Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    The schedule was published well in advance. We all knew that the 8/9 game was going to be played on Friday and the QF would be played on Saturday. A week ago, wouldn't you have been thrilled to be told you have a play in-game on Friday night? Good luck to EC as I like to see new teams get into the tournament!
    No didn't look at the schedule , whether published or not doesn't make it right. Sure NCAA has its reasons. A week ago if you are Hamline/Gustavus you are not hoping you are in the play-in game. You hope you win the playoff for autobid. If you are EC ,yes you are thrilled.

Future looks bright for Hamline. New rink, Darwitz name recognition ( she did color analysis for MN vs Wisc yesterday). Ability to get transfers as she did this year. How long will she stay?

Comment

I feel so torn by this Western threesome. I am a GAC fan, but I'm also a Western hockey fan, and a big fan of new blood to the tourney. If only we could have worked things out to send 2 teams out East! I'll be rooting for the Gusties, but I'm excited to cheer for whichever Western team heads to the finals. It's always exciting to see totally new matchups and see how different teams really stack up. I think it's great to see three teams make it to their first NCAAs.

Comment

Can someone explain the criteria why GAC is hosting?

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
          Can someone explain the criteria why GAC is hosting?
          Hamline couldn't. Thus the opportunity went to GAC
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Norwich has got a pretty cool victory tour starting to line up.

Headed to the Vermont State House to meet with the Governor and have a proclamation read on the legislature floor on Thursday, March 29.

Also, heading to Fenway Park to be honored in a pre-game ceremony on Tuesday, April 10 before a Red Sox/Yankees game!
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

When are they going to the White House to meet your lovely president? bahahaha!

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Norwich has got a pretty cool victory tour starting to line up.

Headed to the Vermont State House to meet with the Governor and have a proclamation read on the legislature floor on Thursday, March 29.

Also, heading to Fenway Park to be honored in a pre-game ceremony on Tuesday, April 10 before a Red Sox/Yankees game!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                Clarkson (3 titles) has never been invited. In 2014 when D3 schools held all 4 NCAA hockey trophies, none of the schools were invited.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                  I think they'd rather pass on that invitation. I'm not sure anyone really considers Trump to be an actual president. I think it's more of a situation comedy taking place at the White House. Certainly a joke at the very least.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                    I think they'd rather pass on that invitation. I'm not sure anyone really considers Trump to be an actual president. I think it's more of a situation comedy taking place at the White House. Certainly a joke at the very least.
                    Let us please refrain from posting our personal political views....negative or positive...this is not the right place for that.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      Let us please refrain from posting our personal political views....negative or positive...this is not the right place for that.
                      Lol, ok, Twitter is the best place for that especially if, let's say for example, you hold a very high office!

Comment

St. Benedict selects Thibault as new coach for women’s team

"Thibault takes over a team that finished 2-21-1 in 2017-18, but returns three of its top four leading scorers."
                        Looks like Mr. Thibault has his work cut our for him.

https://www.uscho.com/2018/06/06/st-...r-womens-team/
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                        X