY after winning a Championship, especially when they are of age. If they kicked every kid out of school for alcohol they wouldn't have a freakn college. What cupcake world do you live in? People get busted all the time on a "dry" campus and get issued a college security appearance ticket 99% of the time. One of the only times you see people expelled/suspended is when there is malicious intent (hazing) or when someone gets hurt. Like I said...if you're asking these questions like you want to act like drinking doesn't happen ("dont most/all schools/athletic departments have a zero tolerance policy..." blah blah blah....I ask what rock you live under. AD's, Coaches, Players, Parents, ect ect all know what happens at school. It's when it gets posted to social media that issues arise. And yes, Ive seen several MENS players at the NCAA's enjoying questionable beverages and post game celebrations. Should probably suspend Derrick Shaw and Bob Emery for allowing him to smoke a cigar in the locker room back in 2001. (TIC)

Side note....as I explained to someone else. I agree with the punishment, as comical as it is. When you put someone against POLICY on social media, the NCAA has to act. But acting like this is the end of the world, that college kids are drinking is just laughable lol
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
                  Plattsburgh is getting off lightly. No mention of Houle lying about not knowing to investigators about beer on the bus... the video is bad bad bad. How could he not know? The AD was on the bus too. Under age drinking? Scott, do you have proof of your Norwich claim?

I'm pretty sure that #9 is out. I would never let my daughter go to this program, players are whiners and the fans/ parents are arrogant jerks. The school is terrible, the town is gross.

Don't lie, don't ever lie! Get your hands on the video and you'll see the lies and arrogance. This is absolutely disgusting behavior.
                  I know nothing about your daughter. But thank you, sir (and I use that term loosely) for staying the hell out of my town. I suspect from your bitterness that your daughter wasn’t recruited to come to Plattsburgh. Your last name isn’t Ball, is it?
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Im sorry, maybe your Chest Club didn't have beer parties after the Championships....

No, I did read...and responded....College Hockey Players are College Athletes. College Athletes are College Students. Most College Students partake in some sort of "against the rules" policy. Most College Hockey Players AKA College Students will PARTY after winning a Championship, especially when they are of age. If they kicked every kid out of school for alcohol they wouldn't have a freakn college. What cupcake world do you live in? People get busted all the time on a "dry" campus and get issued a college security appearance ticket 99% of the time. One of the only times you see people expelled/suspended is when there is malicious intent (hazing) or when someone gets hurt. Like I said...if you're asking these questions like you want to act like drinking doesn't happen ("dont most/all schools/athletic departments have a zero tolerance policy..." blah blah blah....I ask what rock you live under. AD's, Coaches, Players, Parents, ect ect all know what happens at school. It's when it gets posted to social media that issues arise. And yes, Ive seen several MENS players at the NCAA's enjoying questionable beverages and post game celebrations. Should probably suspend Derrick Shaw and Bob Emery for allowing him to smoke a cigar in the locker room back in 2001. (TIC)

Side note....as I explained to someone else. I agree with the punishment, as comical as it is. When you put someone against POLICY on social media, the NCAA has to act. But acting like this is the end of the world, that college kids are drinking is just laughable lol
                    I think the motto of the Chest Club is "Bottoms Up!!"
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Lol, you're precious! "Chest Club" and "ect ect" are just too funny. You should go back to Platty, but try to graduate this time, PSUChump. If you do, I have no doubt you'll have a few beers to celebrate the accomplishment. Thanks for the laughs!

Comment

Lol, you're precious! "Chest Club" and "ect ect" are just too funny. You should go back to Platty, but try to graduate this time, PSUChump. If you do, I have no doubt you'll have a few beers to celebrate the accomplishment. Thanks for the laughs!
                        Did your mom help you write that one too? I'm sure your degree does wonders at McDonald's too...
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

This isn't ominous-sounding at all

I hope everyone at Norwich and NEC are ok.

GTOWN, I see Castleton also postponed their game vs NEC this weekend...any insight into the situation?
                          Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-10-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                            This isn't ominous-sounding at all

I hope everyone at Norwich and NEC are ok.

GTOWN, isn't your daughter's team supposed to be playing NEC this weekend too? Is that still on?
                            Norwich is still playing Plymouth State tonight.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Norwich is still playing Plymouth State tonight.
                              Norwich is still playing, Castleton also cancelled the women's game against NEC. NEC's website still has their men's teams as playing at home this weekend against Babson and UMB. Makes me nervous for the NEC women's program. I hope they're ok.

Comment

Did your mom help you write that one too? I'm sure your degree does wonders at McDonald's too...
                                Awww, what a cute little comeback attempt. So deep and well thought out, within the scope of your intellectual limitations.
                                Last edited by shelfit; 11-10-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X